Unbelievably Fast Approvals

140/485 approved

Hi Friends,

I am silent listener on this great thread.
I would like to share good news with you. My 140/485 applications were approved today.

My details
EB3 substitute, concurrent
140 : ND Mar 03
RFE Aug 04
AD Sep 04
EAD1 ND Mar 03
AD AUG 03
EAD2 AD AUG 04
485 : ND Mar 03
FP1 MAY 03
FP2 SEP 04

Wish you all good luck

-whatsnews

whatsnews said:
Hi Friends,

I am silent listener on this great thread.
I would like to share good news with you. My 140/485 applications were approved today.

My details
EB3 substitute, concurrent
140 : ND Mar 03
RFE Aug 04
AD Sep 04
EAD1 ND Mar 03
AD AUG 03
EAD2 AD AUG 04
485 : ND Mar 03
FP1 MAY 03
FP2 SEP 04

Wish you all good luck

-whatsnews

Congratulations

Did your I-485 LUD updated before approved

tigris said:
Hi Whatsnews ,

Congratulations !!!

Can you please explain what is LUD ?

thanks -Tigris

LUD is "Last Updated Date" . You can see this for your case if you register at the USCIS website and add your case to the portfolio. YOu can find more information about this in the "VSC for Dummies" thread.

Here's my experience and timeline near Hartford, CT.
5/2002 - Company mgmt agreed to sponsor green card.
9/2002 - 1 month of job advertisements for quantitative programmer begin.
11/12/2002 - Labor Cert application under RIR sent in.
5/14/2004 - CT approves and forwards case to Boston SESA.
6/3/2004 - LC approved.
6/15/2004 - I suggested consular processing over I485 AOS to lawyers.

7/1/2004 - I-140 application sent in to VSC.
8/20/2004 - I-140 approved.

The lawyers told me it took only a month and half because I had an approved I-140 from my previous employer. Reading about other people's cases here (10 days, etc.), that's still slow!

Congratulations:

Slow? thank your stars that your I-140 got approved in a month and a half. There are people here waiting for months and years for their 140 to come through :)

emailraja said:
Here's my experience and timeline near Hartford, CT.
5/2002 - Company mgmt agreed to sponsor green card.
9/2002 - 1 month of job advertisements for quantitative programmer begin.
11/12/2002 - Labor Cert application under RIR sent in.
5/14/2004 - CT approves and forwards case to Boston SESA.
6/3/2004 - LC approved.
6/15/2004 - I suggested consular processing over I485 AOS to lawyers.

7/1/2004 - I-140 application sent in to VSC.
8/20/2004 - I-140 approved.

The lawyers told me it took only a month and half because I had an approved I-140 from my previous employer. Reading about other people's cases here (10 days, etc.), that's still slow!

LUDs

All of you who were approved, please share your experience with LUD change in I140. My LUD was changed two days in a raw recently. I'm anxiously waiting so please share any info. you've

LUDs

I dont think there is any pattern for the LUD changes.My140 LUD changed first time when my 485 is filed.The next time it changed only when it is approved(10/12).But it changed again on 10/13(I think this is when mail room guys did some action..)

Hi guys

I am sorry to deviat, but i need desperate help fromm all you gurus. I am victim of H1B 6 years limit. I want to go for labor substitution. will you please clarify me following doubts:

1.LC which I am going to use require only Bachelors and 2 years of experience. I have Bachelors (3 years from india) and masters (2 years from india) in computerscience and have 3 years experience. will it be any problem using this LC?

2. In LC under experience, previous IT guy mentioned 10 years of experience. where as I have only three years of experience. In LC under job offer require (14 th column) only 2 years of experience.will it cause any problems in my I140/I485 stages?

3.which is my priority date? is Lc (sustituted) filed date or I140 filed?

4. Can it be possible to change employers after 180 days passed and I 140 approved (luckily) in labor substitution cases?

