!!! Urgent Answer Requested !!!

bozoh

Registered Users (C)
I filed for 485 in dec 01. later I got married and included my wife in the follow-to-join process (my H1B had expired). Since the approval was taking long, I got her a H1B Visa. She is scheduled for an interview tomorrow at Delhi Consulate. However, last week I got approval on my 485 and it will still take about 6 months to an year for her to get Green Card.
Now I am debating whether she whould go for H1B interview tomorrow. She now has to declare that her spouse is a permanent resident, which I feel reduces her chances of H1B approval.
We have already waited 16 months and do not want to wait anymore. But on the other hand we do not want to risk her GC approval incase H1B gets rejected.
What is the rate of rejection of H1B, specially when the spouse in a permanent resident? Does any body know?

I would like to know your views.

Thanks!

Originally posted by bozoh
She now has to declare that her spouse is a permanent resident, which I feel reduces her chances of H1B approval.
We have already waited 16 months and do not want to wait anymore.

Since H-1B allows dual intent, there should be no problem with this at all.

does

follow-to-join cause such a long delay?? I thought you can get them as soon as you want. Now why didnt you bring her here earlier??

I think she might have problems if you have a greencard. Cuz they know for sure that she aint going back.

In my opinion, as long as she has all the required documentation her H1 shouldn't be rejected. I don't think your being a PR will matter since H1 is dual-intent anyway. Hypothetically, even if her H1 is rejected for some crazy reason, that should not impact her GC approval as long as she's not trying to obtain the H1 fraudulently. My 2 cents.

did you get your passport stamped

if not, it is still safe to say that you are not permanent resident and ( you didn't hear about your approval so far)

H1-B is a dual intent visa.

As such there should not be any problem in her stating about ur PR.

this may sound mean. But I think silent observers donot deserve a answer. They never share their experiences with others until they need help and advice. Look the author of this original poster.