Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

ryerapotini said:
All,

you could schedule for your biometrics by calling the number on your 485 receipt till last week. I did the same and completed my biometrics. I did receive an appointment notice the following week though for biometrics. I took that letter as well, just in case.

What I heard from my lawyer is that this was a pilot (where they allowed people to call in and schedule) but please double-check by calling the number.

Also, I gave the finger prints on 10/21 and then I have seen LUDs on my 485 application, one on 10/21 and the other on 10/24. I dont know if they are related though. I dont see any change in content on the status screens.
ryerapotini,
What is that number for calling them. Please give it as soon as u can
chicchu

485 needs code 3 (10 FP + pic + signature)
Call the 800 national service center number and listen the options carefully, there is one about scheduling appointment select that option.

Thanks,

chicchu said:
DSLStart,a_vind
When I called the 1800 number , she says you can not go for fingerprints without a notice. Whom should I call and what codes should I give to make the fingerpint appointments myself
thanks
chicchu

DSLstart said:
485 needs code 3 (10 FP + pic + signature)
Call the 800 national service center number and listen the options carefully, there is one about scheduling appointment select that option.

Thanks,
I called the 1800 number 3 times by now. Basically, this is what I found out- they do not know if a fingerprint notice is mailed out or not. I can not make an appt without a fingerprint notice. That is what they are clearly saying. Does anyone know if the online status on a 485 case says finger print notice sent out or so.Is there some clue online which shows ur fingeprint notices have been sent out. My attorney said , he receives fingerprint notices only sometimes, not all the times.Looks like there is no way for me to know if I received FP notices or not

I think your options are:
1) Call 800 no. and ask them to at least tell you what the date for your FP is (not sure if this is possible - given the quality of CS people they have).
2) Try walking into ASC and explaining them this. Mostly they also not allow you to get FP
3) Try walking into an ASC for walkin fingerprinting in some rural area (1-3 hr drive maybe) along with original copy of 485 notice. This is essentially same as (2) with the only difference that the rural area ASC which are less busy are more likely to allow walkin fingerprinting.

BTW there is no lud/email on FP notice. I got my FP notice today, but didnt get any lud/emails.

Good luck.

chicchu said:
DSLStart,a_vind
When I called the 1800 number , she says you can not go for fingerprints without a notice. Whom should I call and what codes should I give to make the fingerpint appointments myself
thanks
chicchu

Recently had my Perm approved and new to this thread. Is concurrent filing still possible? I'm not from the retrogressed list of countries.

If your employment category is showing C (current) on the visa bulletin you can file concurrently. Right now all countries are retrogressed for EB3 and some for EB2. My advice would be file ASAP if you can file concurrently because it is predicted that retrogression will hit all countries for EB2 soon this year (that's what I heard anyway).

gopherhound said:
If your employment category is showing C (current) on the visa bulletin you can file concurrently. Right now all countries are retrogressed for EB3 and some for EB2. My advice would be file ASAP if you can file concurrently because it is predicted that retrogression will hit all countries for EB2 soon this year (that's what I heard anyway).

How do I figure out the category of employment? Dont know if I'm in second or 3rd category.

Anyone out there has filed I-140/485 concurrently in Jan 2006 for EB3?

Hey there
I am working in Arkansas state. I just received my LCA in Dec 2005 after five years long wait.

Now, my company told me they can't file I-140/485 concurrently for me this month -Jan 2006 due to the visa bullentin website stated the cutoff date is APR 2001 for EB3, while my PD is JUN 2001. Is this ture?

In this case, when do you think I can start filing I-485? I afraid when the visa bullentin showing JUN 2001 that time, it will be too late to send in the application.

Anyone out there file I-485/140 concurrently this month for EB3? please could you provide me with detail information, I need that to go back to my personnel in charge.

Much appreciate!

EB3 is kinda doomed. Gurus are predicting it will never go beyond april 2001 for next few years.

See this thread http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1328222#post1328222

So the best option for you is to file 140 and wait to file 485.

Alternatively file Perm EB2 lca, get approved and then file 140/485 concurrently. You can use the priority date of your older lca viz june 2001 in the new lca too.

praise72034 said:
Hey there
I am working in Arkansas state. I just received my LCA in Dec 2005 after five years long wait.

Now, my company told me they can't file I-140/485 concurrently for me this month -Jan 2006 due to the visa bullentin website stated the cutoff date is APR 2001 for EB3, while my PD is JUN 2001. Is this ture?

