Two different resp about namecheck clearance? Who to trust Local DO or the 800 numbe

lightrain

Registered Users (C)
On my last visit to the local DO with an Infopass, I was told by the IO that it is better to call the local DO and not the 800 number for the exact status of the case for all future inquiries . At that time, I was told by the DO that my case is under background check. That was in July 2007. In November I called the local DO over the phone and was given the same response. TODAY, when I called the local DO, after putting me on hold for a few minutes , told me that all my background checks are cleared and my file is on the way from the VSC. She said that it will take 2 to 3 months before the interview is scheduled. She said that April is all booked so may be May or June.

Well, after confirming that news and having the local DO repeat that information to me atleast three times, I decided to call the national 800 number. The first customer service person transferred me to the next level so that a service request may be issued. I did not ask for the service request but I asked the guy about the status of my case and he said that the background check is still pending and that my file is still at VSC. This is the same info I got from the first lady before I was transferred to the next level of the 800 number.

Now my question is who to trust. The local DO or the 800 number....

Help is needed.
Thanks

PD 11/14/ 2006
FP12/05/2006
IL? ??????
Service Center : VSC

Local DO

On my last visit to the local DO with an Infopass, I was told by the IO that it is better to call the local DO and not the 800 number for the exact status of the case for all future inquiries . At that time, I was told by the DO that my case is under background check. That was in July 2007. In November I called the local DO over the phone and was given the same response. TODAY, when I called the local DO, after putting me on hold for a few minutes , told me that all my background checks are cleared and my file is on the way from the VSC. She said that it will take 2 to 3 months before the interview is scheduled. She said that April is all booked so may be May or June.

Well, after confirming that news and having the local DO repeat that information to me atleast three times, I decided to call the national 800 number. The first customer service person transferred me to the next level so that a service request may be issued. I did not ask for the service request but I asked the guy about the status of my case and he said that the background check is still pending and that my file is still at VSC. This is the same info I got from the first lady before I was transferred to the next level of the 800 number.

Now my question is who to trust. The local DO or the 800 number....

Help is needed.
Thanks

PD 11/14/ 2006
FP12/05/2006
IL? ??????
Service Center : VSC

LOCAL DO without a doubt. You should hear some good news regarding your IL in the mail pretty soon. Don't trust these idiots at cust service.

I'll give you an example may be that will give you an idea. I called cust service on Thu afternoon to check on my wife's interview letter. They said, I need to wait another 6 months and my wife's case is still pending. Guess what? The next day on Fri afternoon I get a call from my attorney's office to let me know that they just received my wife's interview letter in the mail & she is scheduled for second week of May. Interesting, isn't it?

Atlanta brother, can you give me the dallas DO's phone number?
Is there a web site/s that have all the current information? I found one but the dallas DO number was old/notworking.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You

LOCAL DO without a doubt. You should hear some good news regarding your IL in the mail pretty soon. Don't trust these idiots at cust service.

AtlantaBrother,
You are still hanging in there? I thought you are done and clear. I still remember when you got your 2nd FP and were all stressed out.

Well, goodluck in life.

Thank you for hanging in there and keeping our morale up. I appreciate it.

Lighttrain where did you get this number from? Any web site that has all the DO's number? Thanks.:)

Look up the profile of a user named oroper. In his signature, there's a link to the list of phone numbers for every DO.

Wife's GC interview

AtlantaBrother,
You are still hanging in there? I thought you are done and clear. I still remember when you got your 2nd FP and were all stressed out.

Well, goodluck in life.

Thank you for hanging in there and keeping our morale up. I appreciate it.

Hey lightrain,

How you doing? Yes I am still hanging out here. My wife's GC case is still pending. Recently received her IL for second week of May. Let's hope she gets approved. This was one of my major reasons to get my citizenship so I can sponsor her & file her AOS right away as well without having to wait for so many years.