U.S. Passport

Passport sent to applicant

Do the passport / passport card come back to you in a specially marked envelope? Just want to find out if I need to worry about mail theft, given the sensitivity of such document.

Do the passport / passport card come back to you in a specially marked envelope? Just want to find out if I need to worry about mail theft, given the sensitivity of such document.

I had mine sent to me via Express Mail, so it came in an EM envelope. My certificate was returned to me in a yellow manila envelope with a U.S. Department of State return address. I assume that my passport would have been sent to me in a similar envelope, had I not requested it to be sent via Express Mail.

Can I apply for passport right after the oath ceremony on the very same day? I am planning to take my application and nat. certificate from the court to the post office.

Can I apply for passport right after the oath ceremony on the very same day? I am planning to take my application and nat. certificate from the court to the post office.

I assume you have a name change being done because you are referring to court? If that is the case, then I recently read somewhere on here that it may be advisable (but not mandatory) to first report your new name to the Social Security office and let the name change get registered in their system. Then you can apply for a passport. However, in general I have seen many people on here apply for their passport the very same day.

I assume you have a name change being done because you are referring to court? If that is the case, then I recently read somewhere on here that it may be advisable (but not mandatory) to first report your new name to the Social Security office and let the name change get registered in their system. Then you can apply for a passport. However, in general I have seen many people on here apply for their passport the very same day.

Oh, no. No name change. It is just the oath ceremony will be in the court building, I guess.

Applied for passport the day of Nat ceremony (regular time process). A week later checked the status. Shows the passport is ready and is in the mail already. That was quick. Looking forward to getting it in a couple of days.

Applied for passport the day of Nat ceremony (regular time process). A week later checked the status. Shows the passport is ready and is in the mail already. That was quick. Looking forward to getting it in a couple of days.

You are lucky to be able to see your passport status online. Everyone I have spoken to and myself have never had any luck with that status website. The application is always 'not found'. The passports do seem to come in 2 - 3 weeks' time though.

Yes, it happened to me as well. My application still does not show up, even though I received my PP a few weeks back. I called them and CS said that they are having problems with online status check. Seems like they are so busy that they have not fixed it after so many days.... :(

Yes, it happened to me as well. My application still does not show up, even though I received my PP a few weeks back. I called them and CS said that they are having problems with online status check. Seems like they are so busy that they have not fixed it after so many days.... :(

This has been going on for months, not days. My application status appeared online the day my passport was actually sent to me. It still shows up as "Application Received".

Got my passport a week after applying for it!!! (paid for regular processing)
Still waiting for the nat. certificate.

just applied PP on SAT and the lady didn't even request my NYDL, i guess the Certificate serves as ID and proof of the citizenship.
so actually how long will i receive my PP in NYC area???