TSC May Tracker

No Title

Yes it is bad timing and bad luck. The bad luck is always with me.

They enter the RD as the date of Fed Ex. Is it true?

But the good news is that all of these applicants are sure to pass 180 days. It just takes 2 months for SC to issue RD & ND. It will take a while to open the files.

No Title

Thanks Vettipuls
Also, my observation is that ND is approx. two weeks after Rd. So in this cas eof huge back log,(or front log of mails) will the ND be close to RD?

IS there a significance of ND? Is RD important or ND? And in what cases ND is tracked?

My another name is "ignorant" (apart from unlucky)

No Title

Hi psvgc and others,

I am glad you made through 485 stage. My 485 was filed in VSC even though my labour and 140 got approved at TSC. My lawyer insisted that I should file with VSC since the place where I live falls under VSC jurisdiction. Anyway looks like TSC is much better in issuing new 485 receipts than VSC. VSC is issuing 485 receipts filed around april 10th. It seems that there is a serious frontlog problems with all the service centers in the country due to 245i and contractors. They are issuing receipts for h1 transfer and RFE\'s faster than new 485 applications.

Good luck with your 485 processing.

Crapshooter.

No Title

My priority date is Nov \'98. I had to wait until I finished 3yrs of J1waiver and now I am getting ready to file I485. Will my application be processed faster as the priority date is \'98 or it will be processed based on application receipt date.
Any information is appreciated.

No Title

Priority date is only to determine if you can file 485 or not. Once it is current and you file, your RD(Receipt Date) is what matters. PD does not come into the picture at all. Hope this helps.

No Title

Thanks for the info. I will be filing I485 with TSC. Any ideas how long this is going to take for EB2 category?

No Title

It doesn\'t matter which category you file under..they are all the same. Takes approximately 2 years from your RD(receipt date).

No Title

ANy new updates on May filings! Please post as this delay was unseen in the past... jut to obtain a receipt?

No Title

My AOS, AP, EAD was filed on 05/04 No Receipt yeeeeet....

Did anybody filing for the same after me get receipt??

Plz.. Plzzzz...... respond with ur details so I can @#$% my lawyer..

Somebody help this TSC... any volenteers to do their job?

No Title

Thanks for the info. Can u tell the exact date when u/ur lawyer send ur papers for AOS to TSC? and also when did TSC receive ur papers?

No Title

Lawer says May-30. i dont know when TSC recieved it. accourding to
the form i recieved it says 6/1 and RD 6/20.it also says it takes
240-365 days for decision.is it the general times all will recieve ?
(i know it takes a long time)

No Title

longGC, any news about the receipt dates for May filers. Looks like some June applicants have received the receipt...

No Title

Guys, please join and send letters to your senators. The sample letter was posted by BK as follows, and addresses can be found by going to congress.org. Getting receipt is just the beginning of the torture. TSC is still at 7/99 for several months. That means 5/01 filers could wait for 3 yrs until you get GC. If we want do something about it, why don\'t we start now!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: Request for your assistance to make TSC more efficient like other Service centers.

Texas Service Center (TSC) I-485 Waiter
July 8, 2001

Dear Senator (name):

I, one of the (77,000+) I-485 (Adjustment of Status) Applicants in the Texas Service Center would like to inform your office about the major disparity in the I-485 processing time in the TSC - Texas Service Center compared to all other centers ( CSC – California Service Center, VSC – Vermont Service Center, NSC – Nebraska Service Center)
Various Processing reports for all the service centers indicate that Texas Service Center is the slowest. The TSC is still working on July 1999 cases. This has been the same for over 6 months. Other Service centers have been working to cut down the processing time to within the 180 day INS processing time target since late last year.

Listed below are the processing times in various service centers:

VSC - Currently processing cases filed in August 2000.
NSC - Currently processing cases filed in August 2000
CSC - Currently processing cases filed in February 2001
TSC - Currently processing cases filed in July 1999

As a direct comparison, CSC and TSC regularly handle about the same number of cases.
So there is no reason why TSC cannot adjudicate cases faster than they currently are.
Although, we know that processing times in the four service centers cannot be exactly identical, we do however feel that TSC can do better.

We know that in the past, individuals have contacted your office regarding their individual cases, but we feel that it is time to collectively express our dilemma, frustrations and concerns with the manner in which our cases are being handled.
Most of us have been waiting patiently for a decision from TSC for almost 2 years, but haven’t heard anything so far. Our fingerprints are expiring or already expired.
For those of us who filed employment based immigrant application, we are constantly living in fear of losing our jobs in this current delicate economy.

We therefore would like to ask for your assistance in appealing to Texas Service Center to adjudicate our I-485 cases in a more expeditious manner.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.