I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

Gc Pain said:
I am sorry to deviat, but i need desperate help fromm all you gurus. I am victim of H1B 6 years limit. I want to go for labor substitution. will you please clarify me following doubts:

1.LC which I am going to use require only Bachelors and 2 years of experience. I have Bachelors (3 years from india) and masters (2 years from india) in computerscience and have 3 years experience. will it be any problem using this LC?
--NO Problem
2. In LC under experience, previous IT guy mentioned 10 years of experience. where as I have only three years of experience. In LC under job offer require (14 th column) only 2 years of experience.will it cause any problems in my I140/I485 stages?
--Your Education and experience should be fine as they are matching with the requirement.But get your credentials evaluated and it should equivalent to the previous labor..It seems this will be finled under EB3.But take a good lawyer like who will suggest what to do.

3.which is my priority date? is Lc (sustituted) filed date or I140 filed?
--Your priority date will be the original labor filing date.

4. Can it be possible to change employers after 180 days passed and I 140 approved (luckily) in labor substitution cases?
--Yes, You can use AC21 after 180 days of filing 485 and I 140 should be approved.

I appreciate your information. Thanks in advance.

Hi Gurus

GCVA again small clarifications:

1.Labor Certification is from Chicago and I am working for New Jersey client and living in new jersey. They want to use this labor certification for me as substitute and file I140/I485? can I able to file I140/485 at vermont service center? (My company has head quarters in NJ and branch office in chicago.)

2. What is your best advice, will I go for vermont or Nebraska region?

3. My H1B is going to expire in 6 months. Nebraska is very slow now a days, I want to go for vermont. Is this good idea?

I appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance.

Help Needed

HI,
There is a company willing to offer job on the basis of :

01. willing to substitute Pre-approved LC for GC process
02. File I-140 / I-485 / I-765 all at same time
03. I can join the company after EAD is approved

My question is, if I join this company if they terminate my job for some reason after 180 days though I have EAD but BEFORE I-140 is approved what will be my situation.

Can any one help clarify me, please?
thanks in advance

I dont think you have a choice to apply from Vermont. If your labor cert is from Chicago, you'll have to file from Nebraska. I am not 100% sure. Please check with a lawyer.

Gc Pain said:
GCVA again small clarifications:

1.Labor Certification is from Chicago and I am working for New Jersey client and living in new jersey. They want to use this labor certification for me as substitute and file I140/I485? can I able to file I140/485 at vermont service center? (My company has head quarters in NJ and branch office in chicago.)

2. What is your best advice, will I go for vermont or Nebraska region?

3. My H1B is going to expire in 6 months. Nebraska is very slow now a days, I want to go for vermont. Is this good idea?

I appreciate your advice. Thanks in advance.

U can file from vermont service center

Hi GC PAin,

U can file from vermont service center no problem . same is my cace Labor Certification is from Chicago and 140/485 is from vermont service center.

My ND for EB3-140 was 09/XX/04 and got approval in just 48 days

My ND for EB3-140 was 09/XX/04 and got approval in just 48 days.
VSC Zindabaad !!

hereismygc said:
HI,
There is a company willing to offer job on the basis of :

01. willing to substitute Pre-approved LC for GC process
02. File I-140 / I-485 / I-765 all at same time
03. I can join the company after EAD is approved

My question is, if I join this company if they terminate my job for some reason after 180 days though I have EAD but BEFORE I-140 is approved what will be my situation.

Can any one help clarify me, please?
thanks in advance

In order to change jobs your 140 should've been approved and your 485 should've been pending for 180 or more days. But I have seen some cases where a couple of my friends switched jobs though their 485 had not been pending for 180 days, but they all had their 140 cleared.

I am not an expert on this but thought to share the information I have. Good luck..

I-140 Approved in 16 days (VSC)

Guys,
Thanks to VSC frentic 140 processing.
I got my 140 approved in 16 days.
Details.
Category: EB3.
Receipt Date : Oct'13 2004
Notice Date (Approval date): Oct'29 2004.

I will got for I-485 this week.
Please advice on the consular processing whether thats good or to go for AOS.
Please update the tracker with this info. I tried doing it but
failed.
Thanks in advance,
Srini