• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Updating Initial Arrival Location for Diversity Visa Holder - Impact on Green Card and Social Security Number

Volstrekt

My visa just got approved this week and I am waiting to collect my passport. There was a change of plan on where I stay upon my initial arrival in the US. I was going to Minnesota where my sponsor lives (my DS-260 has this information). However, I have now decided to go to a different state, Kansas, where my friends are living. Would this change in my initial arrival location cause any trouble in receiving my green card and social security number? Is it enough to just inform the immigration officers at the port of entry in the US, or do I need to fill out an AR-11 form to formally notify the authorities about the change of address?

Also, how long does it take for SSN to get mailed to the address?

no problem, you can use any port of entry you want. Inform the CBP officer on arrival of the updated address.
SS card is usually within a couple of weeks.