URGENT!! Congress meeting TODAY to discuss H.R.4241..PLEASE SEND FREE WebFax just NOW

Done..Faxed to my local congresswoman

Just faxed through ISN America's web fax service to all the congressmen in CA. I also faxed it to my 14th district congresswoman Anna Eshoo apart from the free service.

Reply from Utah congressman Chris Cannon

I've faxed, called, e-mailed, web-faxed to all 3 congressmean and 2 seantors of Utah state. This is the e-mail reply i received from Utah congressman Chris Cannon today. In all forms of my communication, eventhough i stressed the EB visa retrogression issue (like waiting for green cards for more than 5 years), somehow his reply has more info about his support for H1-B visa cap increase. I will call and e-mail him again to stress the importance of EB visa retrogression issue.

Please, please fax, call, e-mail to your state congressmen and senators. This is working. Work hard to achieve our goals. This IS the time to act.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
11/10/05
Dear XXXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me about proposed increases in the number of persons who can be admitted to the United States under temporary H-1B work visas. I appreciate your opinion on this issue.

Many of the top 100 companies using workers with H-1B visas are located in Utah. A number of them have told me of significant shortages of workers in the specialized employee categories open to such workers. The hi-tech industry is vital to our continued economic recovery and prosperity, both locally and nationwide. An estimated four jobs are created in sales, manufacturing and other sectors of the economy from each engineering job filled through the H-1B visa program. For these reasons, I will support an increase in the H-1B cap.

A proposal providing for an increase in the number of these visas has been included in the Senate Judiciary Committee deficit reduction package. The Senate bill would increase the number of visas by as many as 30,000 a year by making available previously unused visas. I am pleased with the step that the Senate has taken and am hopeful that as the House of Representatives addresses the issue, it can include similar support for an increase in the number of H-1B visas. Rest assured, I will work to ensure that the visa problem is adequately addressed and the needs of Utahns are met.

Once again, thank you for telling me of your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you again.

Warmest regards,

Chris Cannon

Member of Congress

I cannot guarantee the integrity of the text of this letter if it was not sent to you directly from my Congressional Email Account. If you have any questions about the validity of this message, please email me at: cannon.ut03@mail.house.gov or call my Washington, DC office at: (202) 225-7751.

THIS IS A SEND ONLY EMAIL. PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL BUT CONTACT ME THROUGH THE ADDRESS ABOVE.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

faxed

I have faxed all the House members listed there from CA & also to all the members one more time. It says that it sent both the faxes.

I am working with my co-workers & friends to sent the fax. 15 of them have already faxed. I will try to convince some other people also.

what i feel

Text and appearance matter.

If I have a fax machine and you dump on me same faxes over and over again with yes same content! Do you think It will make difference if its 500 or 1000 or 2000? Am I going to go through each one of them and see if there are different senders below the yours sincerely line?

What about you?

I think two things that matter most:

1) Originality of the content so that they stand out and catch attention.
2) Making each one of them (Congessmen/women/senators) aware of it!
-

Once again, our mission should be to spread the awareness of our cause (which is not related to increasing H1B visa) to maximum no. of people in congress/senate. And, we need to word our cause individually.

dumping ream of papers isn't the right way!

So, Guys please take some time to modify the content and prepare a single sheet word document highlighting causes and concerns (there was a posting sometime back on how to write a professional one).

cheers!

where_is_my_gc said:
If I have a fax machine and you dump on me same faxes over and over again with yes same content! Do you think It will make difference if its 500 or 1000 or 2000?
I appreciate the logic but look at it this way. During the Byrd Amendment, a few of us called the Senators. The person incharge in many a case was not interested in the sob story - just whether we are in favor of or against the vote. So the fax atleast does that.

where_is_my_gc said:
So, Guys please take some time to modify the content and prepare a single sheet word document highlighting causes and concerns (there was a posting sometime back on how to write a professional one).
If things were ideal and the participation was good, the plan you suggest above is the ideal but when people do not bother to even click twice and avoid misery, do you sincerely believe that they will take time to compose a mail and send? :)

I don't think people up for GC have got "Kya farq padta hai" attitude

We all know how this GC thing eats you up - physically and mentally.
Its not like voting for change in india or elsewhere - ek se kya hogaa type.

--
so if you are in this game you better start giving your best.

We get responses from senator/local people - if they can respond to our mail/letters/phones, why can't we do our best to educate them about our causes.

My brother in law (got gc in 2002 - applied 1999) tells me the same thing. He recalls phoning senators to FBI (during the last stages to speed up things and he did get response). Remember folks this is US and not India. Somone out there will listen.

