Urgent, anyone who has the oath ceremony done at Cadman Plaza Brooklyn NY, please help!!!

kelvin8250

Registered Users (C)
My cousin's oath ceremony has done at 225 Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn, NY last week, September 2009. Unfortunately, he was late. Therefore, he may miss some important booklets, sheet of papers or souvenirs. So, now, he worries that he miss a thing during the oath ceremony at Cadman Plaza!!!

Here is the checklist of what he got:
#1 a newsletter from NYC Commission On Human Rights.
#2 a NYS voter registration form.
#3 an oath of allegiance sheet of paper.
#4 a New York Passport Application Acceptance Facilities sheet of paper about the locations where could apply for a passport.
#5 a social security administration sheet of paper about updating citizenship status record.

So, anything else?

Although, this is not important for many people, but he is a perfectionist.
Folks, please help my cousin's concerned by double checking the items listed above. He wants to make sure that he didn't miss a thing at Cadman Plaza!!! He just wants to know about Cadman Plaza, no other oath locations please.

Of course, he already got his naturalization certificate. No joke right here!!!

My cousin's oath ceremony has done at 225 Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn, NY last week, September 2009. Unfortunately, he was late. Therefore, he may miss some important booklets, sheet of papers or souvenirs. So, now, he worries that he miss a thing during the oath ceremony at Cadman Plaza!!!

#4 a New York Passport Application Acceptance Facilities sheet of paper about the locations where could apply for a passport.
#5 a social security administration sheet of paper about updating citizenship status record.

So, anything else?

Folks, please help my cousin's concerned by double checking the items listed above. He wants to make sure that he didn't miss a thing at Cadman Plaza!!! He just wants to know about Cadman Plaza, no other oath locations please.

Nothing to worry about! Only important thing that he got is naturalization certificate. the list that you mentioned is perfect.

So, anything else?

I took my oath at Cadman Plaza and got the same exact stuff. They didn't give out flags or new citizens' almanacs.

Now, I don't want to sound snotty, but, if this person is such a "perfectionist", I would expect he/she would have been there 30 mins ahead of schedule, not late for such an important event. Anyway sounds like things are fine.

So, anything else?

Are you the cousin?.....:D

sorry for the joke.

Folks, I want to clarify something.

My oath ceremony will be at 225 Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn, NY too. But, I reschedule my ceremony, because I have a business trip for that week. I and my cousin filed N-400 at the same day. So, I am concerned it too, maybe, I will be late as well.

So one question for two guys, is better deal!!!

I took my oath at Cadman Plaza and got the same exact stuff. They didn't give out flags or new citizens' almanacs.

Vorpal, how do you exact remember you got the exact stuff? I see your timeline, your oath ceremony was last year!!!

Have you forgot something? I doubt you discard them. But, I hope not.

Make sure you double check them again please!!!

Vorpal, how do you exact remember you got the exact stuff? I see your timeline, your oath ceremony was last year!!!

Have you forgot something? I doubt you discard them. But, I hope not.

Make sure you double check them again please!!!

I have the envelope with everything I received at the oath ceremony in the file cabinet next to my computer desk. That, coupled with the fact that I have excellent memory, should answer your question. :)

I have the envelope with everything I received at the oath ceremony in the file cabinet next to my computer desk. That, coupled with the fact that I have excellent memory, should answer your question. :)

Vorpal, one more thing, do you exact remember an old guy ( maybe your one was not an old guy ) distributing row by row just #1 a newsletter from NYC Commission On Human Rights, and #2 a NYS voter registration form at the beginning of the oath ceremony? Only just two items?

This is because my cousin just missed that period of time ( almost half hour )!!! So, he is very worried he miss a thing at that moment. He said "the remaining three items were picked by himself at the officers' table while being called to sign the certificate."

Vorpal, one more thing, do you exact remember an old guy ( maybe your one was not an old guy ) distributing row by row just #1 a newsletter from NYC Commission On Human Rights, and #2 a NYS voter registration form at the beginning of the oath ceremony? Only just two items?

This is because my cousin just missed that period of time ( almost half hour )!!! So, he is very worried he miss a thing at that moment. He said "the remaining three items were picked by himself at the officers' table while being called to sign the certificate."

