TSC I485 Tracker in May 04

Hi, Guru;

Is there any way to avoid the 250 limits to scan? How do you do with the same IP address to scan?

Please share your expertise here.

Huhu03
I-485 ND: 05/01/2002
FP: 04/16/2003
3 EAD, 2AP, 3rd AP waiting?

Saving of freedom file

Could you please save the freedom file as file type "Microsoft 97-2002 & 5.0/95 workbook". I believe that would enable more people to save the file and help with the re-scanning.

Or am I the only one still having problems saving the file.

Please let me know.

scanned March 02. May approval count = 286. Can't discern a pattern of approvals. There are later filers with earlier FP, later filers with later FP approved, but earlier filers with earlier FP who are still waiting.......jungle fairness I guess :eek:

One suggestion is to save this file on a yahoo briefcase account (say 485tsc@yahoo.com with a published passwd??) so people need not worry about the 2 mb limit on this forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Groan,
Can you elaborate on that a bit. Is it that we create a yahoo account and just send the file to that account and share the password.

Do you mind sending me a PM or activate your PM so that I could send a PM to you.

Also Braves2003, Joemama, koula . Is it Ok if we would like to send a PM to you. If it is please change your profile to include send/ recieve PM

Thanks
--pr

Moving out

What I am interpreting from Groan's message is one of us opens a account on Yahoo say "485tsc" and then he/she loads the files into http://briefcase.yahoo........

Whoever wishes to receive the consolidated file or access the consolidated file should send a PM to Me/Pradha/Patiencelesstx/Picsarus/Suny.
I have already sent PMs to Laava,GCCare and few others waiting for their response.
I tried sending pms to Braves2003,joemama,Khoula but couldn't can you guys send either of us PM or allow to receive PMs

sorry guys with all the issues we are having
1> Filesize 2> 250 limit 3> Excel crashing, we think we have to move out of posting the files on this forum and come up with better ideas.

I have fixed my options to accept PM.

The yahoo briefcase is a start, but it has 2 drawbacks (based on my thinking)

1. Only those with the password can upload a scanned file.
2. If everyone is given the password, then some people can delete files at will.

What I'm thinking is a web-based interface that allows everyone to upload files and displays links to the last 5 485 scan files, but cannot delete files. Then only the project owner (goastros ??) can delete files, but everyone can upload it.

I have a prototype built using PHP. I just need to find a free PHP host with a great bandwidth limit : around 500 MB... I'd probably need a week for this..... too many things at work.... Guys with host info, post. Or maybe yahoo groups can do something similar.

TSC 485 Processing progress report

From Date To Date Processing Date Comments
1/1/2003 5/15/2003 11/1/2000 Took 5 months to process 30 Days Applications
5/15/2003 8/15/2003 12/1/2000 Took 3 months to process 30 Days Applications
8/15/2003 10/15/2003 1/23/2001 Took 3 months to process 54 Days Applications
10/15/2003 11/30/2003 2/1/2001 Took 1.5 months to process 9 Days Applications
11/30/2003 1/15/2004 4/16/2001 Took 1.5 months to process 75 Days Applications
1/15/2004 2/15/2004 5/23/2001 Took 1 month to process 38 Days Applications
2/15/2004 2/29/2004 6/13/2001 Took .5 month to process 21 Days Applications

2/29/2004 3/15/2004 7/16/2001 Took .66 month (20 days) to process 33 Days

3/15/2004 03/30/2004 8/21/2001 Took .5 (15 days) month to process 35 days.
03/30/2004 04/15/2004 9/17/2001 Took .5 (15 days) month to process 27 days
04/15/2004 05/01/2004 11/15/2001 Took .5 month to process to 58 days
05/01/2004 05/15/2004 01/02/2002 Took .5 month to process 48 days

Rescan of 03-070, New approvals and lots of activity

Guys please replace this file on the consolidated file.

I will try to rescan other range from Jan and Feb 03.

I'll post new files here as I scan. I have excel 2000 ie why I can't add myself.

Thanks.
IndianInDallas.

IndianInDallas said:
Guys please replace this file on the consolidated file.

I will try to rescan other range from Jan and Feb 03.

I'll post new files here as I scan. I have excel 2000 ie why I can't add myself.

Thanks.
IndianInDallas.

Hi, IndianInDallas,

How would you be able to overcome 250 limit ? Will you show the rest of us or at least me so I can help some ?

xjb, indianindallas - if you refer to the 1st page abt my instructions
check the point no 9.
9> You can use proxy servers if you would like to scan more on the same day. You can get some proxies for free if you search internet eg:-
www.atomintersoft.com

To change proxy open internet explorer or other browser. Goto Menu
Tools..Internet options...Connections...Lan Settings...click Use proxy and then enter Ip address and port info say ok and repeat from step 4.

