Upgrading A Petition

sbkp2006

Registered Users (C)
Someone ever had upgraded their petition file to immidiate relative..??

In other words, if any one had petition file for their spouse when you were LPR (Green Card) and after becoming citizen upgraded the file..????
If anyone had gone through this experiance please share..!!

What do you write in letter...!!????

you pretty much tell them about your case, enclose a copy of your naturalizatin certificate, and ask them to transfer the petition into the immediate relatives category.

LucyMO said:
you pretty much tell them about your case, enclose a copy of your naturalizatin certificate, and ask them to transfer the petition into the immediate relatives category.

If you have the original I130 receipt, make a copy and attach it.

HI sbkp.// I just read your post which was posted long time back...i dont knw if u will be checking it anmymore..if you do could u please answer to this qeation i hve...I am in a similar situation as you once were. My spouse will be a USC after few weks. I am NOT in the US at the moment..however my I-130 was approved few weeeks back. Now we are thinking of upgrading once my spouse becomes a citizen. IF you did the same thing..how long did it take for your spouse to get there? I am still waiting for the whole process it end and get to go to the US. please help me.
Thanks alot.

Could be anywhere from 4 to 10 months. Depends on which US embassy/consulate is involved.

IF you did the same thing..how long did it take for your spouse to get there? I am still waiting for the whole process it end and get to go to the US.

Thanks for the reply ...now I am a bit confused. MY I 130 was approved couple of weeks back. my priority date is september 2006 and currently they are processing the priority date of march 2006 and on march they will be working for the priority date of april 2006. BAsed on this, calculating with the rough estimation, I hav about 6 months before they get to my priority date. IS it wise to upgrade my case since I have read that upgrading can be more time consuming at times.
What should I do? KIndly help.
Thank you.

Thanks for the reply ...now I am a bit confused. MY I 130 was approved couple of weeks back. my priority date is september 2006 and currently they are processing the priority date of march 2006 and on march they will be working for the priority date of april 2006. BAsed on this, calculating with the rough estimation, I hav about 6 months before they get to my priority date. IS it wise to upgrade my case since I have read that upgrading can be more time consuming at times.
What should I do? KIndly help.
Thank you.

If your I-130 is already approved, then it must have been forwarded to NVC. When your spouse becomes US citizen, you need to call NVC and tell them to upgrade your petition. They might ask you to send copy of naturalization certificate via email or mail. Once upgraded things will move very fast as the priority dates dont matter anymore and a immigrant visa number is immediately avaialble for IR category... I have seen the process finish in about 4 months.