Unfortunate Souls - Aug RD

the most unfortunate soul

when I think about my case, I want to cry. I feel kind of shameful to mention about my case. My RD is 3/26/01 and I have not heard anything at all. I recently called IIO and she was mad why I called within 2 weeks ( my attorney called for me the first time). To increase my level of insanity, she told me the reason was because of tightened security check after 911. Hello, why security check only on me?

toolong:

Sorry to hear about your case. It is exceptional. I wish you all the best. Did you try to contact your local Congressman?

krishnagc,

I have tried pretty much everything except driving to Vermont and talk to them face to face. I truely believe somebody is playing games with me since I somehow irritated them (e.g. I check my status once in 1-2 months after my ND became current and their records show that). Some people gets pleasure from controlling other people's liives...

what do you mean

by saying that you check your case after ND becoming current? Did you check with IIO? Of course, they log everytime you call. That is true. But, once in two months should not matter..

Evil IIO

What toolong says may be true. When I called in mid July, an IIO said that I should here something within 2 to 4 weeks. He was very nice and courteous. Later I called after about two weeks and the IIO lady was very nasty, and asked me to wait for 30 to 60 days!
Do they punish people who call too often by delaying their cases?

Just called IIO

She said that my case is not with an officer yet . (EB2/RD Aug 17/ND Oct 18) and may take 6 to 8 weeks.

Possible clue to why we're still waiting.

My RD is 8/17/01.
I got an RFE, which is terrible, but on it the date is 10/12, which is my ND.
Are we August filers being processed by our ND not our RD?

Or is it just standard INS 'procedure.'

I am getting so fed up and depressed by all of this. I just want it to be over.

Hi toolong

Very unfortunate and feeling sorry for your case.

Calling IIO once in 1-2 months is not bad at all, unless it is every week continuously. But I guess you might have stopped it some time back and may be, a gap of around 3 months between your calling IIO events till today also would have occurred, right? If yes, then no worries please.

From Oct 01 to July 02, I called 5 times and updated my new address on 5th time call and 1st two times within a gap of one week and was asked by IIO that I called last week. But my case was approved on Aug 26th and my PP was also stamped.

I guess, the delay in your case may be with I-140 document. Did you check with NVC and Consulate of home country regd I-140? I am sorry to give you a suggestion but do not have the phone numbers with me now.

Also when you call IIO, the next time, just tell them that you can give the I-140 approval's reciept number on Phone to speed up the process and give it to them. This may move your file.

BTW, do you have an update from your local congressman, if you have tried through them?

Last edited by a moderator:
GC funwaiting please read

Hi, gcfunwaiting,

I was thrilled to hear about your case. I remember your id from the other thread 'March Filer'. So, you finally got yours. What a relief!

I appreciate the pointers you gave me. I don't understand what you mean about my I-140, though. Can you be more specific? Why contact consulate of home country if I am not doing a CP?

Everytime when I check my status, they either tell me it is with an officer or everything looks ok. Nothing is missing and it just takes time. Yada, yada, yada. Sometimes, I feel like bursting into anger just like George Cosdanza. Local congressman brought back nothing

Right now, I am in a pretty difficult situation. My EAD expires 10/16 and I have not received the approval of my renewal app(it's been 2 months). The local officer told me that she can no longer give temp EAD due to new policy after 9/11. On top of that, I have an emotionally abusive manager...

Living in the jungle sounds like a better way to go...

Hi toolong

I guess, I-140 by default will be approved for CP. After its approval, the document move around these govt offices(INS,NVC etc..). NVC finally sents a letter to the attorney to respond within certain time, regd whether attorney is going to file for AOS or CP, for that person. If NVC doesn't recieve any response from attorney within specified time( may be 1 to 3 months), I guess the I-140 document will be sent to the person's home country consulate as it is approved for CP by default. (You can read your approval copy of I-140 by which you can have clear picture what was printed over there. May not be that clear but try to get it).

Some attorneys do respond to NVC that they are going to file AOS for the person whose i-140 was approved, depending upon whether his priority date becoming current, then. In this case, NVC will not send the I-140 document to the person's home country consulate.
Hence people in such cases will get approved first when compared to the others wheever a new RD approvals start.

In the former case, I-140 will by requested by INS from NVC and then NVC from consulate. Thus consulate will send it back to NVC and then from NVC to INS mail room and from there, goes into one's file. Thus one's file will be a complete file with all other documents sent by us from our side.

Hope you got a clear picture now. I guess you will have the phone number in I-140 approval copy. Try to find out with NVC about the status of your I-140 document, whether sent to INS or not. So that this will give you a clue to proceed.

Anyone out there, if I missed anything, please post here so that it will benefit "toolong". Thank you.

NVC and I 140

I found the number for NVC 1-800-375-5283. I also read through my I-140 approval notice, it says thngs to the effect of 'the person you are petitioning for will apply for AOS',etc. It sounds like I am ok. I guess next time I can specifically ask the IIO if they have my I-140.

BTW, what is your story - your case took quite a while too. Did you get a RFE or did INS lose some of you docs? :confused:

toolong: Lucky guy, approved for AOS. ha?

My case is fine from the beginning. Only for I-140 approval, it took 1 year and ofcourse AOS also 1 year. Due to the then PD issue, waited almost an year again to file AOS, after my PD became current. Finally approved on Aug 26th and stamped on Sept 5th.

Good luck for you.