Updates:Did you file your 140&485 before Sept 30th 2005 retro deadline?

got all my 140/485 receipts from my attorney just now.

Received date: 9/29/05 Notice date: 9/30/05

I think my attorney got it on Monday or Tuesday, but she didn't tell me and just mailed it to me. She lets me worried for two more days! Faint, I trust her too much. :cool:

yubarry said:
Anybody goes to the Texas Service Center? :confused:

My 140/485 were received by TSC on 9/29/05. Checks were cashed on 10/4. I got all SRC# case numbers from the check images of my bank. I checked the case numbers online and it says that they were received on 9/30/05 and receipts were sent out. The LUD is 10/4.

However, up to now I haven't received any receipt. I heard that serveral people filed around 9/29 have gotten their receipts last week. I am a little anxious.

Should I be fine if I can see the SRC# on the checks? Some check images are not so clear and I am not 100% sure that the numbers are correct. Can I call USCIS to verify those numbers now, or I have to wait for one month?

It looks very few people here go to TSC.

Thanks.

No receipts yet VSC subst LC

Hi all,
I am getting nervous as I didnt receive my EAD/AP/485/140 receipts yet
Fedex on 9/26
checks by lawyer so cannot trace
Service center: VSC
LC: subst

Biometric sheduled for Nov. Second week

Hi,

I called up the 800 no. again today and was able to get the Biometric appointment for Second week of November. Two days back they had asked me to wait for seperate FP notice letter and after reading someone's message I called them again today. Without seperate FP notice, I am given the appointment and the confirmation no. so I will NOT be returned back from the ASC. I think folks should call again and try to get the appointment.

Thanks
PERM Hard Copy Received on 09/19/05

I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Details:
I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 9/26/05 - VSC, EB-2; RD: 9/26/05

FP Notice:This is interesting - the I-485 receipt itself mentions that the next step for me is to call the USCIS service center and set up for Biometrics - fingerpinting, photo and signature with the USCIS Application Service Center.

I-140 LUD:10/06/05
I-140 AD:

I-485 LUD:10/06/05
I-485 AD:

AP LUD: 10/06/05
AP AD:

EAD LUD: 10/06/05
EAD AD:
Bio Notice RD:10/07/05, FP Scheduled in Second week of Nov. 2005.
PP Stamp:
Plastic Card RD:

Sent on Sep 29th, Reached on Sep 30th, no news!!

Hi,

I am in the same situation. No notification at all. Checks have not cleared.

sagn said:
Hi all,

After reading different forums (to my knowledge) no one received any response from any USCIS for those mailed their petition on 09/29/2005 and reached USCIS on 09/30/2005.

Therfore all are (for that particular mailing date)in same situation. When I called NSC, They can not answer regarding this and asked me to check back around october 30th if I dont get any response.

My Case Details

All,

I just received the receipts from my lawyer. The USCIS received my fedex on 9/28. The receipts for 485/AP/EAD/140, all say RD 9/29 and ND 10/6. When I see the case status on egov...., I see that it says the case was received on 10/06. I am a bit confused but will just wait it out to see what happens..

Thanks.

Hi - Why one day difference between fedex and RD?

ryerapotini,

Why do you have a one day difference between when USCIS received your fedex and the RD??
Did the fed ex reach after 4.00 p.m. on 28th?

I am worried because my fed package reached at 1 p.m. on September 30th and if they do the same thing to me..I will be a in a bad situation since then it becomes the 1st??

Any replies will be very appreciated!!

Floyd

ryerapotini said:
All,

I just received the receipts from my lawyer. The USCIS received my fedex on 9/28. The receipts for 485/AP/EAD/140, all say RD 9/29 and ND 10/6. When I see the case status on egov...., I see that it says the case was received on 10/06. I am a bit confused but will just wait it out to see what happens..

Thanks.

ryerapotini said:
All,

Thanks.

Can you please let us know when your checks have been cleared and when exactly your lawyer received the recipts? Mine reached on 9/28 11:48. But No signs yet.
Thanks

sent the papers on 29th by overnight

ryerapotini- which service center did ur case go to ?
floyd777- I am in the same boat as yours , have no receipts , no info.
Papers sent to VSC. I will post my info if I hear anything from my attorney. So, as of now there is no one who received receipts who sent on sept29th
chicchu

RD vs ND

chicchu,

I spoke to my lawyer just now and she said that cases filed in the last week of september will have their receipts delayed by a few days (likely situation) because of a larger than usual volume of applicants.

She said that if the application is received before 4 p.m. september 30th 2005, the received date will be 30th September so I am not sure what happened with ryerapotni.

By the way, what is the difference between RD and ND?

Floyd

chicchu said:
ryerapotini- which service center did ur case go to ?
floyd777- I am in the same boat as yours , have no receipts , no info.
Papers sent to VSC. I will post my info if I hear anything from my attorney. So, as of now there is no one who received receipts who sent on sept29th
chicchu

floyd777 said:
chicchu,

I spoke to my lawyer just now and she said that cases filed in the last week of september will have their receipts delayed by a few days (likely situation) because of a larger than usual volume of applicants.

She said that if the application is received before 4 p.m. september 30th 2005, the received date will be 30th September so I am not sure what happened with ryerapotni.

By the way, what is the difference between RD and ND?

