TSC July 2006 filers got stuck with NC

NO hope with current PD

Mine NC is cleared as per FBI but IO saidit is not cleared.My wife NC is stillin process with PD 2001.No hope from USCIS.IO said they cant go further process until they get a cleard from FBI.No hope even the PD is current.

I am also in the same boat guys. See my details. It sucks big time. I contacted congress man in July. They tried contacting FBI and did not receive a response in 2 months. They have resubmitted the request again after 2 months have elapsed. I also have emailed Senator and FL, but no response yet.

Do we expect any LUD when USCIS update their computer on receiving name check status(from FBI, etc)

Thank you!

Hi All,

Middle of last month when I had called up using the POJ technique, I was told "mine was quite ok" as I was only 13 months old and current norm was 2-3 years. I mean the NC delay. I also read somewhere 33 months was the wait-time number for FBI for defining "long" delay. All this was "unofficially" of-course.

IT IS NOT UNOFFICIAL. USCIS OMBUNDSMAN HAD A RECOMMEDATION TO USCIS TO TAKE ACTION TO CLEAR THE NC FOR PEOPLE WHOSE NC HAD BEEN STUCK FOR MORE THAN 33 MONTHS. IF YOU CHECK CAREFULLY YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND THE DOCUMENT SOMEWHERE ON NET INDICATING THE SAME
Recently on another thread I read that an IO over phone has said that the current NC turn-around is 14-18 months. God alone knows what will happen.

THAT IS NOT THE CASE. MY FIRST NAME CHECK FOR EB-2 niw (NOT FINGERPRINTING RESULTS) WERE CLEARED IN 2 DAYS WHILE the 2nd NC FOR MY EB-1A BASED 485 FILED ON 22 FEB 2007 GOT CLEARED ON 26TH SEPT 2007. SO I BELIEVE IN MY CASE IN THE WORST CASE SCENERIO IT TOOK 7 MONTHS EVEN THOUGH THEY CLEARED FIRST ONE IN 2 DAYS.
End of Oct '07 I will complete 15 months in NC.
Wrote to Cong. man, Senator, and FL last week. I think the current resp. time for these is 3 months. So I expect a "in process" kind of resp. in the 1st week of Jan from FBI. By then my NC would be past 18 months.

My wife is due in Jan, hopefully our child will bring our GC when he/she will be born:)

There are a couple of guys with 485 RD in 2004/2005, compared to them we are nothing. But it is hard to hold on.

-Still

DONT WORRY SEE MY SIGNATURES, I AM ALSO WAITING

Last edited by a moderator:
Another one here

Wrote to FL in July 2007 and got reply from FBI this month "in process" . I mean it might be just sitting in their shelf .

FBI checks

As per my understanding there are two checks – one is name check and other background check. Usually name check will be cleared in two days – but the background check will take more time – years. I contacted FBI (phone no. available in web site) one month after FP. I was told my name check was cleared in two days. Also raised a AILA query and got response in Dec. – no records found. After this every time I contacted IO or Infopass the answer was ‘background check’ pending. Contacted Congress man and got a reply from FBI that my case was initiated on May .06 (soon after RD) and finalized on Sept.19.07 (14 months!). So my conclusion is these are two different checks – we need to worry only about background check.
Cheers

Your understanding is incorrect. NC may take years. Other background checks are comparitively faster.

Again FBI # would only disclose information about Finger print clearance information. There is one email of NNCP divison which no one responds to. Several people have received letters from FBI reporting that their name checks are in process even after years in waiting.

