UN, Ginnu and Gurus....Does FOIA delays I-485?

raaj97

Registered Users (C)
UN, Ginnu and Gurus,
Couple of weeks back I requested FOIA to get labor and I-140 papers so that I can use AC21 safely. My I-485 is very near to the adjudication and I read in one of the thread that request for FOIA delays the process. Can you please guide me if this is correct info.. If so can I recall FOIA to avoid delay? Last week there were two LUDs without change in message. I am worried if these were because of FOIA or address change. LUDs changed for my wife and daughter too on the same dates without change in the message content. I am hoping these were because of address change.

Please advise me and thanks in advance.
Raaj

Last edited by a moderator:
raaj97 said:
UN, Ginnu and Gurus,
Couple of weeks back I requested FOIA to get labor and I-140 papers so that I can use AC21 safely. My I-485 is very near to the adjudication and I read in one of the thread that request for FOIA delays the process. Can you please guide me if this is correct info..
----------------------- I dont think FOIA delay the process
If so can I recall FOIA to avoid delay? Last week there were two LUDs without change in message. I am worried if these were because of FOIA or address change. LUDs changed for my wife and daughter too on the same dates without change in the message content. I am hoping these were because of address change.

Please advise me and thanks in advance.
Raaj

I read on here that yes, a FOIA request will delay your 140/485 processing.

This is due to the fact that when they receive your request, they physically pull your file from the processing queue in order to make copies and be able to work on your request. Once your request has been fulfilled (however long that takes), your applications are returned to the queue.

Talked with FOIA officer yesterday. Asked same question, she gave same answer as Ginnu. "Will no delay".

My FOIA ND:Mar'9th, she told there are 9000 files before me and 20,000 files after me in the queue.

cfiler, when did you sent your file and please post yuor details?