Updated scan of I-485 cases available

Looking at the numbers on www.immigrationwatch.com - It looks that Vermont is processing less than thousand applications a month (that is optimistic) while the rate of new application is more than seven thousand per month. Will ever Vermont catch up with work load?

When I use the Staus prediction for my case it tells me that there is less than 25% chance getting approved by 10/2005 and 50% chances of getting approved by 2007. That is scary !!!

acube12 said:
Looking at the numbers on www.immigrationwatch.com - It looks that Vermont is processing less than thousand applications a month (that is optimistic) while the rate of new application is more than seven thousand per month. Will ever Vermont catch up with work load?

When I use the Staus prediction for my case it tells me that there is less than 25% chance getting approved by 10/2005 and 50% chances of getting approved by 2007. That is scary !!!

Which stats were you looking at? From what I understand, the recent approvals list isn't comprehensive -- it's obtained by sampling the database to get an idea of where the most activity is occuring.

In the historical stats I'm seeing 38000 cases processed (most of those transfers) for 2003 (out of 87459 cases received). I'm guessing that the vast majority of those approvals have come in the last 6 months (maybe even the last 3-4) which works out to about 6333 cases / month. That's just 2003 cases, they were also approving just as many 2001/2002 cases until a couple months ago (when we started seeing more 2003 approvals).

My understanding is that according to the latest stats from the VSC, they have done somewhat better than keep pace with incoming cases, reducing the backlog somewhat. A big part of the strategy for doing this appears to be to transfer up to 50% of all cases to local offices...

Also, note that the immigrationwatch stats are already somewhat out of date now and we're not sure how up to date they've ever been -- I'm not convinced yet that they scan every case in the system. I posted a question about how they update the stats and when they'll update them again -- nobody has responded yet...

ETA

Could Anyone Scan 8/2003 I-485

Is There Anyone With 8/2003 I-485 Rd Or 8/13/2003 .nobody Has Ever Scanned For Above Dates.could Some Body Please Scan For The Month Of 8/2003.

ETA-GC said:
Which stats were you looking at? From what I understand, the recent approvals list isn't comprehensive -- it's obtained by sampling the database to get an idea of where the most activity is occuring.

In the historical stats I'm seeing 38000 cases processed (most of those transfers) for 2003 (out of 87459 cases received). I'm guessing that the vast majority of those approvals have come in the last 6 months (maybe even the last 3-4) which works out to about 6333 cases / month. That's just 2003 cases, they were also approving just as many 2001/2002 cases until a couple months ago (when we started seeing more 2003 approvals).

My understanding is that according to the latest stats from the VSC, they have done somewhat better than keep pace with incoming cases, reducing the backlog somewhat. A big part of the strategy for doing this appears to be to transfer up to 50% of all cases to local offices...

Also, note that the immigrationwatch stats are already somewhat out of date now and we're not sure how up to date they've ever been -- I'm not convinced yet that they scan every case in the system. I posted a question about how they update the stats and when they'll update them again -- nobody has responded yet...

ETA
In recent approvals section in www.immigrationwatch.com it says
for Vermont - Approved - 344 between 10/25/04~11/13/04 i.e. less than thousand in a month by extrapolating it.

Aditya

In last 10 week VSC have been approving either 1 or 2 cases each week form my company ( no exception in any week ! ). Altogether around 20 cases. First 5 approvals were all 5 EB2 cases. There are around 32 applicants. As my PD is last among those applicants, I think of these things.
1. They are doing good with Jan 2003 - July 2003 cases
2. PD still plays significant role in approval ( indirectly )
3. They process EB2 be4 EB3 cases
4. ETA-GC is correct in saying that they have processed / trying to process 50% cases

Last edited by a moderator:
MD_Rockville said:
2. PD still plays significant role in approval ( indirectly )
What is the basis of your indirect PD role assumption?
My PD is 05/01 and I suspect that there are many people in this forum with a similar/earlier PD (affected by the Life act delays). My ND is 10/21/03 and FP is 10/27/04

acube12 said:
In recent approvals section in www.immigrationwatch.com it says
for Vermont - Approved - 344 between 10/25/04~11/13/04 i.e. less than thousand in a month by extrapolating it.

Aditya

As I said above, this is not a comprehensive list of all cases approved in that time frame. Look at the historical stats -- those are probably much more useful for getting an idea of the rate at which cases are being processed.

ETA

latest statistics for 08/25/03 cases

Note: I think we should just place scan results here instead of using the tracker forum then posting here that there are new scans... (IMO the tracker forum could probably go away and we could move the few remaining active sticky threads into the I-485 forum as stickies)

Last Scan: 12/01/04
This Scan: 12/03/04 (+2 days)
# Cases: 177 (removed some duplicate cases...)

There continues to be quite a bit of activity for this day. Since I last scanned just 2 days ago:

+6 approvals
+5 transfers

Interestingly, all the approvals came today (12/03/04) and all the transfers were yesterday (12/02/04)...

At this point 27.68% of the cases have been processed (22.03% approved, 5.65% transferred).

Note: I noticed that I had 12 cases in 2x and deleted those so there are only 177 cases in the spreadsheet now.