As per my understanding there are two checks – one is name check and other background check. Usually name check will be cleared in two days – but the background check will take more time – years. I contacted FBI (phone no. available in web site) one month after FP. I was told my name check was cleared in two days. Also raised a AILA query and got response in Dec. – no records found. After this every time I contacted IO or Infopass the answer was ‘background check’ pending. Contacted Congress man and got a reply from FBI that my case was initiated on May .06 (soon after RD) and finalized on Sept.19.07 (14 months!). So my conclusion is these are two different checks – we need to worry only about background check.
Cheers

Dull in Dallas, I think you are wrong. There are several background checks
done like
a)IBIS check (which is done everytime at port of entry)
b)fingerprint check
c)namecheck

a) and b) are very quick. c) ...the namecheck is the killer which could
take the longest. if any of the background checks are pending,
then immigration will tell you that "background check is pending".

congressman will normally tell you which of the background checks
in causing delay ....and for most of us it is "namecheck". When you
contacted FBI and they told you namecheck was cleared in two days ....
they probably meant fingerprint check. Fingerprint check is the one
which comes back in 48 hours. FBI never gives response to namecheck
to general public. They only respond to USCIS and other government
offices.

So I am pretty sure that your namecheck started in May 06 and completed
after 14 months .

Cheers

Dull in Dallas, I think you are wrong. There are several background checks
done like
a)IBIS check (which is done everytime at port of entry)
b)fingerprint check
c)namecheck

a) and b) are very quick. c) ...the namecheck is the killer which could
take the longest. if any of the background checks are pending,
then immigration will tell you that "background check is pending".

There is also IDENT check, but you are right, all other checks expect FBI namecheck are done within a few days, and they involve only electronic search on databases

One approval for June 2006 filers

The quoted are taken from a posting on a Chinese immigration forum:

"Oct, 14, 2007, Sunday, 9:30AM, as usual, I was checked my I-485 case status from the USCIS website which still says that my case has been pending since June 5, 2006. A surprise call came in with caller id: 202. It is a guy from USCIS. He told me that USCIS received a letter from a senator regarding to my FBI NC case. Then he said that my NC is actually cleared and my I-485 was approved on Oct, 11th, 2007 with card production ordered.

What a pleasant surprise!

Here is my case information:
Type: EB2
485 Filling date: June, 2006
Filling Office: TSC
Changed job on Jan, 2007

I have a very common name. So I know my NC might take longer than other people. However, like everyone else, I hate waiting. Inspired by the movie “ The Shawshank Redemption” (remember how that ex-banker get money for his little library project in the prison? ). 6 months after my I-485 has been filled and was informed NC pending. I came up with my own redemption plan. The plan is simple: Sending letter to various people to ask for help. The following 11 persons/offices have been bothered by me constantly:

First lady
Senator Dianne Feinstein
Senator Barbara Boxer
Congresswoman Anna G. Eshoo
FBI San Francisco Local office
FBI Michael Chertoff
FBI Robert Mueller
FBI Record processing Management Division
FBI Michael A. Cannon
FBI William L. Hooton
CIS Ombudsman

In the beginning, I sent written letters to them once per months. Start from this May, I sent letters to them once per week. Starting from this Sep, I sent them letter twice per week.

In each letter, my first line is always:
Dear XXX:
My name is XXX, This is Xth letter I have written to you regarding to the delayed FBI Name Check issue of my Adjustment of Status petition with USCIS

In the beginning, people like CIS Ombudsman, my senators and FBI tried to reply all my letters, but since this May, they can not catch with my frequency. Some of them actually called me to ask me to wait instead of sending them letters every week!

But I did not stop. I believe the only possible way for me to get my NC expedited is to arouse enough attention to those people. I don’t care if my letters were thrown into their garbage bin. I have the energy to write. My plan was to write them everyday staring from 2008. Then by June, 2008, if my NC is still not get cleared. I will sue FBI and USCIS.

I pre-prepared shipping labels and complaint letter templates. Therefore, write a letter, print , sign, put in envelope and stamp it only take a 2 mins. For 11 letterss, it takes me only around half an hour to prepare and ship them. So it is not that a big deal to me.

2 month ago, some of the people/offices I wrote to told me that they will expedite my NC for me and ask me to stop writing to them. Finally. My NC was cleared and this morning’s phone call for USCIS is my reward. I smelled freedom this morning.

I will write my last letter to each of the 11 people after I receive my plastic card saying my sincere appreciation for their helps. "

Congratulations to the fella who really worked himself out of the nc mess.

my NC got cleared last week. I got a mail from my congressman and senator on the same day. Contacted both of them in July, don't know who really helped.