prasaud

Registered Users (C)
:confused: Hi All,

First I want to give a summary of my case:
EB2- pre approved labor PD: Dec 2001
I140 - Applied on Feb 2006
I140 - Approved on May 2006
EAD - Approved on July 19 2006
I485 - Applied on May 5 2006 -- waiting for approval (No LUDs no RFEs)
Fingerprinting done June 2006

Now, here is my situation: I am on bench for past one month and being paid my full salary. my employer called me today, saying that he has to take me off the payroll and hence I wont be getting paid from the next pay period

I have been monitoring the approval of cases from VERMONT SERVICE CENTER and the cases similar to mine are getting approved at this point of time. I strongly believe that I should get an RFE or an approval within next couple of weeks.

Now, my question is should I apply for AC21 and transfer my H1 to another company? or should I use my EAD and start working for another company? or should I wait for a couple of weeks for my case to get approved or get an RFE?

What would be my best option for me now?

Thanks in advance for your help. Please reply

prasaud said:
Now, my question is should I apply for AC21 and transfer my H1 to another company? or should I use my EAD and start working for another company? or should I wait for a couple of weeks for my case to get approved or get an RFE?

No one can tell you what to do, but if you are not getting paid or working for the employer it is unlikely you could satisfy an employment verification RFE. You may want to consider finding other employment, either on H1 or EAD.

Hi,

from your user name it seems like you applied for canadian immigration. I have my approved canadian immigration. I just have to get the visa stamped and land in Canada within a year. I have kept that as a back up option. I am planning to go for the immigrant visa stamp on next Thursday to New York office. Can yo please tell me the document requirement for this. Also can you tell me about the landing procedure.

Thanks

prasaud said:
Hi,

from your user name it seems like you applied for canadian immigration. I have my approved canadian immigration. I just have to get the visa stamped and land in Canada within a year. I have kept that as a back up option. I am planning to go for the immigrant visa stamp on next Thursday to New York office. Can yo please tell me the document requirement for this. Also can you tell me about the landing procedure.

Thanks

For canadian Landing you will get alot of info on
http://www.settlement.org/discuss/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=21
I used the same to research my landing in Canada. By the way you have to land within 1 year of your medical tests. i.e. you will have the actual date when you get the Canadian visa stamped on your passport. So be ready if the dates are near.
Landing is really simple but follow the following policy.
1. Cross the POE when the traffic is very low as the officials are more relaxed.
2. Keep all your documents filed systematically so you have easy access to them. This makes a good impression.
3. When they ask you when you plan to finally immigrate let them know a specific time in future vith a valid reason like " my current contract expires in 6 months or so"
4. The canadian authorities have caught on to the fact that alot of Landers from USA have also applied for GC and if you get stuck with a stiff then he will give you a hard time.

Kali

Thanks Kali

Kali,

Thanks for the info. I am sure it will be really useful to me in the future.

Thanks

Kali - About stamping

Kali,

I am going for staming this Thursday. The documents asked to bring with me are passport and 4 photographs. Do I need to take anything apart from that? how long the whole procedure takes? Please share your stamping experience

Thanks

prasaud said:
Kali,

I am going for staming this Thursday. The documents asked to bring with me are passport and 4 photographs. Do I need to take anything apart from that? how long the whole procedure takes? Please share your stamping experience

Thanks

In my case I just mailed out my documents to Buffalo, NY with all the documents they asked for. They returned it in 2-3 weeks with a temporary visa.
After that I took an appointment with the Vancouver BC , consulate (US) for my H1 stamping via the web site.

Kali

Kali - About stamping(PR visa)

Kali,

Sorry if I was not very clear earlier, but I am asking about canadian PR visa on my passport. They have approved my canadian PR and asked me to get the PR visa stamped on my passport within a period of one month. Can you please share your experience about that.

Thanks