URGENT /DS-157 Question. Jaxen/Jim Help!

haris44

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am applying for H1B mutliple visa in Chennai. In DS-157, there is a space " Do u have any specialized skills/training including fireams, explosives, chemical experience?"

I am a chemical engineer by profession. However I dont have any skills in chemicals/explosives/fireams etc. Should I put "yes " and explain? or should I put "No"

Please HELP!!!!

Thanks

Chemical engg. degree is not a skill or training. Say No. Did you acquire a trade certificate or a practical class training documented somewhere in your mark/grade sheets? Does your resume has direct reference to such skill acquirement or usage?
This is a serious pointed question. Unless you are going for a job that uses these specific skills, I would not recommend answering this question Yes.
Hope you are just a regular guy who wants to be honest and not upto some mischief..

Re:

Jaxen,

I am just a regular guy and dont have training certificates or anything. Infact my work has nothing to do with this and my resume has no connections with such actions.

The reason why i asked was my lawyer sent a filled DS-157 with answers and there she had said "Yes". She wrote it because I am a chemical engineer. (just based on the word "chemical") I got confused because of that. I think I should put " No".

Please confirm.

Thanks a lot.