Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

Current PD?

chicchu said:
Isn't it going to be any day from now,I mean very soon because your PD is current.

Thanks Chicchu. Where do I actually find to know if my PD is current? Sorry kind of very basic question but getting knowing things now. :).

If I look at the CIS Processing Dates, I could only see the processing as per the receipt notice date.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
a_vind said:
Thanks Chicchu. Where do I actually find to know if my PD is current? Sorry kind of very basic question but getting knowing things now. :).

If I look at the CIS Processing Dates, I could only see the processing as per the receipt notice date.

Thanks
Click on the current visa bulletin on the following link
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

I think this matters more than the receipt notice date.There
are always cases approved lot before the receipt notice date
published on the Processing times

EAD/AP Approved

140/485/765/131 applied on 09/30/2005, ND: 10/18/2005
EAD approved: 01/05/2006
AP approved: 01/09/2006

485 and 140

Hi, I just got PERM LC approved, I thought the next step will be I-140 and I-485, and can file together, but my lawyer told me that have to go by I-140 first, when approved, then go for I-485, anyone knows about this practise, please help, what actually can be done, thanks in advance!

If you are from non-retrogressed country & EB-2 then ask your attorney to file 140 & 485 together. Don't miss the chance. If he does not listen change the attorney. Currently non retrogressed countries will soon have cut off dates so don't miss the train.

PERMer said:
Hi, I just got PERM LC approved, I thought the next step will be I-140 and I-485, and can file together, but my lawyer told me that have to go by I-140 first, when approved, then go for I-485, anyone knows about this practise, please help, what actually can be done, thanks in advance!

I-140 RFE Please respond.......

Hi All,

I received an RFE on my I-140 petition. Here it goes...

Evidence relating to qualifying experience or training should be in the form of letter(s) from current or former employer(s) or trainer(s), and should include the name, address and title of the writer. A specific description of the duties performed by the alien or of the training received as well as the beginning and ending dates of employment should be provided in the letters submitted. Experience/training received through prior employment should be documented by the prior employer. If such evidence is unavailable, other documentation relating to the alien’s experience will be considered.

The letters you submitted do not show the ending dates of your employment.

The experience letters that I submitted had all the information about the employer(name, title,sarting date,duties,tel,fax etc.,) except the job END DATE. It would be highly difficult for me go back to those companies and get the new experience letters. I don'e even know if those companies exist.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me how to resolve this problem.

Thanks
ind

Filed in EB3 instead of EB2, attorney mistake

My LC is approved for Eb2. & My attorney overlooked and did check Column 2.e(EB3) on 140 instead of 2.d(EB2). So 140 has been recipted for Eb3. But all the document support says its filed for Eb2. Is there any way to get this corrected? Any help in this regard is well appriciated.
Thanks

babuhere said:
My LC is approved for Eb2. & My attorney overlooked and did check Column 2.e(EB3) on 140 instead of 2.d(EB2). So 140 has been recipted for Eb3. But all the document support says its filed for Eb2. Is there any way to get this corrected? Any help in this regard is well appriciated.
Thanks
How did u know this happened ? I think your attorney can call the 1800 number and have it fixed by the phone call. You would not be able to do anything because 140 is tied up to the company
chicchu

The employment dates stated in my LC approval form (ETA form A and B) are slighly different from what was stated in my experience letters.

Does any one know if this will cause any issues during I-140 processing?

Thanks
ind

I-485

Hi:

I need info from you who know about this, I am EB3, and in the process of filing I-140. I wondering can I file I-485, EAD, and AP together once I-140 approve? Or I have to wait for the number? Thanks in advance!

