TSC July 2006 filers got stuck with NC

richshi

Registered Users (C)
I saw a post some time ago that FBI process NC by batch, if there are some undecided/unfinished case, then the who batch got held up. Sounds stupid and unbelievable to me.

But if you filed your case in July 2006, and got stuck by NC, then you are not alone. I noticed more than a few cases here who filed in July 2006, and stuck with NC.

Now post here if you fall that category.

Application mailed in July 2006 to Nebraska
485 Receipt Date from Texas Service Center August 31st 2006
Stuck in Namecheck since Sept 13th 2006 .
EB-2 Rest of the world (pd is usually current)
FP1 - Sept 19th 2006

I saw a post some time ago that FBI process NC by batch, if there are some undecided/unfinished case, then the who batch got held up. Sounds stupid and unbelievable to me.

But if you filed your case in July 2006, and got stuck by NC, then you are not alone. I noticed more than a few cases here who filed in July 2006, and stuck with NC.

Now post here if you fall that category.

Same here - filed I-485 and I-140 concurrently on July 6th '06 at TSC (EB-2, ROW, PERM, priority date in March '06), got I-140 approval in less than two months and stuck in name check since then.
Senators wouldn't help, Congressman has inquired and got the FBI's "in processing" response this summer.
Will write to FL if nothing moves by mid. October. I do not believe it helps, but probably wouldn't hurt anyway.

My Application is only pending due to NC / Backgroud check.. from June 2005 with PD of 2001

I dont know how long to wait.. these FBI does not work properly I think.

FBI Image / Immpression created in Movies looks good REALITY is very different and very bad.

Me big time July'06 NC victim

Hi all,

Iam a victim of this NC. Just checkout my signature for details.

Warm regards,
Still

Did any of you try to find out status of your NC from FL/congressperson? Anyone planning to file WoM?

Yes and yes.
Congressman got a letter from FBI stating that the case is "in process" - whatever it means. I will write to FL next weekend if nothing moves.
Then, if two more weeks won't bring any changes, I'll start the WoM lawsuit preparation.

I tried to find out status of namecheck through
several people.
1)tried Senator .....Senator took about a month and half
to even send the inquiry to FBI (senator has backlog
I guess) and the namecheck status inquiry went to FBI
on August 31st .....no response yet ...asked to wait for
8 to 10 weeks.
2) tried congressman . He sent first inquiry in mid June
and asked to wait for 60 days. After 60 days, when
there was no response from FBI , he sent a second
inquiry to FBI about my namecheck status and
asked to wait for another 60 days. So far no response.
3) tried first lady's office. Sent letter to her on June 20th.
Got a response from FBI around 2 weeks ago (so I think
it took me 3 months to get response from FBI ).
the letter from fbi was something like this :-
FBI says "your letter to mrs george w bush
was forwared to DOJ and subsequently
referred to FBI for reply.
The namecheck program database
revealed that your request from USCIS was received by
us on Sept 13th 2006 and it currently in process.
An exact estimation as to when this will be completed
cannot be given ....". So no idea when they will finish...
some people have been cleared within month or two
after getting this type of letter and some people
have been still stuck for a year after getting this letter......
so i have no idea how this works.

EB2 row - PD is current ....stuck for more than a year due
to namecheck !!

Did any of you try to find out status of your NC from FL/congressperson? Anyone planning to file WoM?

14-18 months

Hi All,

Middle of last month when I had called up using the POJ technique, I was told "mine was quite ok" as I was only 13 months old and current norm was 2-3 years. I mean the NC delay. I also read somewhere 33 months was the wait-time number for FBI for defining "long" delay. All this was "unofficially" of-course.

Recently on another thread I read that an IO over phone has said that the current NC turn-around is 14-18 months. God alone knows what will happen.

End of Oct '07 I will complete 15 months in NC.
Wrote to Cong. man, Senator, and FL last week. I think the current resp. time for these is 3 months. So I expect a "in process" kind of resp. in the 1st week of Jan from FBI. By then my NC would be past 18 months.

My wife is due in Jan, hopefully our child will bring our GC when he/she will be born:)

There are a couple of guys with 485 RD in 2004/2005, compared to them we are nothing. But it is hard to hold on.

-Still

RIR/ India,EB2,PD :Nov 2001
I485 RD:May 2006
Stuck in Name check from July 2006

So far have written to almost all the folks Politician, Bureaucrats and VVIP members, surprising did receive response from pretty much everyone. But the net result is not what one would expect. This immigration saga has become a curse due to lot of expectation.

Namecheck hope

hi Cheeka,
my rd is also may 2006. as per my congress man the name check is cleared on sept. 19th. hopefully yours is also cleared in the same batch.
good luck:)

RIR/ India,EB2,PD :Nov 2001
I485 RD:May 2006
Stuck in Name check from July 2006

So far have written to almost all the folks Politician, Bureaucrats and VVIP members, surprising did receive response from pretty much everyone. But the net result is not what one would expect. This immigration saga has become a curse due to lot of expectation.

For me it is almost 22 month lag behind the NC and am still waiting optimistic!!!!

hope we see all get free soon

Hi All,

Middle of last month when I had called up using the POJ technique, I was told "mine was quite ok" as I was only 13 months old and current norm was 2-3 years. I mean the NC delay. I also read somewhere 33 months was the wait-time number for FBI for defining "long" delay. All this was "unofficially" of-course.

Recently on another thread I read that an IO over phone has said that the current NC turn-around is 14-18 months. God alone knows what will happen.

End of Oct '07 I will complete 15 months in NC.
Wrote to Cong. man, Senator, and FL last week. I think the current resp. time for these is 3 months. So I expect a "in process" kind of resp. in the 1st week of Jan from FBI. By then my NC would be past 18 months.

My wife is due in Jan, hopefully our child will bring our GC when he/she will be born:)

There are a couple of guys with 485 RD in 2004/2005, compared to them we are nothing. But it is hard to hold on.

-Still

count me in.eb-2 pd 2002.initially was stuck in labor back logs,got to file for 485 in nov 2006,till date no lud,i.o says n.c pending.

eb-2 dates are current for people with old pd's,but not many eb-2 approvals seen in the past few months,it was all about eb-3.i wonder what happened to eb-2 quota visa's,are they just giving them away for old filers eb-3 category,as their n.c are cleared,since they have filed long time ago?

18,000 visas given for eb-3 alone for india.i wonder where all these numbers came from.