Unique situation, please help.....

tc18

Registered Users (C)
Hi all....I really hope someone here can help me.
Background:
1988: Came to the US on student visa. Graduated in 1993.
1993-1999: Practical training (H-1B +Extension). Also got married to a US citizen 1993
1994: I-130 was filed and approved (This is when it started to get complicated....). I-485 was filed in Miami. I didn't not receive any Receipt Notice or any other type of response from USCIS. I can't recall what I did, or if I did any follow-up.
1996: I got a divorced
1999: Went back to school,Change status to F-1 (no actual 'Visa')
2004: withdrew from school (out-of-status)
2006: married to US citizen

I'm in the process of filing another I-485 and I-130 concurrently. On form I-485 (part 3), what should I put as final disposition? Inactive? Case closed?
Should I use the 'A' number printed on the (1993) I-130 approval notice?

I have all the documentations ready. I'm stuck at filling out I-485....want to make sure it's done correctly. ANy input, suggestions, advice would be so appreciated.

TIA!
TC

On form I-485 (part 3), what should I put as final disposition?
you can put "unknown", unless you find out from USCIS what the status of the old I-485 actually is.

Should I use the 'A' number printed on the (1993) I-130 approval notice?
sure.

If you are not sure with your legal options, or are not sure with your legal status, or if you are not sure where your previous immigration application stands. The best way to go about this is to consult with a well qualified immigration lawyer. Your situation is very delicate you need to go about it the best way possible. I do not think you may get the answer you are looking for in this forum.

Good luck

If you are not sure with your legal options, or are not sure with your legal status, or if you are not sure where your previous immigration application stands. The best way to go about this is to consult with a well qualified immigration lawyer. Your situation is very delicate you need to go about it the best way possible. I do not think you may get the answer you are looking for in this forum.

Good luck

You're probably right. I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that due to financial reason and time constraint (fee increase avoidance).