Usually i use Bess proxies or US or EDu proxies, and see their uptime.
any above 95% is usually good.
Now remember by using proxy, your access will be lot slower.

Also , by the way, this particular project has been moved to another yahoogroup.
if you like to join the address is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tsc485/
alternatively you can also send me or Pradha a Pm and one of us can guide u

By the way this is my message no 1000.... i need to get approved soon or get a life... :D

Thanks and suggestions

I discovered this forum only a couple of months ago...didn't get around to registering and posting here..
Great job you guys!!!
Thanks for all the work you folks have put in over what seems like a long period of time...
May I make few suggestions here..
- Could we please post the Summary sheets (summary, chart and count) separately as well? I don't know about the rest of you but that's what I am most interested in.
- Can we trim down the size of the consolidated spreadsheet by eliminating the older data? My suggestion is have data from 'T-30days' to present (where T is the current TSC processing date). If 30 days have past, you need to contact the CIS anyway, so this data doesn't provide much help. This will also help concentrate all the valuable volunteer efforts on the most active period.
- I checked the immigrationwatch.com site. They mention that there are 65000+ cases in 2003 alone and in the spreadsheet we have 64K+ spanning over 2 years... This means we are missing roughly 50% cases in the active region of 2002... Is there a way to concentrate on getting the list of 485 numbers updated for a few days/weeks rather than status updates.

Yes, I haven't yet contributed any scans to this forum yet, but will start shortly...

Once agin, Great job!!! Keep it up!

Disclaimer : My ID entitles me to be ignorant and stupid :)

--------------
ND - Jan 03
Spouse's FP - Sep 03
Primary FP - Jan 04

I just rescned 02-130 range and of course stopped twice. From the only 84 scaned records I can tell that this range was last touched on 5/15/04. Maybe the officer assigned for is on vacation...?

I planed to scan more but denied due to toomany accesses. Don't fully understand how proxies will help yet.

MrManager said:
I discovered this forum only a couple of months ago...didn't get around to registering and posting here..
Great job you guys!!!
Thanks for all the work you folks have put in over what seems like a long period of time...
May I make few suggestions here..
- Could we please post the Summary sheets (summary, chart and count) separately as well? I don't know about the rest of you but that's what I am most interested in.
- Can we trim down the size of the consolidated spreadsheet by eliminating the older data? My suggestion is have data from 'T-30days' to present (where T is the current TSC processing date). If 30 days have past, you need to contact the CIS anyway, so this data doesn't provide much help. This will also help concentrate all the valuable volunteer efforts on the most active period.
- I checked the immigrationwatch.com site. They mention that there are 65000+ cases in 2003 alone and in the spreadsheet we have 64K+ spanning over 2 years... This means we are missing roughly 50% cases in the active region of 2002... Is there a way to concentrate on getting the list of 485 numbers updated for a few days/weeks rather than status updates.

Yes, I haven't yet contributed any scans to this forum yet, but will start shortly...

Sure Mr.Manager, everyone would like to see the summary sheet, graph and get the Big picture.
We have now split the file and it is being posted at a different site since because of space issues we have problems posting here.
I always have doubts abt the source of info for immigrationwatch.com but still most of us are well aware the data is incomplete. We will move closer to complete data if more and more people scan data and most importantly post
their sheets, so they can be included in the consolidated sheet.

goastros said:
xjb, indianindallas - if you refer to the 1st page abt my instructions
check the point no 9.
9> You can use proxy servers if you would like to scan more on the same day. You can get some proxies for free if you search internet eg:-
www.atomintersoft.com

To change proxy open internet explorer or other browser. Goto Menu
Tools..Internet options...Connections...Lan Settings...click Use proxy and then enter Ip address and port info say ok and repeat from step 4.

Usually i use Bess proxies or US or EDu proxies, and see their uptime.
any above 95% is usually good.
Now remember by using proxy, your access will be lot slower.

Also , by the way, this particular project has been moved to another yahoogroup.
if you like to join the address is http://yahoogroups.com/485tsc
alternatively you can also send me or Pradha a Pm and one of us can guide u

By the way this is my message no 1000.... i need to get approved soon or get a life... :D

I like to join this particular project, how ? what's Pm ? Confused

Good Number April Approval Since last scan

Team,
I found more than 21 new approvals and many RFEs and transfers for the date 04/02/02. Let us do more scanning activity and find the current trend.