Unfortunate Souls - Aug RD

GCWallaBaba

Registered Users (C)
Are there any unfortunate souls like me with RD of Aug 17th or earlier who have not received their approval or RFE from VSC?

same here

RD 6th August still waiting, after waiting for so long finally applying for EAD renewal this weekend(EAD expiring 22nd Nov)

question

why would INS leave certain cases in lurch and move on without taking any decision, like in your case. I mean, what's their idea behind doing this.Do they lack all sesitivity towards an individual who at lease deserve a simple stauts on his application. A status like " we have looked your case once and it's pending review for so and so reason".

I think , this is the minimum we all deserve to know when the stakes are so high on this damn GC, and after a gruelling physchological struggle in this country.

We all should come forward to atleast send a kind of memo to INS to let us know the facts in our case, other than just some rubbish , bull@$$# garbage answers of IIO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up the hopes. Now even if I get GC, I will not feel any happier. May be I would just be relaxed as I don't have to pack-off if I get laid off.

I think some cases go by ND rather than RD. I think there will be movement in my case only when my ND (Sep 25) becomes current...i.e. INS processing date (Sep 1st as of now) passes my ND.

As for INS attitude, they are treating beggers as beggers....thats all.

KrishnaGC

This is again your assumption that your case will be picked up by INS as per your ND and not RD. What's the rationale behind it, it is just a convenient comforting though that you have evolved.

Man, what I am trying to say here is, why not they give you a reasonable reason for your case taking longer that others.

I wish and hope they do it as per your ND, otherwise you may have to come up with another reason.

Anita G Please let us know

Anita G please let us know what the IIO says, regarding pending Aug cases. I just read that the IIOs are now saying that they are processing Sep 1 cases. Does it mean that all Aug cases have been assigned to officers? If yes what's their ETA ?

ms001: This is not my assumption. I asked my lawyer. He said... "we cannot do anything unless the your ND becomes current based on the processing date announced by INS. If we do not hear anything from INS until then, we can send a formal FAX enquiry or you can request your local senator or congressman for help. But such instaces are very very rare. Normally all cases are approved or otherwise before the ND becomes current".

Just spoke to IIO. She said my case was assigned just last week and it takes upto 4 weeks to hear anything. She said that I should hear something by Sep 20 (basically don't call before then). Initially she was mad why I called after 2 weeks. I explained to her I was concerned that Sep approvals have started and my lawyer has sent me paperwork for EAD renewal. I feel the rest of August has also been assigned or will shortly be assigned.

KrishnaGc

I understand your feeling and distress.
But it sounds here like your lawyer is assuming things. Again, I ask the same question, what rationale is in your lawyers statement that it will processed as per ND, when his other clients might be getting processed per RD.

Also a fax enquiry might do no good, as we all know the answer, that if the case has taken more than 540 days, only then you can pose questions to INS. Do not mistake that I wish wrong for you, honestly I wish that your case should be done Asap, it is long overdue.

All I was trying to say that, INS needs to give us specific reasons for delay, it will make life easier.

RD - 8/8/01
ND - 9/27/01

Still waiting... got sick and tired of hearing the same AVM that I'm not calling that number anymore

To all those waiting, just hang in there as this nightmarish wait will soon come on and end...

Originally posted by Anita Gupta
Just spoke to IIO. She said my case was assigned just last week and it takes upto 4 weeks to hear anything. She said that I should hear something by Sep 20 (basically don't call before then). Initially she was mad why I called after 2 weeks. I explained to her I was concerned that Sep approvals have started and my lawyer has sent me paperwork for EAD renewal. I feel the rest of August has also been assigned or will shortly be assigned.

Anita : When is yr EAD expiring?

Nov 16th. I am not too concerned because my company filed H-1B extension on April 2nd. I do want to travel to India Nov end though and my H-1 stamp in the pasport expires Sep 15th '02