Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

Congrats greatgc,jagan and snagarajan for your approvals. Good luck for your next steps.
DCMETRO, Sorry to hear that you got RFE on your 140. Did you know that reason?

Thanks
Vj
greatgc said:
Folks,

Just now my AP is approved.

________
Labor Details:
PERM EB-2 Filed on 07/01/05
PERM Approved on 09/16/05
PERM Hard Copy Received on 09/19/05

I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Details:
I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 9/26/05 - VSC, EB-2; RD: 9/26/05

I-140 LUD:10/06/05
I-140 AD:

I-485 LUD:10/06/05
I-485 AD:

AP LUD: 10/06/05
AP AD: 10/19/05

EAD LUD: 10/06/05
EAD AD:10/14/05
EAD Received: 10/18/05
Bio Notice RD:10/07/05, FP Scheduled in last week of Oct. 2005.
PP Stamp:
Plastic Card RD:

snagarajan said:
Hi All,
I see on line status message for my spouse and my EAD approvals also got emails. :). Waiting for AP now. 485??????????
Hi,
So, was your I140 submitted to texas service center and 485papers to texas service center. I wonder why our lawyer submitted both of ours to VSC because though our employer is in fairfax, Virginia, we live in Fl- which should make us elligible for filing 485 in TSC.
chicchu

chicchu said:
Hi,
So, was your I140 submitted to texas service center and 485papers to texas service center. I wonder why our lawyer submitted both of ours to VSC because though our employer is in fairfax, Virginia, we live in Fl- which should make us elligible for filing 485 in TSC.
chicchu
Guys,
It makes me worried if the attorney did the right thing by filing our papers to VSC when we live in Fl. Will this cause probs and on what basis do they normally decide on a particularf service center
chicchu

I140/485 Nd Vsc

I140/485/765/131 Fedex on 09/27/05 and VSC received 09/28/05
Labor EB2 (Substitute ) pririty 03/2004
As of 10/19/05, checks not yet cleared & no info.
anybody got receipt notices from VSC
PLEASE POST YOUR INFO

I think when you are filing concurrently,you should file 140 & 485 to the Service center where your employer is located irrespective of where you live.
So filing in VSC when living in FL does not really matter if your emplyoer is located in VSC vecinity.

chicchu said:
Guys,
It makes me worried if the attorney did the right thing by filing our papers to VSC when we live in Fl. Will this cause probs and on what basis do they normally decide on a particularf service center
chicchu

My employer is from Atlanta,GA

First Thanks to VJ2004.
chicchu said:
Hi,
chicchu

Hi,
My employer is from Atlanta,GA.My H1B was processed through TSC.My I140 was approved from the same center (TSC). Since I live in NJ, My attorney filed my I485 Petition to VSC since My I140 was approved before filing I485.I came to know this from my receipt.(VSC Filing :() .I was under impression that it would be filed from TSC.Attorney said that if it was concurrent(I140 and I485) it should have gone to TSC as the employer comes under that Service center.Since it is not concurrent(I485 only) ,VSC should be fine.
I heard from Guys , VSC is better than TSC as far as the handling the case goes. :).
In your case, Since your employer falls at VSC, he did file at VSC.

"babuhere" is correct..

Hope this clarify.
-S

Last edited by a moderator:
babuhere said:
I think when you are filing concurrently,you should file 140 & 485 to the Service center where your employer is located irrespective of where you live.
So filing in VSC when living in FL does not really matter if your emplyoer is located in VSC vecinity.
Babuhere and snagarajan,
Thanks for your replies. As our filing was concurrent , attorney filed both 140 and 485 to VSC. I don't know if VSC is better than TSC, but lately TSC has been processing many apps faster than other service centers. That is not going to make much of a difference for me because my whole bottleneck is going to be 140 - as we filed substitution using a copy of an old labor for which an 140 was applied and withdrawn.
I spoke to unitednations this afternoon , he said there is a bug in the Online status check thing which shows ND as RD but he said not worry as long as we receive a receipt which has a proper RD. Still waiting on the receipts from VSC for everything, don't know if we will get this week or not
chicchu

I-140/485/EAD/AP tracker??

I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 9/26/2005 ND: 10/6/2005

EAD approved 10/19/2005

Waiting on the rest. Will update, please do the same.

