Uneasy Silence In Vsc

U_take_it_easy

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

UNEASY SILENCE IN VSC!!!!!! scaring me, what do u think can be reason.

1. F.O memo
2. VSC guys are having fun (not interested in wrking)
3. Pending H1-B

Guys who have seen it all , pls comment.

U_take_it_easy

I haven't noticed anything unusual myself. If anything things seem to be moving along fairly well compared to the start of the year. July 4th probably cut into productivity somewhat though.

FOM definitely seems to have started but the pattern still isn't clear (to me at least).

Afaik, H1B processing shouldn't affect things much until October 1st when the new fiscal year starts (the cap for 2004 was reached around Feb this year so apart from transfers and renewals there shouldn't be much H activity afaik). Apparently there aren't too many H visas filed so far for 2005 which could help.

Me, I'm waiting for the next step which should be fingerprinting for myself and my wife. I got my I-140 (ND 10/23/03, concurrent EB3) approved a few weeks ago but from what I can tell our FP notices might not go out for another 6-9 months or so. The VSC appears to have stopped sending FP notices out as of people with a ND of 06/03 or thereabouts (with the exception of FOM cases), presumably until the I-485 is closer to being processed so FP doesn't have to be done multiple times. I just hope that FOM doesn't cause a massive slowdown for non-FOM cases.

ETA

pace is slow

The pace has slowed down considerably. Hopefully it should pickup beginning of next week. Some people may not have come back to work from weekend break. Need a quick decision on my I140 atleast.

They have changed priority

They are approving a lot of 485 these days. This may be the effect of the new backlog elimination plan. To hit the target set by the plan, they need to process 1 years worth of 485 by Sep'04. The target for 140 is 8 months, which they have already achieved.

So they are going slow with the 140 engine and firing up the 485.

I140_2003

Or, maybe the 140 team had a big party on hitting the target ahead of time. Now they are drooling from the hangover.

Tha's one of the ideas we discussed before ... reducing the backlog for I140 to a reasonable time (8 months now) and focus after that on I485. That would be good news for ppl with I140 approved and FP done ... for the rest of us ... FP is the answer and is still not coming for the ND after June 03

I140_2003 said:
They are approving a lot of 485 these days. This may be the effect of the new backlog elimination plan. To hit the target set by the plan, they need to process 1 years worth of 485 by Sep'04. The target for 140 is 8 months, which they have already achieved.

So they are going slow with the 140 engine and firing up the 485.

I140_2003

nemessis said:
Tha's one of the ideas we discussed before ... reducing the backlog for I140 to a reasonable time (8 months now) and focus after that on I485. That would be good news for ppl with I140 approved and FP done ... for the rest of us ... FP is the answer and is still not coming for the ND after June 03
Looks likely but have they dumped FO memo in that case - wondering or maybe that is second priority after achieving target on 485.

It could be, I don't know ... I don't think that the approvals wee see for both I140/I485 are the result of FO memo, but random things that happened in the past also. For example there are cases from June-July 2003 approved in Dec 2003 (I485) when most of the ppl didn't have I140 approved. If the FO memo was in place at that time many would have believed that is the result of the memo, but I think it has to do with something else, most likely a random pulling from the self of some folders

Jharkhandi said:
Looks likely but have they dumped FO memo in that case - wondering or maybe that is second priority after achieving target on 485.

nemessis said:
It could be, I don't know ... I don't think that the approvals wee see for both I140/I485 are the result of FO memo, but random things that happened in the past also. For example there are cases from June-July 2003 approved in Dec 2003 (I485) when most of the ppl didn't have I140 approved. If the FO memo was in place at that time many would have believed that is the result of the memo, but I think it has to do with something else, most likely a random pulling from the self of some folders
Seems reasonable nemessis. But it is becoming more regular feature nowadays. Check:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133211

Yes, but still ... there are few scatered cases not a trend. From > 5000 cases each month we see few approvals like that. If this is a policy that they are implementing it should be much more than that ... I don't see the trend. My fear is that they decided to stop sending bulk FPs until they finish the cases with FP already done to not end up again sending FP2, because there is no bulk FP notices since the end of Feb.

Jharkhandi said:
Seems reasonable nemessis. But it is becoming more regular feature nowadays. Check:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133211

Last edited by a moderator:
A few minutes ago I saw this post:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=133193

Quite amazing, not only that it was approved in 2 months but without FP ... can this be the case for why VSC is not sending FPs anymore, because they changed the FP policy? Is it possible that you'll be fingerprinted later after the online approval? How does this fit in the "security clearance" issue?

I140 approved!!!!

Finally it is my day today. 07/07/04 will be remembered as the day my dreams got fulfilled after 16 years of my first mistake in choosing Canada for higher studies. I should thank god for seeing this day, and also many people on this forum who lifted my spirits when I desperately needed (like dynobuoy, tammy2, GCJaisa..., User850, Jharkhandi. and many more).

I140 got approved today just few minutes ago. Our RFE response really worked miracles. It only shows that a good competent attorney is needed to get it through the US immigration mess.

Regarding LUD change....Naanshi, it is not necessary that they should work on the file for several days to get it approved. My I140 got approved without seeing any changes in LUD. It got changed to 07/07/04 after the approval.

Nothing has changed on I485s. who cares about it now..it is only matter of time.

thanks once again to all who allowed me to share my difficult times.

what 2 months!!! (no kidding)

I have been waiting for this I140 since April 2003. (15 months). may have to wait for another 5 months for I485.