unusual experience at us consulate new delhi

jank001

Hello,

I would like to share my mother's recent b2 visa interview experience at us consulate new delhi and need some advice what to do.

background:
I have filed DS 160 for my mother 2 weeks back and submitted to new delhi consulate. her is some details:

post for interview : New Delhi
language of interview: Gujarati
languages known: Gujarati.

I was looking for specific dates, so that my father can accompany her, as she can't travel on her own anywhere outside her hometown. so, i called up consulate to see if i can apply to delhi, as dates weren't available at mumbai. they told me that you can apply anywhere in india. and i also ask them about gujarati interpreter at delhi and they said you will get it if you have requested in your application. but i was still doubtful about it, so i called they couple time to verify with different person and it was same answer. so, i took a risk of applying to new delhi.

on the day of Interview (2nd July 2014):
She went to consulate at 9:00 am as planned. and she got shocked by their treatment. first they couldn't find gujarati interpreter for sometime, so they called one old fellow hindi interpreter who can understand some words in gujarati, but can't speak it.

they started speaking hindi, even after my mom repeatedly told them she doesn't know hindi. she struggle the whole interview and at the same time interpreter also struggle with her. and finally they rejected her.

one of the question she was asked was, from where did you come and why did you come here. but as per the consulate helpline they told me you can apply anywhere in india. they why this kind of question asked to harass applicant.

this is not the way to treat senior citizen and they should make them comfortable. most of the time all senior citizen and especially women are not very confutable going to some new place and facing this kind of situation on their own. unfortunately my father couldn't go with her as he already has a visa.

now i don't know what to do. should i write email to consulate general or ask senator for help or apply again immediately as my father's leave is still valid.

please advice!

Neither of this will help. She may re-apply. I am guessing she was denied under 214(b). Unless there is a significant change in her circumstances, she may be denied again under 214(b).

now i don't know what to do. should i write email to consulate general or ask senator for help or apply again immediately as my father's leave is still valid.

Keep in mind, in order to overcome 214(b), there has to be a significant change in her circumstances that bolster her financial and social ties to India.