UNBELEIVEABLE!: After more than three years of wait TSC says File Lost

takeanumber

Registered Users (C)
I would like to share an update about my case with you guys. As you know me and JuanCarloz are apparently the oldes filers here: 10/2000 and 09/2000 respectively. After more than three years of wait at TSC and after the Senator's, Congressman's and AILA follow up, TSC sent me a letter stating that they cannot locate my file and I should submit a copy of almost all of my file to restart the processing.

TSC says they regret this.
Only good thing about this is that they want the copies of the old file and they have not asked me to submit a new application. For three years my online status have never changed and it still has not changed. My wife's status changed after her fingerprints though. I am pretty organised with my papers and I can send copies of the documents, I am totally appauled by this that it took them three years to find out that they cannot locate my file.

My question is:

- Should I update My form G-325 A(Biographic info). I got married and had a kid since then.

- I changed two companies(satisfied 180 days rule by far, worked with original company who sponsered the I-140 for six years before switching) and I am making almost twice as much as my labor cert says when approved in 1999.

- Here is the million dollar question:
What can I do to expedite the processing now so they adjudicate quick.

[Details:
Cat: EB
I-140 approved 1999
N/D 10,2000
2 finger prints
3 EAD's
2 AP's
last fingerprint in Jan,2003
Senator, Congressman, AILA follow up: June-Aug,2003]

- Any suggestions would be extremely appriciated.

takeanumber - Is there anyway you could approach an Immigration Judge with the letter BCIS sent you?

What is the guarantee that BCIS would approve your petition as soon as they receive your new copies?

Mostly I guess you'ld get your approval in 3 months (once you send the copies). But why wait if approaching a judge is an option.

Good luck!

It is terrible... I am very sorry for you man. Good that you have the copies and hope you get your approval soon once you send the copies. I wonde what kind of a nightmare will guys with no copies have to face.

takeanumber,
As there is a mistake on their side, I would think they would approve your case as soon as they receive the copies.
If i were in your situation , I would wait couple of months before approaching the big Attorney.

Good luck and my sixth sence says you will be approved pretty soon.

dont do it alone

this is a misery and end it as fast as you can. use a good liar and make a hue and cry so that they dont come back asking more crap.
one thing during all this time they were approving your ead were not they?
sorry i believe do it through lawyers with strong response and you should have a happy new year:D ;)

This is service error, so obviously you can request TSC to expedite your case.

Goodluck.

Blessings and Good luck

After a lot of belessings and good words from all of us. we pary for ur quick approval.

Good days and freedom is not very far....so smile and send docs what they asked.

P.O.B

Service error

Since it is a service error, they will expedite and approve your case likely in less than 1 months or so.

No point in spending money on attorney, you waited 3 years, then why not give a try for 1 or 2 more months.

You will get approved soon....Don't spend to lawyers.

Send all the copies in Order, that's all you need to do....

:) :) :)

Maybe the reason that TSC doesn't move at all is because somebody there got mad and burn up all cases.....
Or maybe they really want to upset you so that you can stop bugging them so they lied to you that they lost your case.

Originally posted by takeanumber
I would like to share an update about my case with you guys. As you know me and JuanCarloz are apparently the oldes filers here: 10/2000 and 09/2000 respectively. After more than three years of wait at TSC and after the Senator's, Congressman's and AILA follow up, TSC sent me a letter stating that they cannot locate my file and I should submit a copy of almost all of my file to restart the processing.

TSC says they regret this.
Only good thing about this is that they want the copies of the old file and they have not asked me to submit a new application. For three years my online status have never changed and it still has not changed. My wife's status changed after her fingerprints though. I am pretty organised with my papers and I can send copies of the documents, I am totally appauled by this that it took them three years to find out that they cannot locate my file.

My question is:

- Should I update My form G-325 A(Biographic info). I got married and had a kid since then.

- I changed two companies(satisfied 180 days rule by far, worked with original company who sponsered the I-140 for six years before switching) and I am making almost twice as much as my labor cert says when approved in 1999.

