• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming Visa Bulletin March 2014

Today is too early - we shouldn't expect anything this early in the month - so Friday at the earliest - but more likely Monday/Tuesday.

Do you think that we can expect something by Friday!!! from the visa attribution process published last time, who indicate that keys dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th and 22th I understood that we can't have the numbers before the 8th of the month, please correct me if I am wrong.... (I hope that I am :) )

Do you think that we can expect something by Friday!!! from the visa attribution process published last time, who indicate that keys dates are the 1st, 8th, 15th and 22th I understood that we can't have the numbers before the 8th of the month, please correct me if I am wrong.... (I hope that I am :) )

You are exactly right Malcom. I myself have warned people before about the 8th because that is a deadline for the embassies to provide the data that KCC need to decide the VB. However, I'm not certain that the numbers aren't sometimes available before the deadline, so Friday is an outside possibility - Monday/Tuesday seem much more realistic to me.

Really painful days

Hello friends,these days are really painful and every seconds are passing in deep curiousity.Every future plans have been stopped and no conclusion can be made towards further way!Do you everyone have same feelings?
hope this month we can see at least three times bigger jump than previous months.

Hello friends,these days are really painful and every seconds are passing in deep curiousity.Every future plans have been stopped and no conclusion can be made towards further way!Do you everyone have same feelings?
hope this month we can see at least three times bigger jump than previous months.

Let's stop being dramatic! Patience is a virtue.

Honestly, while I can fully understand your feelings, you need to control your mind and not focus too much on things you cannot influence. I am not sure how your CN relates to your region's chances of getting invited for an interview, but I assume that someone already told about your chances. Is your CN considered 'borderline' (i.e. 50/50 chance) based on most people's assumptions?
If that is the case, I can understand you even better. However, if you are considered to have a solid chance, then I would STOP focusing on the actual process and outcome, rather than start doing RESEARCH on life after getting the green card!

What many (if not most!) people here on this forum are SUFFERING from is a common disease called the "DV outcome tunnel vision" (or in Latin: "Tunelio visione di resultati diversiti visaitis".

This means you are completely blind as you are only focused on getting the visa.

Have you EVER considered what it actually means to be moving and living in the USA?

There is so much to know about actually settling into life in the USA, and also there are not only good things about living there!

So my tip is to REFOCUS and use the time to PREPARE.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are exactly right Malcom. I myself have warned people before about the 8th because that is a deadline for the embassies to provide the data that KCC need to decide the VB. However, I'm not certain that the numbers aren't sometimes available before the deadline, so Friday is an outside possibility - Monday/Tuesday seem much more realistic to me.

Thank you for that vital explanation, that makes sense, so I assume that we never got the values prior the 8th in the past, if yes, so why everybody start calling them on the 7th and even before this date? do you think that it's only because nobody was aware about that deadline, if it's confirmed can we make it as a rule and ask people to call KCC only starting from the 8th of each month (at least from this forum :) ) , to avoid inconveniencing them, all this in order to maintain a fairly healthy relationship with them...

Concerning KFC no problem !!!!!, we can call them and even after the publication of the VB ...... l'll ask for chickens of course lololololololol :)

anyone here who can help me on finding 2013 Dv statistics from website travel.state.gov. i couldnot find that as due new upgrade in the website was that stats removed or something else..

I think the positive side of life in the US is much more tangible than the negative one :) Especially if the negative side seems like nothing compared to the problems from back home.

Honestly, while I can fully understand your feelings, you need to control your mind and not focus too much on things you cannot influence. I am not sure how your CN relates to your region's chances of getting invited for an interview, but I assume that someone already told about your chances. Is your CN considered 'borderline' (i.e. 50/50 chance) based on most people's assumptions?
If that is the case, I can understand you even better. However, if you are considered to have a solid chance, then I would STOP focusing on the actual process and outcome, rather than start doing RESEARCH on life after getting the green card!

What many (if not most!) people here on this forum are SUFFERING from is a common disease called the "DV outcome tunnel vision" (or in Latin: "Tunelio visione di resultati diversiti visaitis".

This means you are completely blind as you are only focused on getting the visa.

Have you EVER considered what it actually means to be moving and living in the USA?

There is so much to know about actually settling into life in the USA, and also there are not only good things about living there!

Good luck.

Thank you for that vital explanation, that makes sense, so I assume that we never got the values prior the 8th in the past, if yes, so why everybody start calling them on the 7th and even before this date? do you think that it's only because nobody was aware about that deadline, if it's confirmed can we make it as a rule and ask people to call KCC only starting from the 8th of each month (at least from this forum :) ) , to avoid inconveniencing them, all this in order to maintain a fairly healthy relationship with them...

Concerning KFC no problem !!!!!, we can call them and even after the publication of the VB ...... l'll ask for chickens of course lololololololol :)

The thing is Malcom is that we have to figure out all this info ourselves and the answers we come up with are not well understood by all or perhaps even incorrect anyway. Not everyone reads as well as you do. KCC by the way stay hard and fast on the line that the VB is released on the 15th. The fact is that they usually publish it a few days before that - and we are usually able to get the numbers a little (a day or two) before they publish.

Good luck.

Excellent use of the latin there.

You write well and have plenty of common sense - I enjoy your posts. If I could give you one gift, OTG, it would be a little more empathy and international understanding. You consistently make the point that we need to be careful about the upsides and downsides, but as I think others have explained - for people in less fortunate countries than you or I the decision is much easier than that. The nuances of taxation on worldwide income etc are completely lost on them because they are more concerned with more basic needs which are not well provided in their own country. For many, this is their chance, perhaps their ONLY chance, to get a better life - so they probably won't relate to you and I complaining about the chance we may have to pay for healthcare or fill in some annoying forms.

I think the positive side of life in the US is much more tangible than the negative one :) Especially if the negative side seems like nothing compared to the problems from back home.

That is what I was just trying to say to OTG - but you put it so much better than I did.

simon Sorry Iam off-the topic to this thread but I would like you to give some idea about the data that i collected through ceac.

As interview are over for january and cutoff were 3000 for that month, I have compared ceac data of last year and this year

, i found like 948 visa are issued for Nepal already till jan with 130 AP and 48 rejection and 76 ready

but if we compare this with last year i found 457 visa issue till 3000 case for Nepal and 69 refused 15 ready..

so i need ur help from this what conclusion should we draw..

is this blessing in disguise for Nepal???????? as very packed cases below 4325 may lead to higher dispersion in above case?? I am confused can you help me to draw conclusion on this.

..note last year 3317 visas and cases were mostly below 11k and this leads next 8k cases of asia last year lead around 3100 Nepalese... and this year density is seen till 15k....

simon Sorry Iam off-the topic to this thread but I would like you to give some idea about the data that i collected through ceac.

As interview are over for january and cutoff were 3000 for that month, I have compared ceac data of last year and this year

, i found like 948 visa are issued for Nepal already till jan with 130 AP and 48 rejection and 76 ready

but if we compare this with last year i found 457 visa issue till 3000 case for Nepal and 69 refused 15 ready..

so i need ur help from this what conclusion should we draw..

is this blessing in disguise for Nepal???????? as very packed cases below 4325 may lead to higher dispersion in above case?? I am confused can you help me to draw conclusion on this.

..note last year 3317 visas and cases were mostly below 11k and this leads next 8k cases of asia last year lead around 3100 Nepalese... and this year density is seen till 15k....

The problem with comparing to the CEAC data from last year is that we know the 2013 CEAC data is missing a large amount of data - particularly in the first 3 months of the year. If you check there are NO dates in any regions earlier than mid December so the only low case number cases that are in there are the ones that got updates later on (after mid December).

We also know that 2014 data is not complete, although it is much better than last year.

So, the only conclusion we can draw from the comparison you have worked on, is that it is better to not compare those sets of data. Sorry!

Excellent use of the latin there.

You write well and have plenty of common sense - I enjoy your posts. If I could give you one gift, OTG, it would be a little more empathy and international understanding. You consistently make the point that we need to be careful about the upsides and downsides, but as I think others have explained - for people in less fortunate countries than you or I the decision is much easier than that. The nuances of taxation on worldwide income etc are completely lost on them because they are more concerned with more basic needs which are not well provided in their own country. For many, this is their chance, perhaps their ONLY chance, to get a better life - so they probably won't relate to you and I complaining about the chance we may have to pay for healthcare or fill in some annoying forms.

I completely get that - and I agree that the motivation must be a completely different one, depending on the person's background.
Where did I make any specific references to taxation or anything in my recent post, which triggered your response here?

I was actually trying to demonstrate empathy in that very post. ;)

At the same time, I stand by my encouragement to the poster, who sounded way too desperate (to the degree that he might get physically sick due to the emotional burden caused by his strong focus on the outcome 24/7), to use the time to research as much as possible about life after the green card - rather than spending all his time ONLY debating the time it takes for it to become his turn.

When I said there are both positives and negatives of living in the USA, then this is something that everybody has to find out for themselves. This was not a reference specifically to things that might weigh in more for me personally.

So for instance, there is so much time that could be used to research areas to live, based on demographics, school districts, crime rates, etc etc...

A great tool is this one for instance:

http://www.city-data.com/

http://www.numbeo.com/common/

When I DO occasionally post things I deem important to know before committing to a green card, things that I personally find essential for everyone to know, especially those considering to live outside of the USA at any time in the future, then I certainly feel it is appropriate to do so.

This does not mean that everybody cares about it. I totally get that chances are that those coming from backgrounds so vastly different to life inside of the USA will have other priorities than those contemplating a more global expat mindset.
So they just disregard those posts - lol. There are thousands of posts that I am not interested in, and yet I glance over them and decide whether or not it applies to me or if I could add a valuable (or funny :rolleyes:) comment.

I have more recently refrained from starting some threads in the top forum 'Lottery Visas DV' rather than subforums.

Happy? :p

I completely get that - and I agree that the motivation must be a completely different one, depending on the person's background.
Where did I make any specific references to taxation or anything in my recent post, which triggered your response here?

I was actually trying to demonstrate empathy in that very post. ;)

At the same time, I stand by my encouragement to the poster, who sounded way too desperate (to the degree that he might get physically sick due to the emotional burden caused by his strong focus on the outcome 24/7), to use the time to research as much as possible about life after the green card - rather than spending all his time ONLY debating the time it takes for it to become his turn.

When I said there are both positives and negatives of living in the USA, then this is something that everybody has to find out for themselves. This was not a reference specifically to things that might weigh in more for me personally.

So for instance, there is so much time that could be used to research areas to live, based on demographics, school districts, crime rates, etc etc...

A great tool is this one for instance:

http://www.city-data.com/

http://www.numbeo.com/common/

When I DO occasionally post things I deem important to know before committing to a green card, things that I personally find essential for everyone to know, especially those considering to live outside of the USA at any time in the future, then I certainly feel it is appropriate to do so.

This does not mean that everybody cares about it. I totally get that chances are that those coming from backgrounds so vastly different to life inside of the USA will have other priorities than those contemplating a more global expat mindset.
So they just disregard those posts - lol. There are thousands of posts that I am not interested in, and yet I glance over them and decide whether or not it applies to me or if I could add a valuable (or funny :rolleyes:) comment.

I have more recently refrained from starting some threads in the top forum 'Lottery Visas DV' rather than subforums.

Happy? :p

Feel free to post whereever and whatever you like - really - your input is most welcome.

I had noticed some empathy in your post, but also I think different people and different cultures speak in different ways. The OP is from Nepal. For the Nepalese, it is a very normal style of writing that expresses their emotion. So a typical Nepalese post would be "Please can you help me with blah blah whatever. I am very upset about it." It is also true that a jumpo from Nepal to the USA could man a huge difference in their lives, so this is no trivial matter to them....

Just saying, not intending to be critical of you.

Thanks for the links - both good ones!