Update from Lamar Smith’s office (member of immigration subcommittee)

tr22

Registered Users (C)
Got an update from TX-21 district, congressman Lamar Smith’s office (Shiela Brown from his Austin office called). Lamar is a member of the immigration subcommittee which is a group of politicians overlooking what the CIS does. She mentioned that after the start of sessions on Jan 20th Smith has been talking to his immigration subcommittee colleagues and other congressional folks about the “unacceptable” backlogs. He has also spoken to the TSC officials specifically and the CIS folks to reduce the backlogs.

Shiela from Lamar’s office was enquiring to see if TSC actually had started working on the backlogs. I mentioned to her that in the past few weeks TSC has started working on these cases aggressively and wished that it continues to do so.

Folks I think this deserves an email to Lamar, not only to say Thank you but also to say that there are so many of us who know what is going on and the government dealing with this backlog situation is very important for us.

Here is the link for Lamar Smith to send an email. It will just take two minutes of your time.
http://lamarsmith.house.gov/contact.asp

Here is a sample of what I sent

Dear Mr. Smith:

Thank you very much for your help in speaking with other elected officials and USCIS to address the severe backlog situation.
I have noticed the 485 approval rate of TSC increase considerably in the past two weeks. Through yours and others support we hope that this backlog will continue to decrease from the current level of 33 months to 6 months or less.

I am a member of immigrationportal.com which has several thousand immigrants (mostly legal immigrants) as members and I will inform them of your help.

Please post your name in this thread after you send the email.
Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple of emails

A couple of emails representing applicants is enough to inform the change and say appreciation. Too much emails will be annoying and decrease their working efficiency and jam emailbox.

My 2 cents.

Originally posted by tr22
Got an update from TX-21 district, congressman Lamar Smith’s office (Shiela Brown from his Austin office called). Lamar is a member of the immigration subcommittee which is a group of politicians overlooking what the CIS does. She mentioned that after the start of sessions on Jan 20th Smith has been talking to his immigration subcommittee colleagues and other congressional folks about the “unacceptable” backlogs. He has also spoken to the TSC officials specifically and the CIS folks to reduce the backlogs.
Shiela from Lamar’s office was enquiring to see if TSC actually had started working on the backlogs. I mentioned to her that in the past few weeks TSC has started working on these cases aggressively and wished that it continues to do so.
Hi, tr22.
Congratulations !!
You and your team seem to have succeeded to move TSC through Congressman Lamar Smith's office.
Also, a lot of approvals have been reported at the TSC forum.
It's really great !!
-kashmir (in California)

Thank you Kashmir. Hope and wishing for TSC to continue this approval trend.

8 folks from the TSC group are actively pursuing and constantly nagging the politicians to make something happen on the backlogs.

If anyone else is interested in volunteering for this effort please post at ayansp’s thread attached.

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?threadid=106330

Mylvka
I asked their office if their office would welcome if I requested the members to send hundreds of emails. Sheila told that they would welcome it because they like to get such feedback. So there is no limit to the number of emails we can send.

Done

Dear Mr. Smith:

Thank you very much for your help in speaking with other elected officials and USCIS to address the severe backlog situation.
We have noticed the 485 approval rate of TSC increase considerably in the past two weeks. Through your and other's support we hope that this backlog will continue to decrease from the current level of 33 months to 6 months or less and the same will happen for all other applications (e.g. I-140 has stopped since the focus on the I-485).

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations tr22 and all the other active members who are making this happen. This is wondeful news, and to actually get a conservative to move on this issue is terrific news! Kudos to all you people. You are definitely an inspiration to us.

Thank you e-mail

I just sent the following e-mail to Congressman Lamr Smith.

Dear Mr. Smith:

We deeply appreciate your help in speaking with other elected officials and USCIS to address the severe backlog situation for legal green card processing specially in Texas Service Center.

We have noticed the 485 approval rate of TSC increase considerably in the past two weeks. Through yours and others' support we hope that this backlog will continue to decrease from the current level of 33 months to 6 months or less.

I am a member of immigrationportal.com which has several thousand immigrants (mostly legal immigrants) as members and I will inform them of your help.

Thank you for your timely and benevolent intervention for this legal cause.

Finally I would like to thank your office personnel who have done an excellent job of bringing this issue up to you for your kind attention.

With Best Regards,

USCIS Director should resign

What hell did the USCIS do in the entire last year? It almost stopped processing I-485 cases last year. Especially in TSC, how many of I-485 cases they handled last year? Thanks for those kindly congressmen. It was only them who could speak for us who had no voting rights. When I had the voting right, I would vote against nominating current USCIS director again. He should be removed.

tr22, great effort from you guys. TSC center seems to be on fire the past few weeks and looks like your great efforts have paid off.