At my oath, the newsletter from the NYC Commission on Human Rights was given out by a middle-aged African American woman, after she gave a rather boring speech about standing up for your rights and not allow anyone to discriminate against you. The voter registration forms were handed out at the beginning of the ceremony by two Latino ladies, who also collected them after the ceremony.

Trust me, the most important part of the ceremony is the last 15 minutes. The judge walks in, the court clerks administers the oath of allegiance, the judge gives a short speech, everyone collectes their certificates and leaves. Your cousin missed absolutely nothing important.

Vorpal,

I am surprised NY state is wasting paper and ink on the Comm of HRC. NY is a state which abusive to people at all time for no apparent reason. I will take such a newsletter seriously, when they start taking care of nasty people in the city. I am hoping they establish a Commissioner of Right Attitude to educate people there about proper behaviors. I have never seen people so nasty and in a hurry to be broke than I see in NY...:eek: Police shooting people, not held accountable, plunging their buttocks and firing rounds into the bodies of an unarmed men and found not guilty? :mad: I don't have a hatred for police officers, but I have a hatred for injustice everywhere.

I would have stood up in the middle of the naturalization process and asked them a questins, when are we going to clean the city of squirrel size rodents? When are we going to stop abusing cars with potholes? When are we finally going to nail on the wall the yellow cabs drivers reckless disregard for passenger safety? :confused:Oh...I forgot this is an immigration site, not a NY complaint site, but you ger the point....:D I drove from NY last night around 9:30pm and for once, Holland Tunnel was clear and empty...but the pot holes where there...:confused:

At my oath, the newsletter from the NYC Commission on Human Rights was given out by a middle-aged African American woman, after she gave a rather boring speech about standing up for your rights and not allow anyone to discriminate against you. The voter registration forms were handed out at the beginning of the ceremony by two Latino ladies, who also collected them after the ceremony.

Trust me, the most important part of the ceremony is the last 15 minutes. The judge walks in, the court clerks administers the oath of allegiance, the judge gives a short speech, everyone collectes their certificates and leaves. Your cousin missed absolutely nothing important.

Vorpal, thank you.

I am surprising one year later, you and my cousin got the exact items!!! Unbelievable.

Not thing more, and not thing less, based on what you got.

Vorpal,

I am surprised NY state is wasting paper and ink on the Comm of HRC. NY is a state which abusive to people at all time for no apparent reason. I will take such a newsletter seriously, when they start taking care of nasty people in the city. I am hoping they establish a Commissioner of Right Attitude to educate people there about proper behaviors. I have never seen people so nasty and in a hurry to be broke than I see in NY...:eek: Police shooting people, not held accountable, plunging their buttocks and firing rounds into the bodies of an unarmed men and found not guilty? :mad: I don't have a hatred for police officers, but I have a hatred for injustice everywhere.

I would have stood up in the middle of the naturalization process and asked them a questins, when are we going to clean the city of squirrel size rodents? When are we going to stop abusing cars with potholes? When are we finally going to nail on the wall the yellow cabs drivers reckless disregard for passenger safety? :confused:Oh...I forgot this is an immigration site, not a NY complaint site, but you ger the point....:D I drove from NY last night around 9:30pm and for once, Holland Tunnel was clear and empty...but the pot holes where there...:confused:

I couldn't agree more. Every time I go out of state, I'm always surprised how nice and polite everyone is. The 3 things that would make NYC better would be to get rid of "Tax Hike" Mike Bloomberg (I'm voting for anyone other than him this November), reign in the out-of-control police force, and stop giving out nonsensical parking tickets for no apparent reason.

You drove through Holland Tunnel? I'm surprised that you didn't get ticketed for blocking the box! Take a look at this website, I have a feeling you'll enjoy it: www.newyorkparkingticket.com/blog

September Oath Ceremony

Hi kelvin8250, what exact date was your cousin's ceremony at the 225 Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn, NY? Because I think I missed mine and I am freaking out!!.. Thanks..

Hi kelvin8250, what exact date was your cousin's ceremony at the 225 Cadman Plaza, Brooklyn, NY? Because I think I missed mine and I am freaking out!!.. Thanks..

Sorry, he didn't not mention which date, but just September 2009.