U.S. Passport

Yes, you should enter certificate number and green card number for your identification. Proof of citizenship.

1. Proof of citizenship. This can be a previous passport or a certified (with a raised seal stamped into the paper) copy of your birth certificate.
2. Two identical two-inch square photos, color or black and white, with a white background, and a facial image size between one and one and 3/8 inches.
3. Proof of identification, with a photo and signature, such as a driver's license or student ID.

You replied to a post that is nearly 4 years old.

Hmm, my friend is a US citizen, and he lost his passport (well, stolen by his ex-wife), but I wonder if the same 6 hour rule applies to a "lost" U.S. Passport where he has int'l flight plans within 6 days.
Three is no 6 hour "rule". Some people happen to receive it in 6 hours or less, but the passport agencies do not guarantee that a passport will be produced the same day or next day.

I remember that DS-11 did not ask for A# in 2009, so I took a look at it again. Yep, there is no question about A#. I guess the form changed since 2006.

I dislike people hijacking threads. Anyway, why has the ex-wife stolen the passport? Is the guy a deadbeat ex-husband and is not paying alimony? How is he going to explain to the passport authorities that his ex-wife stole the passport? The whole thing seems fishy. It would seem to me that she is setting herself for some big trouble if he files charges.

Updating my passport issue. I took oath on Sep 20th and due my travel on Sept 23rd went to the San Francisco Passport Agency in-person and after setting up an appointment. They saw my travel itinerary (printed from the Airline's web site) and were able to issue the passport same day. My appt was at 9am, i picked up the passport after 3pm.

Good luck to everyone.

My question is for who applied at passport agency:

Does the passport agency need any documents such as tickets to show for applying in person except to have an an appointment?

Thanks for your reply.

My question is for who applied at passport agency:

Does the passport agency need any documents such as tickets to show for applying in person except to have an an appointment?

Thanks for your reply.
Passport agency service would only be used if you need passport same day or next day. They will ask for proof of travel (ex:airline tickets) within 14 days when you go for your appointment.

child travelling on NA3. mother GC holder

I am a green card holder,my child was born outside US.I traveled 2 months back to US ,immigration officials gave my child NA3 classification and said that her GC will come by post. there is no case no. which i can track.they stamp on her passbook which says admitted as NA3 (Permanent resident), Thats all.

Also, I am going to be naturalized by end of this month. So I want to make US passport for me and same time for my baby. So how can I provide the passport agency for her proof of residency in USA. Because I didn't receive the GC by mail yet. Also at the airport they gave me a photo copy of her record sheet. So how can I provide her proof residency to the passport office?
or does the passport agency require the Greencard for my child rather than the record sheet which i got it at the airport.

Please help me. Thanks alot.

I am a green card holder,my child was born outside US.I traveled 2 months back to US ,immigration officials gave my child NA3 classification and said that her GC will come by post. there is no case no. which i can track.they stamp on her passbook which says admitted as NA3 (Permanent resident), Thats all.

Also, I am going to be naturalized by end of this month. So I want to make US passport for me and same time for my baby. So how can I provide the passport agency for her proof of residency in USA. Because I didn't receive the GC by mail yet. Also at the airport they gave me a photo copy of her record sheet. So how can I provide her proof residency to the passport office?
or does the passport agency require the Greencard for my child rather than the record sheet which i got it at the airport.

Please help me. Thanks alot.

You can go on an Infopass and check progress on GC. They may stamp your child's passport with proper A# number.

I am not sure that alone will suffice for US passport of your child after your naturalization.