Unbelievably Fast Approvals

support.gc said:
We have applied for I-140 in month of December (EB3)
What I am not understanding is couple of postings say that I-140 is getting approved in min 15 days or a month but couple of postings mention that it is taking 8 months or more....
What is going on? can anyone please explain?

Hi,
Please let me know if you have any updates. i replied to my I-140 RFE in Feb'06. Still waiting... :( . This is an EB3 catagory.

So fast..

fyi -
Today, I happened to look at my friends I140 approval notice.. The recept date is Apr 24 and approval is on May 13 i.e., just 19 days for approval!!!. This is probably a special case, but majority I heard are taking around 3 to 4 months.

Approved on Labor Day

I received an email from uscis that my I-140 has been approved. It only took 14 days for the approval. Got both initial LUD and approval during the labor day weekend -- couldn't believe it!! Are they really working through the weekend??

Case Details:
VA PD: 1/24/03 - RIR, EB2 (MS+0)
RFE: 6/04 (Couldn't verify company name and address as company moved to diff address and assumed a new name)
PReg RD: 8/04
45 day Letter: 02/05
PBEC Approval: 7/7/06 (p-042*)
I-I40 RD: 8/21/06 (SRC***)
LUD: 9/2/06 (Saturday)
I-140 Approval: 9/4/06 (Monday i.e., Labor Day)
Waiting for visa numbers (India)

Thank you all for your support and valuable information esp. unitednations, whose posts were very helpful.

Gchope

GCInThisLife said:
I received an email from uscis that my I-140 has been approved. It only took 14 days for the approval. Got both initial LUD and approval during the labor day weekend -- couldn't believe it!! Are they really working through the weekend??

Case Details:
RFE: 6/04 (Couldn't verify company name and address as company moved to diff address and assumed a new name)

Thank you all for your support and valuable information esp. unitednations, whose posts were very helpful.

I JUST RECEIVED MY LABOR. I AM GOING TO FILE I-140 ON 10/1/06. WHAT IS LUD MEAN?

LUD - Last Update Date. If the case (129, 140, 485 etc) is registered online at USCIS website, it can be tracked online. Any time the application gets looked into, the 'Last Updated' date displayed online will change.

Vsc Problem

GCInThisLife said:

Case Details:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. I WANT YOUR FURTHER ASSISTANCE. I SUBMITTED ALL MY DOCUMENTS FOR I-140 TO LAWYER AND YESTERDAY LAWYER CALLED ME THAT VSC IS NOT EXCEPTING ANY I-140 NOW. IT HAS TO BE FILE AT NCS. BUT AS I HAVE 1YR DIPLOMA+3 YEARS IN BACH. FROM INDIA NSC WILL DENY I-140. SO HE IS TELLING ME TO WAIT AND SEE IF VSC OPENS AGAIN. DID YOU FILED AT VSC OR NSC. I KNOW YOU HAVE MS DEGREE SO YOU DIDN'T FACED ANY PROBLEM. BUT IF YOU KNOW ANY ONE LIKE MY DEGREE PLEASE LE ME KNOW THEIR EXPERIENCE.

Vsc Problem

njdude26 said:
EB3 VSC
ND-11/23
RD- 8/19
PD-7/6/05

I got the hard copy.

WHERE DID YOU FILE ? AT NSC OR VSC? WHAT IS YOUR DEGREE? SORRY ASKING SOME QUESTIONS BUT I AM STUCK WITH I-140. FROM WHICH STATE YOU ARE.

Vsc Problem

laborpain01 said:
Hello
I am new to this forum and recently got my labor approval(after a good 4 years wait). I am a little confused here about why the VSC I140 processing dates show July 2005 as the processing dates whereas I see that folks who filed for 140 in december are getting approvals... Could someone please help me understand this.
thanks

IS YOUR LAWYER FILING I-140 AT VSC OR NSC?

I do not exactly know where my 140 was filed, but I got my approval from TSC (Texas).. i.e., thats what it says on approval notice. There is some problem using combination degrees and there are several threads in this forum esp in NSC-140 that can guide you through how to get around them. I am sure there are many folks with education similar to you have gotten it resolved with or with out RFE. I assume your lawyer is right and I didn't know that each centre processes applications differently - may be depends on certifying officer.

Chhaya said:
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. I WANT YOUR FURTHER ASSISTANCE. I SUBMITTED ALL MY DOCUMENTS FOR I-140 TO LAWYER AND YESTERDAY LAWYER CALLED ME THAT VSC IS NOT EXCEPTING ANY I-140 NOW. IT HAS TO BE FILE AT NCS. BUT AS I HAVE 1YR DIPLOMA+3 YEARS IN BACH. FROM INDIA NSC WILL DENY I-140. SO HE IS TELLING ME TO WAIT AND SEE IF VSC OPENS AGAIN. DID YOU FILED AT VSC OR NSC. I KNOW YOU HAVE MS DEGREE SO YOU DIDN'T FACED ANY PROBLEM. BUT IF YOU KNOW ANY ONE LIKE MY DEGREE PLEASE LE ME KNOW THEIR EXPERIENCE.

GCInThisLife

Hi GCInThisLife,
I saw in this thread that your I-40 is approved in 14 days.Did you file premium or regular? MY LC approved Yesterday and ready to file AP 140 485 together.

H1B File 4/06 Approved 06/06
LC 09/21/06 Approved 09/25/06
Ready to file AP 140, 485

No, it is not premium. infact premium wasn't available for EB2 then. My friend has also gotten in about 19 days. Looks like it is not uncommon, you can look into I140 tracker in www.trackitt.com and many others have gotten their approvals in short time.

Looks like even you have your perm in 4 days, if you are not from retro countries, you may even have your gc in few months. good luck!

CAUSA said:
Hi GCInThisLife,
I saw in this thread that your I-40 is approved in 14 days.Did you file premium or regular? MY LC approved Yesterday and ready to file AP 140 485 together.

H1B File 4/06 Approved 06/06
LC 09/21/06 Approved 09/25/06
Ready to file AP 140, 485

need help

need help for determining the priority date. my labour was filed in april 2001. I changed my lawyer in june 2003. The new lawyer told me that the labor was filed under a closed corporation. By talking to the employer found out that he had started a new corporation and was ready to file my lc under the new corporation. The lc was filed under the new corporation and I was told that my PD was preserved. The lc was also filed as a RIR since the earlier was was a traditional case. I recieved my lc certifaction om the 23rd of september 2006. now wht is my PD. My lawyer says that it is still 2001, but the certification letter says application recieved date as june 6 2003.My question is how can one capture the PD. Since i am from india can not afford to miss my PD. Would be very grateful if someone can help me.

Help for determining Priority Date

Dilshad:

This is how it works. Let us say the closed corp is CorpA and the new one is CorpB.

The PD gets preserved only if you have an approved I-140 filed through CorpA.

Once you have an approved I-140 from CorpA and then move onto CorpB, then CorpB will file your a new LC followed by a new I-140. Once your new I-140 gets approved with CorpB, WHEN FILING FOR I-485 you could use your PD from CorpA.

Your PD therefore will be 23rd of september 2006.

NJDude said:
Dilshad:

This is how it works. Let us say the closed corp is CorpA and the new one is CorpB.

The PD gets preserved only if you have an approved I-140 filed through CorpA.

Once you have an approved I-140 from CorpA and then move onto CorpB, then CorpB will file your a new LC followed by a new I-140. Once your new I-140 gets approved with CorpB, WHEN FILING FOR I-485 you could use your PD from CorpA.

Your PD therefore will be 23rd of september 2006.

She received her approval on 23rd sept 06. I think her pd should be June 2003 not sept 06

EB2-RIR, MD
PD (ETA 750): June 2004
45 Day Letter Received: March 2006
Continuation Letter Sent: March 2006
ETA 750 Certified: December 2006

I just got ETA 750 certified. My questions might be covered somewhere, but couldn’t find the exact info I am looking for. So, please let me ask some questions. :confused:

Is ‘concurrent filing of I-140 petition and I-485 application’ still available? I think I heard that the concurrent filing is no longer accepted. I am unsure if that is true.

Is it better to file I-140 and I-485 separately?

Is ‘Premium Processing’ for ‘concurrent filing of I-140 petition and I-485 application’ or separate filing offered?

If you can share your experiences, it will be greatly appreciated.

DKSearch said:
EB2-RIR, MD
PD (ETA 750): June 2004
45 Day Letter Received: March 2006
Continuation Letter Sent: March 2006
ETA 750 Certified: December 2006

I just got ETA 750 certified. My questions might be covered somewhere, but couldn’t find the exact info I am looking for. So, please let me ask some questions. :confused:

Is ‘concurrent filing of I-140 petition and I-485 application’ still available? I think I heard that the concurrent filing is no longer accepted. I am unsure if that is true.

Is it better to file I-140 and I-485 separately?

Is ‘Premium Processing’ for ‘concurrent filing of I-140 petition and I-485 application’ or separate filing offered?

If you can share your experiences, it will be greatly appreciated.

You can only file I-485 if your priority date is current. Check the latest visa bulletin for the priority date cutoff in your category.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3100.html

MA_Labor said:
You can only file I-485 if your priority date is current. Check the latest visa bulletin for the priority date cutoff in your category.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3100.html

I belong to ‘All Charge-ability Areas except that Listed’, not from China Mainland, India, Mexico, nor Philippines, so I can file them concurrently, correct?
“When you file your (and your family members') I-485, you can also file for Employment Authorization Documents ("EADs") and Advance Parole documents.” (Source: http://www.greencardlawyers.com/greencards/adjustment/ConcurrentFiling.html)
I have three dependents (spouse and two children). Does this mean I can file I-140, I-485, EAD, and AP for my dependents and myself at the same time with the Premium Processing with the fee $1,000?

Thank you

Yep, you can file I-140 and I-485 concurrently if your PD is current. You can also file for EAD and Advance Parole and I-485 for your family members at the same time. At this time, only I-140 is available through premium processing.