Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

Can somebody tell me whether Biometrics letter is sent to your address or to the attorney? Also where do they send approval notices of EAD/AP? Thanks in advance.

Sept 30 filing

Hi guys,

I'm riding in the same boat as Floyd777, DSLstart and chicchu. Concurrently filed 140 (EB1 and EB2-NIW)/485/765/131 which Fedex tells me reached VSC 9/30/05 10:38 am. Got receipt for 140 EB1 application 10/4/05 but strangely enough that check ($190) has not been encashed yet. No news on 485, and no checks encashed either.

Was pretty worried about this until I reached this forum. I'm glad there are other ppl like me. Misery loves company! :p

Biometrics letter goes to your address as well as attorney's.

drhnp said:
Can somebody tell me whether Biometrics letter is sent to your address or to the attorney? Also where do they send approval notices of EAD/AP? Thanks in advance.

Strange

You are not in same boat with others. Infact you are the first person with the oct1 retro history to get receipt particualrly 09/30/2005 mail reaching date to any USCIS (based on the forum postings and to my knowledge).

1. If they sent you the receipt for I-140 and not for I-485, its probably not good news for all of us.
2. by the way, importantly, how did you mailed? EB1/I-485 or EB2/I-485? The receipt you got was concurrently filed or the lonely one?

best of luck

chatto said:
Hi guys,

I'm riding in the same boat as Floyd777, DSLstart and chicchu. Concurrently filed 140 (EB1 and EB2-NIW)/485/765/131 which Fedex tells me reached VSC 9/30/05 10:38 am. Got receipt for 140 EB1 application 10/4/05 but strangely enough that check ($190) has not been encashed yet. No news on 485, and no checks encashed either.

Was pretty worried about this until I reached this forum. I'm glad there are other ppl like me. Misery loves company! :p

VERMONT Service Center: Any Checks cashed ?

Guys:
Did anyone got their checks cashed last week? Mine was received by VSC on 29th afternoon and eagerly waiting for the checks to be cleared.
Any news of the guys sent during the same timeframe.

Please update.

THanks

485 receipts for Sept 30 filing

Hmm..that probably isn't very good news after all. The receipt I got was for the 140EB1EA, not for the 140EB2NIW to which my 485 was tagged.
Could it be that the USCIS is holding 485 applications "in abeyance" as some member suggested?
However since my received 140 had a PD of 9/30/05 and was part of the same fedex package as my 485, there's no reason that the USCIS should give a PD for the 485 that's not 9/30/05. Therefore I think the USCIS is simply swamped right now and all applications received on 9/30/05 will eventually get their receipts.

Good luck all!

sagn said:
You are not in same boat with others. Infact you are the first person with the oct1 retro history to get receipt particualrly 09/30/2005 mail reaching date to any USCIS (based on the forum postings and to my knowledge).

1. If they sent you the receipt for I-140 and not for I-485, its probably not good news for all of us.
2. by the way, importantly, how did you mailed? EB1/I-485 or EB2/I-485? The receipt you got was concurrently filed or the lonely one?

best of luck

I hope this will give some peace of mind for people who filed 485 in 29-30 september. Even though we (me and my husband) sent all our papers by sep 20th to our lawyer, she sent them to USCIS (TSC) only by 28th september. My husband's RD is Sep 29th and ND is Sep 30th. Even though my application was sent along with my husband's (He is the primary) my RD is sep 30th and my ND is also sep 30th.

Our lawyer received our receipt notices by Oct 10th . (Not sure when she received it, she let us know only by 10th that she got our receipts). Husband received his FP notice on Oct 11th (ND in his FP notice is Oct 5th :confused: )and I am still waiting for my FP notice.

I believe all others who filed 485 by 29-30 september would eventually receive their receipts. Probably the service centers are taking time to process the applications and send the receipts as there were so many applications sent during that period. Please check with your lawyer because receipts are sent only to lawyers and only FP notice, EAD, AP etc are sent to both the applicants as well as the lawyer.

Hello All,

My application reached USCIS on the 3rd (due to mistake on UPS's part). My company sent the application ot the 29th thru overnight shipment but due to UPS error it reached on the Monday morning at 10. The application was sent back saying no visa #s were available. Someone mentioned that since the deadline fell on a weekend the day after the deadline should be considered. How do I appeal this ruling? Please help.

ryerapotini said:
All,

I did not mean to worry you guys with the info I provided. The application did reach USCIS California on 9/28 11:40 AM. The RD on receipt notice was 9/29 and on the status site was 10/06. General wisdom is that the RD should be the same as the date they receive the app, but that is under normal load. My guess is they were too busy in the last week.

But then, going through the doucmentation on USCIS suggests that if a deadline falls on a weekend (which OCT 1st was), then they should be accomodating apps that come in the first working day after the holiday (which is monday, Oct 3rd). I hope that brings some consolation to folks who are worried about the last-day situation.

Lets wait and see what happens, no point in panicking yet. Good luck to all. I will post any update I get right away.

Thanks.