Floyd
RD is received date, where as ND is notice date. I am guessing, ND doesn't really matter. If I really analyse our situation- as long as our apps do not get returned and we get receipts for our 485s, I think we should be fine. Because- they will anyway later see if the PD is current or not for processing our 485. The goal is to get EADs and APs and wait for the 140 approval so that we can use AC21. What your lawyer said sounds good, let us wait and see what happens
chicchu

Last Day filing, my 2 cents

All,

I did not mean to worry you guys with the info I provided. The application did reach USCIS California on 9/28 11:40 AM. The RD on receipt notice was 9/29 and on the status site was 10/06. General wisdom is that the RD should be the same as the date they receive the app, but that is under normal load. My guess is they were too busy in the last week.

But then, going through the doucmentation on USCIS suggests that if a deadline falls on a weekend (which OCT 1st was), then they should be accomodating apps that come in the first working day after the holiday (which is monday, Oct 3rd). I hope that brings some consolation to folks who are worried about the last-day situation.

Lets wait and see what happens, no point in panicking yet. Good luck to all. I will post any update I get right away.

Thanks.

Receipt from USCIS

RIR -labor Certificate: recceived from DAllas :9/11/05
contact doctor to do phys Exam:9/12, scheduled on Friday(9/16/05), got the results on 09/20/05
filed 140 &485 :09/23/05:
received the receipts(both) from USCIS on 09/26/05

It seems no one whose application got submitted on Sept 30th 2005 have received their receipts yet. Mine was personally delivered at St.Albans VSC on Sept 30. I don't know what time though. I haven't received any receipts / FP notice yet. Just filing fees check written in Attorney's name got cashed.

DS

chicchu said:
RD is received date, where as ND is notice date. I am guessing, ND doesn't really matter. If I really analyse our situation- as long as our apps do not get returned and we get receipts for our 485s, I think we should be fine. Because- they will anyway later see if the PD is current or not for processing our 485. The goal is to get EADs and APs and wait for the 140 approval so that we can use AC21. What your lawyer said sounds good, let us wait and see what happens
chicchu

ryerapotini said:
All,

I did not mean to worry you guys with the info I provided. The application did reach USCIS California on 9/28 11:40 AM. The RD on receipt notice was 9/29 and on the status site was 10/06. General wisdom is that the RD should be the same as the date they receive the app, but that is under normal load. My guess is they were too busy in the last week.

But then, going through the doucmentation on USCIS suggests that if a deadline falls on a weekend (which OCT 1st was), then they should be accomodating apps that come in the first working day after the holiday (which is monday, Oct 3rd). I hope that brings some consolation to folks who are worried about the last-day situation.

Lets wait and see what happens, no point in panicking yet. Good luck to all. I will post any update I get right away.

Thanks.
This information gives some peace.thanks

ryerapotini is right. Even Murthy chat on some other topic says the same thing about deadline falling on a weekend or other federal holiday...

chicchu said:
This information gives some peace.thanks

Deadline falling on a weekend

Could you point me to any specific USCIS memo that talks about a deadline falling on the weekend.

Also, I think whether it's normal load or heavy load, the rule that if an application is received on a date (september 30th) should be stamped as that date for the receipt date.

Your comments do give a bit of peace for now.

I still haven't heard anything regarding my RD and ND or checks being cashed.

Floyd

DSLstart said:
ryerapotini is right. Even Murthy chat on some other topic says the same thing about deadline falling on a weekend or other federal holiday...

EAD approved today

Folks,

I have created a new thread explicitly for the Sep. 2005 concurrent filing status about receipts received date, filing date, approval dates etc. The thread name is " Tracker Concurrent Filing Sep. 2005 - Receipt notices, Approvals"

Pls take time to update the tracker there.
In the mean time today my EAD I-765 application is approved from the VSC just in 12 days of notification date. Waiting for the card and approval notice.

Also, today I resheduled my FP from Nov. Second week to Oct. last week.
_________
Labor Details:
PERM EB-2 Filed on 07/01/05
PERM Approved on 09/16/05
PERM Hard Copy Received on 09/19/05

I-140/485 Concurrent Filing Details:
I-140/485/EAD/AP RD: 9/26/05 - VSC, EB-2; RD: 9/26/05

I-140 LUD:10/06/05
I-140 AD:

I-485 LUD:10/06/05
I-485 AD:

AP LUD: 10/06/05
AP AD:

EAD LUD: 10/06/05
EAD AD:10/14/05
Bio Notice RD:10/07/05, FP Scheduled in last week of Oct. 2005.
PP Stamp:
Plastic Card RD:

I 140 approved

I am pleased to inform that my I 140 got approved today (in 25 days ...).

1485 / 1140 / EAD / AP: RD Sep 19 2005
AP: AD 10/2
EAD: AD 10/4
I 140: AD 10/14
I 485: Pending

Congratulations niras.

niras said:
I am pleased to inform that my I 140 got approved today (in 25 days ...).

1485 / 1140 / EAD / AP: RD Sep 19 2005
AP: AD 10/2
EAD: AD 10/4
I 140: AD 10/14
I 485: Pending

Guys: When you provide good news on your application, please do not fail to mention the service center. Its really important for us to know where it got approved. I would recommended adding that info in your signature.

Niras: Congrats! Which service center was your petition sent to? I am pretty sure that it wasn't NSC. NSC seems to be lagging behind others in its processing date. My petition was sent to them on 9/22 and no updates since then. Hoping I see some approvals before EOM October.

Last edited by a moderator: