• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Upcoming month's visa bulletin: February 2013

Common dont get upset. It is too early to lose your hope.
Just Wait another 6 month , there is no need for pessimistic guesses.

Hei..he is right! Don't give up! I have a higher CN than yours and I will never give up.:) Capul sus! Iti tin pumnii

Now whit this 20050 for Europe I think that I need to make the plan B because I dont think that I will have a interview .congratulation for who is current .

Don't give up! I have a higher CN than yours and I will never give up.
Plan B it is always good ;) Iti tin pumnii!

However the 2012 underfilling was an extraordinary (unprecedented) event and if you take 2012 success rates and calculate back how many visas you need you get almost exactly 140k. You then apply the quotas split to what you think is the required pool and hey presto you get the DV2014 scenario.
among other matters it is my idea. Respected and beloved pitbull-2 wrote this idea to you.:)
Dear Simon, you are a guardian angel! This is like 75748724678th time you assure me that my number is fine, but due to previous years and those bulletins that never gone above 33k (excluding the 2012 results) I am a bit worried, if this doesn't go well, I don't know if I will ever find a way to go to US.
Your interview will be in May - June.

among other matters it is my idea. Respected and beloved pitbull-2 wrote this idea to you.:)

Sloner I am happy to credit you for various ideas you have shared. You have helped toward the overall picture - it's like you invented the first bicycle but with square wheels, the rest of us improved your design with round wheels.

However, I don't think I ever got anything useful from Pitbull.

Hi C1984

Hop AS 4325 is for march ,Pls correct me if i am wrong. then we have behind 875 in asia with comparing to the last year.

CN - 2014AS000104**

Hi NAV,

What I meant was that if they had set AS at 4300 for March 2014, it would be the same as Feb 2013, which also was 4300. So they added a mere 25 cases to make it 4325 so it is less than a full month behind last year at this point.

Just some venting. :) Not to be read too much into.

Sloner I am happy to credit you for various ideas you have shared. You have helped toward the overall picture - it's like you invented the first bicycle but with square wheels, the rest of us improved your design with round wheels.

However, I don't think I ever got anything useful from Pitbull.

See, this explains why some people find notoriety more rewarding than anonymity. The dawg wanted to be noticed at any cost, and he got it; people will inevitably be confused and forget what he is famous for, and that's the time for reaping the rewards.

Well April for sure unless you are from one of Nigeria, Ethiopia or Egypt.

Thanks britsimon, thankfully i'm from Ghana so i guess April it is... Does that mean i can send my AOS packet aroung Feb 10th, (when the March visa bulletin with the predicted April cutoffs is published?)

Thanks britsimon, thankfully i'm from Ghana so i guess April it is... Does that mean i can send my AOS packet aroung Feb 10th, (when the March visa bulletin with the predicted April cutoffs is published?)

The smart advice for when to send your AOS packet is 1 month before you are current - so March 1st. You might get away with sending it a bit earlier, but there are people who have done that and had the packet returned. c1984 recommends one month - so do that.

So does anyone have any idea why the numbers are moving so slow?

I'm going to call and ask, using my case number as a reference point. Though I highly doubt they will be able to give me any information, which was why I didn't call last time we were talking about this! And I am slightly scared of all these cranky ladies everyone talks about! (By the way, why are they all ladies at KCC? Where are the men? :p)
If that yields no results, I will email.
Perhaps after that I will pretend to be a journo from a highly reputed publication, seeking information.
Or a statistician... They'd probably be a little wary of a journo (albeit a fake one)...
Hmm.... *devising plans*

Not holding my breath however! I fear 2014 will be the year of limbo for us, mijoro! We'll just be waiting until September!

I'm going to call and ask, using my case number as a reference point. Though I highly doubt they will be able to give me any information, which was why I didn't call last time we were talking about this! And I am slightly scared of all these cranky ladies everyone talks about! (By the way, why are they all ladies at KCC? Where are the men? :p)
Perhaps after that I will pretend to be a journo from a highly reputed publication, seeking information.
Or a statistician... They'd probably be a little wary of a journo (albeit a fake one)...
Hmm.... *devising plans*

Not holding my breath however! I fear 2014 will be the year of limbo for us, mijoro! We'll just be waiting until September!

I'm afraid you won't be able to get anything more than a standard answer. I do not believe they disclose that kind of information (cut-off details) and also people dealing with phone calls and correspondence are subcontractors. Here is an example:

Mary
Diversity Visa Unit
Support Contractor - Serco NA
CA/VO/KCC
Williamsburg, KY
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

(Serco Inc. is a leading provider of professional, technology, and management services focused on the federal government.)

But by any means please give it a go, who know maybe you'll extract some valuable info. :)

Hmm.... *devising plans*

If you do call, let us know how it goes, Emma. I remember another Oceania winner posted some months back that when she called KCC to ask about her case number, which was about 2000, because she was trying to work out when to book an overseas trip and didn't want it to clash with her interview, KCC said her interview would likely be in about July. I don't know how knowledgeable or accurate that KCC operator was, but certainly she doesn't sound like one of the "mean ladies" people have been describing lately.

I haven't called KCC on this matter, but about a month ago I did email the Sydney embassy to ask why the numbers were moving so slowly. It was worth a try, but as expected, the reply email just said to keep checking the monthly bulletins.

If you do call, let us know how it goes, Emma. I remember another Oceania winner posted some months back that when she called KCC to ask about her case number, which was about 2000, because she was trying to work out when to book an overseas trip and didn't want it to clash with her interview, KCC said her interview would likely be in about July. I don't know how knowledgeable or accurate that KCC operator was, but certainly she doesn't sound like one of the "mean ladies" people have been describing lately.

I haven't called KCC on this matter, but about a month ago I did email the Sydney embassy to ask why the numbers were moving so slowly. It was worth a try, but as expected, the reply email just said to keep checking the monthly bulletins.

I think the tense times with KCC ladies will continue. Normally they are handling calls with people that are hopeful, well behaved and polite. This year there will be a lot of people asking why they are taking so long, and as the year goes on there will be a lot of people who simply will not understand why their dream has turned to dust. These ladies will be on the front line then - so I a not surprised that their attitide seems to be toughening a bit....

sardis,

You are correct in reading the wording of the new PM. However in practice they are only accepting the package 1 month earlier than the actual 'current' month. Many people, including me, had their packages returned when filed too early and only accepted when less than 1 month remained until their actual 'current' date.

mokhless.

Agree. Wording is very clear and even a fool would be able to fully understand it. Maybe they conveniently chose not to do what they are supposed to. In the spreadsheet, I've seen people whose applications did not get through in Chicago when VB was released and I was thinking maybe these people are a bit lazy in sending the package. Your remarks made it clear.
Hope you get your interview very soon.

Mokhless indeed :)