ETA

latest statistics for 10/23/03 cases

Last Scan: 12/01/04
This Scan: 12/03/04 (+2 days)
# Cases: 196

No changes...

ETA

Can somebody do a scan for 2002 cases. I have tried but seem to be having problems. Also firewall settings not making things easier. I will truly appreciate the help in this regard. If all of 2002 is a problem then please atleast try and post for July 2002.

Thanks in advance.

ND/RD July 2002 02248*
FP1 Sep 2002
FP2 Aug 2004
Name Check cleared in Jan 2003
3 EADs and 3 APs
AD ?????

July02GC said:
Can somebody do a scan for 2002 cases. I have tried but seem to be having problems. Also firewall settings not making things easier. I will truly appreciate the help in this regard. If all of 2002 is a problem then please atleast try and post for July 2002.

See post #4 in http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=153585 for info on how to get stats for *some* 2002 cases.

You could also check the historical stats at www.immigrationwatch.com but be warned that their stats aren't updated regularly or consistently (2002 might be ok though).

Finding all the cases for a single day is hard enough, let alone finding all the cases for an entire year :). It took me 3 weeks to find about half of the I-485 cases for a single day.

ETA

Can you please scan Sept2003?

Can you please scan Sept2003?

ND 9/28/03
FP RCVD - 11/04/04
LUD (no status changed) - 11/24/04 & 11/29/04
AD ???

ETA-GC said:
See post #4 in http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=153585 for info on how to get stats for *some* 2002 cases.

You could also check the historical stats at www.immigrationwatch.com but be warned that their stats aren't updated regularly or consistently (2002 might be ok though).

Finding all the cases for a single day is hard enough, let alone finding all the cases for an entire year :). It took me 3 weeks to find about half of the I-485 cases for a single day.

ETA

MD_Rockville said:
ETA-GC - while doing the scan have you observed Unknown status in Misc "status group" ? Any idea ?

Yeah, the I-485's for my kids both have this. In their case, it's the good old "we responded to your request..." message due to their address change. I'm not sure if there are other "Misc" messages (basically anything that the scan macro wasn't set up to look for specifically).

ETA

RDG01, I recently did a scan for several cases with ND Sep 28 (mine and yours), posted Dec 2 thread title "Some I-485 ND 9/28/03 VSC statistics" (I guess), scanned on Dec 1.

Posted info was:
------------------------------
Hello,
Yesterday (Dec 1) I did scan several I-485 submitted cases eac03264** all having ND of Sept 28, 2003, and here are the results:
Total – 33 cases
Approved – 1 (Nov 23, 2004)
FP received – 8 (Oct 21 to Nov 15)
RFE response received – 1 (Nov 23)
Transferred – 5 (2 to NY on 6/8, 2 to NJ on 6/22, 2 to Baltimore on 10/8)
The rest still says received (on Sept 28, 2003) – 18 cases
-----------------------
Later (on Dec 2) my case (my 2 cases actually +my family) was trasnferred, just after I posted my scan results...:-((( maybe if you do scan you may get transferred...
I was planning to scan same more times later, but since I got transferred, I probably will go to local office threads and leave you folks...
wish you all luck and fast approvals...

compass said:
RDG01, I recently did a scan for several cases with ND Sep 28 (mine and yours), posted Dec 2 thread title "Some I-485 ND 9/28/03 VSC statistics" (I guess), scanned on Dec 1.

Posted info was:
------------------------------
Hello,
Yesterday (Dec 1) I did scan several I-485 submitted cases eac03264** all having ND of Sept 28, 2003, and here are the results:
Total – 33 cases
Approved – 1 (Nov 23, 2004)
FP received – 8 (Oct 21 to Nov 15)
RFE response received – 1 (Nov 23)
Transferred – 5 (2 to NY on 6/8, 2 to NJ on 6/22, 2 to Baltimore on 10/8)
The rest still says received (on Sept 28, 2003) – 18 cases
-----------------------
Later (on Dec 2) my case (my 2 cases actually +my family) was trasnferred, just after I posted my scan results...:-((( maybe if you do scan you may get transferred...
I was planning to scan same more times later, but since I got transferred, I probably will go to local office threads and leave you folks...
wish you all luck and fast approvals...

Thanks and good luck to you.

latest statistics for 10/23/03 cases

Last Scan: 12/03/04
This Scan: 12/07/04 (+4 days)
# Cases: 196

I was a little surprised to see some activity for 10/23/03 cases (EAC040165XXXX) given that

a) I scanned my 08/25/03 cases earlier today and didn't see any activity for that day (which is almost 2 months earlier)

b) I just scanned the 10/23/03 cases 4 days ago (which includes a Sunday)

Since the last scan there were 5 approvals and 1 transfer. This is by far the most active that these cases have been so far. It looks like 4 of the approvals and the transfer were from today. I'm not sure if it means anything but all 5 of the approvals were in EAC0401650440 through EAC040165983 (i.e. low case numbers) -- almost like someone was working through cases in order...?

Of the 5 approvals, 2 of them had their status go from "Received" (the original message) with the original LUD (10/23/03) directly to approved.

At this point, 12.24% of the 196 cases have been processed (8.16% approved, 4.08% transferred).

ETA