Job Titile

WAITING FOR RRECIPT :

Future Employment based EB2 - DBA
PERM approved on 09/29, applied I-140/485 on 09/29 reached on 09/30.

I am waiting for Receipt. In the mean time, i got the offer letter as Senior Consultant on same future employment company. Can I accept the offer letter with "Senior Consultant" instead of DBA. Salary match with PWD and above.

Please update me.

niwnow and zoomdoom please post your service center too.

ZOOMDOOM said:
WAITING FOR RRECIPT :

Future Employment based EB2 - DBA
PERM approved on 09/29, applied I-140/485 on 09/29 reached on 09/30.

I am waiting for Receipt. In the mean time, i got the offer letter as Senior Consultant on same future employment company. Can I accept the offer letter with "Senior Consultant" instead of DBA. Salary match with PWD and above.

Please update me.

Floyd777

Just to update everyone.

PERM approved on 09//28, sent application on 09/29, reached on 09/30.

Sent to VSC.

Have not received receipts.

Did not send original PERM labor certificate since it was not sent then.

Will be sending the signed copy now.

Floyd

Sept2005 submission: receipt number question

nancy_drew said:
Hi ,
I have also applied on sept 29th, think my lawyer fedexed it. TSC, shud ahve got it on 30th I guess. Do u think im fine. How do i find out the receipt number?

EB1. So wat is the procedure from here. I have also applied for EAD/AP along with concurrent filing. Please guide.

Thanks

My case is similar.
VSC/EB1/Multinational Manager
I-140/485/765/131: mailed on 9/25, received on 9/26
Receipt date: 9/26/2005
Notification date: 10/05/2005

Receipt numbers start with EAC06. This, as per uscis.gov (check out: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#D) means this falls within year 2006.

Is the situation the same for others? Any idea how this will be interpreted from the retrogression point of view?

Thanks

VSC_EB1_200509 said:
My case is similar.
VSC/EB1/Multinational Manager
I-140/485/765/131: mailed on 9/25, received on 9/26
Receipt date: 9/26/2005
Notification date: 10/05/2005

Receipt numbers start with EAC06. This, as per uscis.gov (check out: http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/scnational/index.htm#D) means this falls within year 2006.

Is the situation the same for others? Any idea how this will be interpreted from the retrogression point of view?

Thanks
VSC_EB1_200509,
It is nothing to worry . The EAC# is as per the Notification date. But as long as the receipt date in the receipt is before Oct1st you are fine. Firstofall, if there is an issue USCIS will return the application back without giving receipts etc.Even if the case status online shows ur notice date only, nothing to worry about that.You are totally fine as long as you have the RD right on the receipts you got
chicchu

I140/485 Nd Vsc

Today my checks got cleared and hopefully by next weekend we should get ND

Congrats Babu75 ! Even My papers reaced on 09/28 11AM. Still I dont see my checks cleared. Do you have any idea when the checks have been posted. I mean if you look at the check image it should be there onthe back of it. Hope i am not asking too much.

Congrats once again.

babu75 said:
Today my checks got cleared and hopefully by next weekend we should get ND

Hi ,
my cheks posted on 19th and how do i know the Receipt Numbers from the back of the check.
thanks

Received Biometrics notice

Hi,
My 140/485 were sent on Sept29th FedEx, haven't received any receipt notices . But today i received biometrics notice in the mail. Does it mean that my applications reached on time before the deadline. Also i checked my status with the WAC # and it says that they received my 485 on Oct 11th?
Is this date Notice date or Receipt Date?
Alos one more thing my employer is in Maryland and they applied to Vermont Service center, but i received a WAC number which is typical for a West coast company. Is this some kind of a mistake ? My home address is California. Could that be the reason?

Expect biometrics notice from VSC soon

Received biometrics notice today. I was on the phone with USCIS rep: I was informed that all of us should receive an biometrics appointment letter. This is irrespective of making an appointment by calling USCIS based on instructions in the I-485 notice.

I applied NIW, VSC, all works, RD 9-26-2005, ND 10-6-2005. EAD approved 10-19-2005, hoping for AP and I-140 approval soon.

Can any of you please tell me how I can find out what the priority date is for my category (EB2 NIW)?