You have to wait for number which is why retrogression is such a big issue. You cannot file for EAD, AP or AOS (485) until there is a visa number available which right now could take a while for EB3

Chicchu
I came to know when my 485 papers came back from CRU saying for Eb3 the dates were not current. I checked my copy of 140 application we sent and it was true that 2.e was checked instead of 2.d in 140. I am just hoping that atleast if 140 is fixed that would be great for now. No hopes on 485 & EAD etc. Yeh, my employer and attorney are trying to fix it . Lets see whats gonna happen.
Thanks
Bbauhere

chicchu said:
How did u know this happened ? I think your attorney can call the 1800 number and have it fixed by the phone call. You would not be able to do anything because 140 is tied up to the company
chicchu

IS there anyone whose Perm I 140 denied by error

Please let me know if there is anyone whose I 140 is denied by error
as mentioned in Murthy's forum.
This will help me to get an idea of what exact dates they are processing.
Here are my case details.

Category: EB2 (PERM case PD: 07/05)
I 140 RD: 08/23/05 (Concurrent filing)
Waiting for I 140 approval

PLEASE RESPOND IF ANYONE GOT I 140 approval close to above time periods.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Murthy's bulletin
1. VSC Rejects Some I-140s in Error

The contractors serving the Vermont Service Center (VSC) erroneously rejected about one hundred I-140 Petitions for Immigrant Workers. These I-140 petitions were mistakenly rejected because they were accompanied by PERM labor certification approvals that were on blue paper. The contractors did not recognize the blue paper, so they improperly rejected the cases. The change to blue paper was reported in our November 11, 2005 article, PERM Approvals Get New Look, available on MurthyDotCom.

VSC has issued instructions for resubmission of these cases. They should be resubmitted with a brightly colored coversheet (no specific color) marked with "Attention: CRU Supervisor" and "Case Improperly Rejected" in large letters and sent to a separate P.O. box for this purpose. There must also be a letter explaining why the case was erroneously rejected. This procedure is only for cases that have already been rejected. Hopefully, this hitch will not create significant delays or problems in these cases. There are always situations, however, for which a few days or weeks make a big difference in some aspect of a case.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

VSC status update

Hi ,
EB2, VSC, NIW
Concurrent filing
I-140 RD: 09/26/2005 ND:10/3/2005 Approved Date: 01/11/2006
I-765 ND: 10/3/2005 Approved D: 10/18/2006
I-485 PD: 09/26/2005 ND:10/3/2005
I-485 LUD on 10/8/2005, 10/13/2005, 10/18/2005, 11/4/2005
Finger prints done on 10/12/2005

babuhere said:
Chicchu
I came to know when my 485 papers came back from CRU saying for Eb3 the dates were not current. I checked my copy of 140 application we sent and it was true that 2.e was checked instead of 2.d in 140. I am just hoping that atleast if 140 is fixed that would be great for now. No hopes on 485 & EAD etc. Yeh, my employer and attorney are trying to fix it . Lets see whats gonna happen.
Thanks
Bbauhere

That is so sad that the attorney screwed up bigtime. I would be really mad at him if I were you. Because you would have gotten your EADs and APs by now if he did it right. I am surprised that your attorney did not even realise this even the first time when they came back. If you have an option of choosing a different lawyer atleast from now on, I can refer you somebody who is very reliable and is not expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:
what is ur EB2 PD?

good_y said:
Hi ,
EB2, VSC, NIW
Concurrent filing
I-140 RD: 09/26/2005 ND:10/3/2005 Approved Date: 01/11/2006
I-765 ND: 10/3/2005 Approved D: 10/18/2006
I-485 PD: 09/26/2005 ND:10/3/2005
I-485 LUD on 10/8/2005, 10/13/2005, 10/18/2005, 11/4/2005
Finger prints done on 10/12/2005

What is your labor Priority Date?

I have been thinking of that. Yes please can you send me PM with the details.
Thanks

chicchu said:
That is so sad that the attorney screwed up bigtime. I would be really mad at him if I were you. Because you would have gotten your EADs and APs by now if he did it right. I am surprised that your attorney did not even realise this even the first time when they came back. If you have an option of choosing a different lawyer atleast from now on, I can refer you somebody who is very reliable and is not expensive.