In this case, when do you think I can start filing I-485? I afraid when the visa bullentin showing JUN 2001 that time, it will be too late to send in the application.

Anyone out there file I-485/140 concurrently this month for EB3? please could you provide me with detail information, I need that to go back to my personnel in charge.

Much appreciate!

WhyThisDelay said:
I think your options are:
1) Call 800 no. and ask them to at least tell you what the date for your FP is (not sure if this is possible - given the quality of CS people they have).
2) Try walking into ASC and explaining them this. Mostly they also not allow you to get FP
3) Try walking into an ASC for walkin fingerprinting in some rural area (1-3 hr drive maybe) along with original copy of 485 notice. This is essentially same as (2) with the only difference that the rural area ASC which are less busy are more likely to allow walkin fingerprinting.

BTW there is no lud/email on FP notice. I got my FP notice today, but didnt get any lud/emails.

Good luck.

Thanks man for the info. The 1800 number- they do not know if a fingerprint notice was sent or not- so they wil not be able to give me a date . What is an ASC ? And where can I find their address and phone numbers etc ?
Thanks
chicchu

Last edited by a moderator:
Asc!!

chicchu said:
Thanks man for the info. The 1800 number- they do not know if a fingerprint notice was sent or not- so they wil not be able to give me a date . What is an ASC ? And where can I find their address and phone numbers etc ?
Thanks
chicchu

ASC is Application Support Center. Call 1 (800) 375-5283 to schedule an appointment or trying to walkin to ASC.
You can find nearest ASC at uscis website. Click on "Services Field Office Addresses and Information" on the left of the Blue panel.
Then click on the "Application Support Centers" in the middle on the yellow US map.
Chose the nearest one there..
a_vind

I-140 Approved!

Friends,
I just got an email from my paralegal saying that she has receved the papers that my 140 has been approved on 24th Dec.
Now waiting for 485 to get done soon....good luck.
a_vind

a_vind said:
Friends,
I just got an email from my paralegal saying that she has receved the papers that my 140 has been approved on 24th Dec.
Now waiting for 485 to get done soon....good luck.
a_vind
That's cool. Congrats. Did anyone apply a I140 using a labor copy ? Ours is a copy, heard it might take a while because of that
chicchu

my 140 approved

Hi friends,
I just checked my case status online. My I-140 is approved on 01/04/2006.

I will post for any updates.
Thanks

I guess your case filed with VSC.
Its amazing that VSC is now picking up the cases filed (Receipt Dates) in OCTOBER. CSC is still at July, Mid August time frame.

Thanks for info, anyway.

VJ2004 said:
Hi friends,
I just checked my case status online. My I-140 is approved on 01/04/2006.

I will post for any updates.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
485 Approval time

Hi Gurus,

Could some one pls give me some idea when my 485 would approximately gets approved considering my 485 file date 09/27/2005, the priority date in 2000 under EB2.

Thanks a lot in advance.

A_vind
----------------------------------------------------------
PD : 2000 - EB2(VSC)
I140/I485/I756/I131 -: ND:09/27/2005, RD:10/24/2005
FP : Based on 485 receipt 11/08/2005, Based on the FP notice:12/06/2005
I765 -: AD:11/16/2005
I131 -: AD:12/14/2005
I140 -: LUD:??, AD:12/24/2005
I485 -: LUD:??,AD:??

a_vind said:
Hi Gurus,

Could some one pls give me some idea when my 485 would approximately gets approved considering my 485 file date 09/27/2005, the priority date in 2000 under EB2.

Thanks a lot in advance.

A_vind
----------------------------------------------------------
PD : 2000 - EB2(VSC)
I140/I485/I756/I131 -: ND:09/27/2005, RD:10/24/2005
FP : Based on 485 receipt 11/08/2005, Based on the FP notice:12/06/2005
I765 -: AD:11/16/2005
I131 -: AD:12/14/2005
I140 -: LUD:??, AD:12/24/2005
I485 -: LUD:??,AD:??

Isn't it going to be any day from now,I mean very soon because your PD is current.

Weird LUD on my 485

Hi guys,

I am hoping somebody can shed some light into my 485 situation.
Everyday the online case status of my 485 gets updated with the following message

On "xx date" the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made.

The xx date is the the previous day's date everytime. Not sure if this is just a computer glitch.... anyone else have this problem