Upset Mum away from dad of my baby

UpsetMum2B

I recently had to move home to england from living in the USA for 3 years(my visa was over) I was on an A2 visa because of my fathers job. My boyfriend and I intend to apply for a K-1 visa for me to go back to the US and marry him, however recently I found out I was pregnant with his child. My question is, if I have the baby in England will he/she be a US citizen through its father? And will that make it easier for me as a US citizens mother to go over to the US? I am desperate no get back to my love. Any Ideas? Thanks for your time anyone who can help

Yes, the child can get US citizenship through its father. It will never be President though!

No it won't make it any easy for you to get a K-1 visa, other than clearly having a child with your intended husband is clear evidence that you have a real relationship.

Please do yourself a favor and, if you enter the US as a visitor, wait at least 60 days to get married. If you enter as a visitor and get married within 60-days, they may consider it "false intent, ie fraudulent entry" and make you file a waiver (a VERY messy and expensive process). Save yourself the trouble.

Also, if you intend on marrying, either enter on a fiance visa or be mindful of what you say at the border...to avoid issues of intent.

Best wishes to you and your new family!

If you enter the US on a K1 visa you can get married at any time within the 90 day window allowed. The issue in_love was bringing up specifically applies if you enter the US on a B1/B2 visitor visa or visa waiver program.

Since you intend to return to the US, I strongly suggest you give birth while in the US - it will make the paperwork MUCH easier and your child will still have dual UK citizenship through you.

If you enter the US on a K1 visa you can get married at any time within the 90 day window allowed. The issue in_love was bringing up specifically applies if you enter the US on a B1/B2 visitor visa or visa waiver program.

Since you intend to return to the US, I strongly suggest you give birth while in the US - it will make the paperwork MUCH easier and your child will still have dual UK citizenship through you.

yes yes! thanks, boatbod, for clarifying!

That child will be a US citizen from birth if certain conditions are met. He will be eligible to run for president. You don't have to be born on US soil, you just have to be a US citizen at birth.

Yes, the child can get US citizenship through its father. It will never be President though!

That child will be a US citizen from birth if certain conditions are met. He will be eligible to run for president. You don't have to be born on US soil, you just have to be a US citizen at birth.
If you are the son or daughter of a US citizen an a non-US citizen, you can only be considered a "natural born citizen" if the non-US citizen has lived in the USA for more than a year.

As the OP has lived in the USA for 3 years, then I guess they meet this requirement, so yes the baby can run for president! :)