• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Unintentional mistakes in DS-230 form

gallbladder

Registered Users (C)
Hello everybody,

Would unintentional mistakes such as wrong date of birth of one of the parents or putting the dates in the form of (dd-mm-yy) would cause problems during the CP interview? would that disqualify the applicant from getting the green card?

Has anyone been denied the green card because of mistakes in the DS-230 /DS-122 forms?

Thank you for your answers.

this is very technical.As long as you dont complicate issues by filling another date during the interviews, I think u might esacpe

Hi...

I had an issue like this. Parents names and date of birth were messed up. And so was the title in my diploma details.

I filled out new forms and sent them along with a cover letter explaining the changes.

Now i am going to sign up for a mail forwarding serivce for the green card. Becuase I don't want to use my friends address for this. And I am wondering when I should submit the new address; to KCC or at the interview date? :confused:

Hi buwalagos, u could ask the concular officer to update ur new address or u may call the KCC now as well. it should ok.

Hello All, I have a situation:

there was 1 error on my spouse's DS230 part2 form

Name and address of Petitioner: I filled out her name (but I am the principal applicant - just realized that I am therefore the petitioner and so I was supposed to fill out my name and address.)

On the DS230 Part 1 form, we ommited the occupation she would like to work with in the U.S (which is DENTIST),

these are errors that could have been easily avoided.

What should we do to correct this?

Should I send the KCC the updated forms? or will this affect us adversely at the interview stage?

Your responses are highly appreciated.

aadepetun
2009AF0000005XX

Hello All, I have a situation:

there was 1 error on my spouse's DS230 part2 form

Name and address of Petitioner: I filled out her name (but I am the principal applicant - just realized that I am therefore the petitioner and so I was supposed to fill out my name and address.)

On the DS230 Part 1 form, we ommited the occupation she would like to work with in the U.S (which is DENTIST),

these are errors that could have been easily avoided.

What should we do to correct this?

Should I send the KCC the updated forms? or will this affect us adversely at the interview stage?

Your responses are highly appreciated.

aadepetun
2009AF0000005XX

Hi,
I suggest you e.mail them at kccdv@state.gov quoting your name, your case number and date of birth to them. Then you explain your mistakes in the mail. They may ask you to sent new forms with the corrections made.

All the best.

Mistake please help

can anyone help me, I just realized I made a mistake in my 230 form, the point asking the nationality, I put NA, am i disqualified?My number was pretty low 3xxx and it is 1 November I got nothing yet. is there any hope?

Call KCC right away and email them stating your mistake. (don't forget to mention your case # in your email)

If I were you I would also fill out a new form 230 and sent it to KCC, with a paer stating your mistake in the previous one and that only now you noticed it. Luckily it is still pretty early in the fiscal yr and remember...people make mistakes:)

I dn't think it will be a big issue but the might have put your papers on the side till they receive more....Good Luck!:)