Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

When is the FP date?

Hi,

Would you mind sharing your FP date?
I haven't received seperate bio notice yet. I have self scheduled FP on Oct. 27th. My RD is also 09/26/2005.

Thanks

niwnow said:
Received biometrics notice today. I was on the phone with USCIS rep: I was informed that all of us should receive an biometrics appointment letter. This is irrespective of making an appointment by calling USCIS based on instructions in the I-485 notice.

I applied NIW, VSC, all works, RD 9-26-2005, ND 10-6-2005. EAD approved 10-19-2005, hoping for AP and I-140 approval soon.

Can any of you please tell me how I can find out what the priority date is for my category (EB2 NIW)?

What a pain...

USCIS is making us suffer right from sending the receipt notices itself. I'm sick of this unending wait of whole GC process... :(

Yea

Yes ..I'm sick too of all this. Have been in so much stress because I haven't got my receipt notices.

What about that bill that was passed yesterday from Feinstein? Are those rumours or true? That could be good news for some people.

Floyd

What does the bill say ? Do you have any info. Please post it.

floyd777 said:
Yes ..I'm sick too of all this. Have been in so much stress because I haven't got my receipt notices.

What about that bill that was passed yesterday from Feinstein? Are those rumours or true? That could be good news for some people.

Floyd

AILA Confirms Following Details of Senate Judiciary Approvals Yesterday

According to the AILA, AILA has passed the following immigration proposals yesterday:
Impose a new $500 fee on immigrant visa petitions for the EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 categories.
Recapture unused employment-based visas from prior years for immediate allocation of up to 90,000/year. (Estimates indicate there are only 90,000-100,000 unused numbers to be tapped.)
Exempt spouses and minor children from counting against the annual cap on employment-based immigrant visas. (Estimates are that this would lead to an annual increase of 80,000-90,000 employment-based immigrant visas.)
Allow individuals to apply for adjustment of status before an immigrant visa is deemed currently available. (Of course, approval could not occur until the visa number is available.)
Recapture approximately 300,000 unused H-1B numbers dating back to FY 1991. As a result of Senator Feinstein's amendment, 30,000 rather than 60,000 would be available annually. (In other words, effectively raising the cap from 65,000 to 95,000 for at least 10 years.)
Impose a new fee on the recaptured H-1B visas so that the fees on the original 65,000 H-1B allotment remain unchanged but the additional 30,000 available annually carry an additional $500 fee.
Impose a new $750 fee on L-1 visas. (This was part of Senator Feinstein's amendment and was necessary to offset the reduction in revenue resulting from the limitation on recaptured H-1B numbers from 60,000 to 30,000.)
We agree with the AILA that these are not final bills and we have a long way to go to make these proposals into a reality. Businesses, academic institutions, and other stakeholders should keep working with their Congressional representatives to support the Senate Judiciary bill.

Source: immigration-law.com

babuhere said:
What does the bill say ? Do you have any info. Please post it.

Receipts received from VSC

Guys:
Received receipts for the concurrent filing done. I received them on 19th for 140,485,131 and 765 forms.

Sent to VSC : September 28th
Received by VSC : September 29th

Thanks

This is quiet interesting. May be you can cross check with the recipt numbers that are there on your check. Did you happen to writre your own checks?

GCNotGreen said:
Hi,
My 140/485 were sent on Sept29th FedEx, haven't received any receipt notices . But today i received biometrics notice in the mail. Does it mean that my applications reached on time before the deadline. Also i checked my status with the WAC # and it says that they received my 485 on Oct 11th?
Is this date Notice date or Receipt Date?
Alos one more thing my employer is in Maryland and they applied to Vermont Service center, but i received a WAC number which is typical for a West coast company. Is this some kind of a mistake ? My home address is California. Could that be the reason?

floyd777 said:

Floyd
floyd777 and DSLStart,
Comeon guys cheeerup, we will be fine. Our apps haven't come back, so let us stay patient and wait with hope. I definitely agree, this is so much crap, but I was so sick of this crap in the past itself that I reached a point where it is not bothering me much. We will definitely get the receipts before the end of this month. Just take it easy and have a good weekend
chicchu

Yes, I agree with chicchu. Dont worry floyd777 and DSLStart.

About the new proposal,
This line looks good to me.
Exempt spouses and minor children from counting against the annual cap on employment-based immigrant visas.