- Here is the million dollar question:
What can I do to expedite the processing now so they adjudicate quick.

[Details:
Cat: EB
I-140 approved 1999
N/D 10,2000
2 finger prints
3 EAD's
2 AP's
last fingerprint in Jan,2003
Senator, Congressman, AILA follow up: June-Aug,2003]

- Any suggestions would be extremely appriciated.

Another option

Of course even if after that things doesn’t move you can file a lawsuit against TSC because it is their mistake that your files were lost.

I would like to take a moment to thank all of you for your positive thoughts and support. I hope this misery ends soon.

One of the reasons I wanted to share my experience was to bring awareness about the sloppy work at TSC. They did not have the courtecy of admitting that they lost my file. I had about 15 written inquiries through different channels. TSC only responded when THEY thought it was necessary. I would advise everybody to be proactive and dont trust TSC anything can be expected of them.

I have an attorney but TSC has not responded to my corporate lawyer(not much help). They sent the note to me directly. They approved three EAD's and Three AP's. Were they not cross-checking them with my file.?

Is salary difference between I-140 and current Salary a problem.
My lawyer says no. I have a few months gap in my employment when I transitioned to the new company after working with the origenal company for six years. Is that a problem.

Again, goodLuck to you all.

Takeanumber

Something is always better than nothing. At least they have accepted that they lost your file.

I agree with or1or2. Of course this is my opinion. Try to use this as an opportunity and utilize it effectively. You can earn money anytime but not the TIME.

GoodHope

takeanumber,

Are your newly-wed wife and kid US Citizens/ perm residents? If not, my suggestion would be not to add them to your file. I wouldn't update your income either.

My logic: If they had the file in the first place, they wouldn't have any of this updated info anyways.

My stomach is turning into knots as I read your story every time. It is truely a terrible thing that you had to wait this long to uncover the truth. I hope your case gets approved very very very very soon.

I am not a lawyer.

UNBELEIVEABLE( two)

Hey TAKEANUMBER I'm in the same BOAT .
I live in Miami and my I-485 was filed at TSC, two months ago they
sent me a letter saying that my Files were lost and they where going to check with the Miami office.( not found)
This week I received a letter requesting a copies of almost all my files to reconstruct my case.
at least someone is taking care of OUR cases.

RD 09/2000
Congressman follow up June /2003

Hey TAKEANUMBER I THINK WE'RE GOING TO SEE THE LIGHT SOON............................

God Bless you All.

JuanKarloz, Dude where have you been. I know you would reply.
Looks like our cases are very similar. They probabally lost our files about the same time. I got the exact same letter from TSC to send everything back. Have you sent them the copies of everything already. Lets stay in touch. Keep us posted.
Good Luck to all the rest of you too.

Hey

hey Takeanumber , I been working out of town.that's why but I'm back.
I have not sent any files yet, my lawyer is preparing a package for me.( she has all my files) and I think the best way to send those files is thru the Congressman's office because if I mail it my self it could get lost again.
Take care.

lost my file too.....

My lawyer also got a letter from bcis asking her to send a copy of our files since they lost ours too.
Fortunately I have two I 140's approved(LC and NIW). Recently I applied for consular processing with NIW , for that i had to apply I 824, that is when my lawyer got a letter from them asking for copies.
My i 485 application (labour certification ) still pending since nov 2001. Hope they have not lost that.

JuanKarloz and damsel'ndistres did you guys send the copies of your papers again after you received the notice that TSc has lost them. Any response from TSC. I have a question. I have all the papers ready, should I send it through the Senator's office or through my attorney.?
GoodLuck to you all

Ho yes

Hey Takeanumber,last week I sent my files to TSC through Congressman's office to the congressional Unit at the U.S Bureau of citizenshi and Immigration servises in Mesquite ,Texas.

One thing I know ! it is a Congressional Courtesy that each member of Congress be afforded the opportunity to assist his or her Constituents.

God Bless you all.