Update application for naturalization?

amado69

Registered Users (C)
I went to the citizenship interview and exam two weeks ago and after the interview the officer told me I passed and just wait for an oath letter in the mail.
Today I got a letter from the officer who interview me with an appointment to come back for an application for naturalization update.:confused:
Anyone had this case before or any feedback will be appreciated, thanks.

This is interesting; did he mention anything extra in the first interview and is there anything specific in the letter they are worried to update?

I went to the citizenship interview and exam two weeks ago and after the interview the officer told me I passed and just wait for an oath letter in the mail.
Today I got a letter from the officer who interview me with an appointment to come back for an application for naturalization update.:confused:
Anyone had this case before or any feedback will be appreciated, thanks.

Was there anything in your case or interview that would that came up that would require you to provide additional evidence ?

check the name... maybe it was my IL.... man they are not able to deal with this mess that they created themselves.

Thanks for info, there's no reasons on the letter. The letter says that
the reason for the appointment is to "Update your application for naturalization" and to bring "Alien Registration card, California Id & any Passports".
On my interview everything went smooth and when the officer asked me for my old passport I said it was lost and he made a note and kept on going and it lasted about 15 minutes including the exam questions and he said just wait for the oath letter.

the reason for the appointment is to "Update your application for naturalization" and to bring "Alien Registration card, California Id & any Passports".
On my interview everything went smooth and when the officer asked me for my old passport I said it was lost and he made a note and kept on going and it lasted about 15 minutes including the exam questions and he said just wait for the oath letter.

Sounds like they are looking for a valid passport ?

amado69, thats normal. Its possible that a place or two in the application was not covered or he forgot to had you sign your application completely. Did you change your name or was there any confusion b/w your name on GC, passport or the application? Usually they call you again when something during the interview was missed out or left incomplete.

thanks r00724 my green card has my mothers name and my new name is going to omit my mom's name but I don't know if this was the issue.

Amado69, did you have a lot of trips and they were not able to validate them during the interview?

In the last 5 years before the application I had 3 trips (2 three month trips and 1 one month trip). They couldn't validate any of my trips because my passport was brand new and my old passport I lost it. I guess they can always check dates. He didn't make this an issue.
When he asked me about my old passport I said I lost it and he asked me if I loose it at home or in the street. I said "at home" and he asked when was the last time I left overseas. I said july 2006 and came back on oct 2006 and stayed here eversince. He made a note and kept on going.

In the last 5 years before the application I had 3 trips (2 three month trips and 1 one month trip). They couldn't validate any of my trips because my passport was brand new and my old passport I lost it. I guess they can always check dates. He didn't make this an issue.
When he asked me about my old passport I said I lost it and he asked me if I loose it at home or in the street. I said "at home" and he asked when was the last time I left overseas. I said july 2006 and came back on oct 2006 and stayed here eversince. He made a note and kept on going.

Based on eveything that has been said here, it's almost certain that they are looking for your passport(s) that cover the 5 years immediately preceding your N-400 application, in order to evaluate the required minimum presence in the US.
Since your passport seems to be misplaced at home rather than lost for ever, have you been able to locate it so that you can carry it with you?

OY

seems like those new hires are not doing complete work! or they are getting some info and doing further check...