Thanks
Vj
chicchu said:
floyd777 and DSLStart,
Comeon guys cheeerup, we will be fine. Our apps haven't come back, so let us stay patient and wait with hope. I definitely agree, this is so much crap, but I was so sick of this crap in the past itself that I reached a point where it is not bothering me much. We will definitely get the receipts before the end of this month. Just take it easy and have a good weekend
chicchu

AP Approved Today

NIW VSC
RD 9-26-2005, ND: 10-6-2005
EAD approved 10-19-2005
AP approved 10-21-2005
I-140 waiting

Congrats naanshi, good luck in your next stages.

thanks
Vj
naanshi said:
My I-140 petition has been approved FINALLY today. It is been a looong wait for me to post this message in this board. I filed I-140 in July 2001 (Yes, Four years back) and was denied in Dec 2002 due to Company Financial ability. Then I filed I-140 again from different employer in different service center using substitute labor in Sept 2003 and it got denied in November 2004 due to company financial ability. (it is currently in appeal process)

Now I filed labor in August 2005 using PERM, got approved in September and filed I-140/I-485 on September 28,2005. Within one month I-140 got approved.

EB2 (Masters + 5 years)
Labor Filed in Atlanta: August 30, 2005
Labor approved : September 21, 2005

Texas Service Center
I-140 /I-485 RD : September 27, 2005
I-140/I-485/I-765/I-131 ND: September 28, 2005
I-765 AD : Oct 13, 2005
I-140 AD : Oct 21,2005 (Exactly one month after Labor approval)
FP Notice Received : Oct 21, 2005

The funny thing is that all these years, I have been with same client and initially the client had policy not to sponsor anybody. After seeing my second I-140 denial, they changed their policy and filed my H1B and Greencard.

Naanshi

Checks cashed

This morning my bank account shows that the checks I had issued for my 485 and 140 applications.have been encashed.

My application had reached VSC on 09/30/2005.

Waiting to receive the receipts.

manair_b said:
This morning my bank account shows that the checks I had issued for my 485 and 140 applications.have been encashed.

My application had reached VSC on 09/30/2005.

Waiting to receive the receipts.
Congrats manair_b

Good news for you. Hopefully my checks will be cleared soon too. My application was received by VSC on 09/30/2005 at 11.30 A.M.
I am waiting for checks clearance and receipts as well.

congrats Nanshi! Thats a long journey...but since its successful...we're happy :)
On a personal note, the RFE on my 140 is worrying me. I shall get to know by Monday or Tuesday evening, what its all about. The last few days waiting for my lawyer to get it in mail and letting me know...has me worried. Since my 6yr finishes in Dec, quite worried...

Receipts received

Applied 9/30 (VSC)
Checks cashed 10/20
Receipts received 10/22

Strangely, I have received all receipts including my wife's except for my 485 application.

This msg is for sugatahema

Sugatahema,
I see that you filed 485 as a self petition.
I have done the same thing.
While I have received the receipts for 485/765/131 for my wife, I have received receipts only for 765/131 for my application and not for 485. Did the same happen to you too?

Thanks.

sugatahema said:
Same thing-I-485 notice asked us to schdule appt. for FP-did that. Then recieved notice for FP in mail. Kept original appt. ( made over phone) since it was earlier - no questions asked at the immigration center-got FP done a week ahead of the FP date in the biometrics notice.

I-485 self petition
RD 09/27/2005
FP notice date 09/29/2005
FP done 10/5/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
suggestions please

Self applied Concurrent I-140(NIW), I 485 mailed on 09/29/2005
Delivered to NSC on 09/30/2005
I-140, 485, RD 09/30/2005
I-140, 485, ND 10/18/2005

I applied for me, my wife, and my kid on the same time. Me (I-140/I-485)and my wife (I-485)got the recipt notice and not for my kid. is there something wrong? any suggestions?

Also for the biometrics appointment, do I need to call or they will send the appointment?

Further my I-140 is NIW. For a back-up if I apply EB1-EA this week and if my I-140 NIW (that I applied before 09/30)is denied in future for some reason and EB1-EA is approved, in that case do you think I can use my previuosly submitted I-485? How this will work? your valuble suggetions please

sagn said:
Self applied Concurrent I-140(NIW), I 485 mailed on 09/29/2005
Delivered to NSC on 09/30/2005
I-140, 485, RD 09/30/2005
I-140, 485, ND 10/18/2005

I applied for me, my wife, and my kid on the same time. Me (I-140/I-485)and my wife (I-485)got the recipt notice and not for my kid. is there something wrong? any suggestions?

Also for the biometrics appointment, do I need to call or they will send the appointment?

Further my I-140 is NIW. For a back-up if I apply EB1-EA this week and if my I-140 NIW (that I applied before 09/30)is denied in future for some reason and EB1-EA is approved, in that case do you think I can use my previuosly submitted I-485? How this will work? your valuble suggetions please
Sagn,
I am in a similar situation. My wife has received all her receipts while I have not received the notice for my 485.
Did your 485 notice go to your company along with the notice for 140?

Thanks in advance.