Efforts are good - but quality efforts what that matter

I remember that someone personally talked with either congressman or senator's office and they said that Senator (or Congressman) does look these issues reported by various people (by mail, fax, email, personal contact, petition, etc...) and gives priority based on number of same (or similar) issues reported by his/her constituents. So sending Fax or Email with same Subject line (or even same content) from various people makes huge difference as it encourage the senator/congressman to really read/understand/act on the issue ASAP.

where_is_my_gc said:
If I have a fax machine and you dump on me same faxes over and over again with yes same content! Do you think It will make difference if its 500 or 1000 or 2000?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not debating on same or similar issue. Ofcourse its the retrogression thing which we are talking about.

I meant the content and the appearance.

Anyway, I am not discouraging people to send faxes. You should Do it!! but we should also try wording it differently.

Sure, it is good that people format their own text and send Fax - which requies couple of hours...but it is hard to expect this when few are not even bother to spend 1 minute (Yes, it took less than one minute for me to send Fax to all congressman/senators in my state at the same time).

where_is_my_gc said:
I am not debating on same or similar issue. Ofcourse its the retrogression thing which we are talking about.

I meant the content and the appearance.

So anyone really busy but still willing to help themself, please send webFax via following link:
http://www.isnamerica.org/fax/fax.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what i think. People who have time to re word should do it and people who dont care should atleast send the one minute click faxes.

where_is_my_gc said:
I don't think people up for GC have got "Kya farq padta hai" attitude

We all know how this GC thing eats you up - physically and mentally.
Its not like voting for change in india or elsewhere - ek se kya hogaa type.

--
so if you are in this game you better start giving your best.

We get responses from senator/local people - if they can respond to our mail/letters/phones, why can't we do our best to educate them about our causes.

My brother in law (got gc in 2002 - applied 1999) tells me the same thing. He recalls phoning senators to FBI (during the last stages to speed up things and he did get response). Remember folks this is US and not India. Somone out there will listen.

Efforts are good - but quality efforts what that matter

Hi,

Just now I faxed to all GA senators and representatives.

The wording is not working

Here is what I got back from Rep. Mark Steven Kirk (IL):

<<
Thank you for your recent communication regarding nonimmigrant professional specialty visas, known as H-1B visas. I appreciate hearing from you.

The United States is a nation built by immigrants and I am proud of our nation's unparalleled cultural diversity. I welcome the diversity foreign nationals continue to bring to the United States. The H-1B visa program was designed when the United States experienced shortages in key labor sectors. During World War II, we saw a real labor shortages in the machine tool industry that served the needs of our military. The economic prosperity of the 1990s fueled a drive to increase the number of temporary foreign workers to fill critical jobs in the information technology (IT) sector, one of the engines of our nation's economy. We chose to let hi-tech workers temporarily into the country so that the work would not go offshore.

The current law limits H-1B visas to 65,000 annually. I agree that the H-1B visa program is an important tool to ensure that the U.S. can fill key sectors of our workforce. Nevertheless, it is critical that these visa applicants are closely scrutinized by the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of State to thwart terrorist from entering the U.S. Additionally, to ensure American workers are not disenfranchised, employers must adhere to the rules of this program which are enforced by the Department of Labor. I will continue to closely monitor economic data from the Department of Labor and the Department of Commerce to determine the need for an increase in H-1B visas. If legislation comes before the full House of Representatives, please be assured that I will take full account of your views.

Thank you for taking the time to contact me on this issue. Please feel free to contact me if issues of concern to you come before the Congress or visit my website at http://www.house.gov/kirk. >>

we need to change the wording to let thme know that H1 visa increase and EB retrogression are two separate issues.

Call In session on Budget Reconciliation Bill on C-SPAN!

Guys,

Just to let you know that there is a Call In session for "Budget Reconciliation Bill" on C-SPAN today starting 12:45pm in another 15 minutes. Michael Castle, U.S. Representative, R-DE will be there to talk the calls. I would urge more and more people to call so that atleast someone amoung us could get through and clearly explain the Retrogression issue.

I think most people who have read this and other threads know what to say. I would also request to please make sure that you mention that this is NOT about H1 increase issue, this is about green card retrogression issue where people will have wait for 4-5 years before being able to apply for adjustment of status even when Labor and I-140 (Petition for Immigrant Worker) has been approved.

Peace.

WaldenPond

To increase number of faxes , also send in name of spouse and adult childrens

anildel said:
I've faxed to Hon Rep Mark Steven Kirk and Rep Mellisa Bean this morning around 10.15.

I sent faxt to all GA senators and representatives , on behalf of my wife also. This strategy will increase number of faxes.