Deadline on weekend

I had to search quite a lot for this.. This pretty much stated it in clear terms. Check it out.. It says if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday, the next day after the holiday is a valid day for receiving the apps.

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_csclsn.html

Although, this is from Murthys site, it is a CSC liasion update, now I dont know if your case went to CSC or not though.. Other service centers could be different.. You should talk to your lawyer.
Thanks.

nutsy0830 said:
Hello All,

My application reached USCIS on the 3rd (due to mistake on UPS's part). My company sent the application ot the 29th thru overnight shipment but due to UPS error it reached on the Monday morning at 10. The application was sent back saying no visa #s were available. Someone mentioned that since the deadline fell on a weekend the day after the deadline should be considered. How do I appeal this ruling? Please help.
Nutsy0830,
Even though I am not giving you a solution here, just wanted to let you know you can sue UPS for not delivering a overnight shipment on time, if you really did a overnight and they did not deliver it on time. You missed an important deadline because of them, so you might want UPS to pay for the loss
chicchu

Did the deadline fall on a weekend?

I thought the deadline was Sep. 30th...or was it Oct. 1st?
I think Sep. 30th was a Friday?

Does anyone have any updates about the notice date vs. receipt date for those straddling the Sep. 30th deadline?

Thanks

Notice date is the date on which they issued your 140/485 receipt notice so that doesn't matter, but the receipt date has to be on or before Sept. 30.
Also for all of us whose applications got delivered to USCIS on Sept. 30th as none of us has received their applications returned back from USCIS saying the visa numbers were not available, means that they were accepted and I guess just because of large number of applications received on that day, we haven't yet received our receipt notices yet...

reks85 said:
I thought the deadline was Sep. 30th...or was it Oct. 1st?
I think Sep. 30th was a Friday?

Does anyone have any updates about the notice date vs. receipt date for those straddling the Sep. 30th deadline?

Thanks

deadline issues

If the retro starts on 10/01/2005, then logically end of friday ( 09/30/2005) was the deadline. If that saturday was 09/30/2005 (ofcourse it was not), then following monday is acceptable deadline.

Yes, DSLStart and Sag are corrrect.

Just wait next couple of days. Every one will recieve their receipts.

Thanks
Vj
DSLstart said:
Notice date is the date on which they issued your 140/485 receipt notice so that doesn't matter, but the receipt date has to be on or before Sept. 30.
Also for all of us whose applications got delivered to USCIS on Sept. 30th as none of us has received their applications returned back from USCIS saying the visa numbers were not available, means that they were accepted and I guess just because of large number of applications received on that day, we haven't yet received our receipt notices yet...

Don't worry.

;) Don't worry, guys. If your applications are delivered on 9/30, it should be fine. Mine is delivered on 9/29 and the receipt date is 9/29 at TSC. I also found an article from a Chinese forum. This guy's applicaion was received on 9/30 and he has gotten his receipt.

发信人: next (next), 信区: Immigration
标 题: for those whose case was received on 9/30
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Thu Oct 13 19:42:20 2005), 站内

still ok to catch in, just got the receipt from attorney
--

The following is another guy at VSC:

发信人: GEK (gek), 信区: Immigration
标 题: Re: Finger print说明什么问题吗
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Fri Oct 14 09:07:08 2005)

Thanks. I got a copy of the notice of action. It was for I-485. I filed I-140
and I-485 concurrently. I was wondering how soon it is to be approved. The application was received on Sep 30.

yubarry said:
;) Don't worry, guys. If your applications are delivered on 9/30, it should be fine. Mine is delivered on 9/29 and the receipt date is 9/29 at TSC. I also found an article from a Chinese forum. This guy's applicaion was received on 9/30 and he has gotten his receipt.

发信人: next (next), 信区: Immigration
标 题: for those whose case was received on 9/30
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Thu Oct 13 19:42:20 2005), 站内

still ok to catch in, just got the receipt from attorney
--

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks yubarry, that is really some good news :) That gives more hopes that our receipts should soon arrive too..

yubarry said:
The following is another guy at VSC:

发信人: GEK (gek), 信区: Immigration
标 题: Re: Finger print说明什么问题吗
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Fri Oct 14 09:07:08 2005)

Thanks. I got a copy of the notice of action. It was for I-485. I filed I-140
and I-485 concurrently. I was wondering how soon it is to be approved. The application was received on Sep 30.

Last day

My application was received on Sep 30th but after 5PM. No receipts/return documents yet. Any thoughts on whether the application would be accepted?

Hi saagar,
Which Service center ?.

There are couple of guys whose applications are received on 3rd and USCIS have already returned their applications a week back.
Think positively.
To process any application it will defly takes some time.
But to return/reject your application based on receive deadline, it will not take that much time. Think logically ....since it is already past more than 10 working days..
I guess your application just in time.

Dont worry.. just wait another couple of days or just call them up.

Thanks
Vj

saagar said:
My application was received on Sep 30th but after 5PM. No receipts/return documents yet. Any thoughts on whether the application would be accepted?