TSC Distinguished Club

asylee123 said:
Minsk,

I forgot to mention that the form you are talking about is Freedom Of Information Act form. FBI says that people requesting the status of name check with FIOA may get an answer that the check is complete, however in reality this may not be so, because of the way name checks are performed.
In case you are not aware, most name checks are performed within 72 hours. They take your name, and they keep running and re-running it while changing the sequence of your First Name, Middle Name, and Last name. Then they run a phonetic name check to see if there are names that are spelt similarly, etc .etc. If there is no record, then you are done. If there is a hit, the FBI will look at your file manually, which may take between 30-120 days.

Oh I see... Then how to find out? Through a congress person?

Fbi Name Check................................

asylee123 said:
Minsk,

I forgot to mention that the form you are talking about is Freedom Of Information Act form. FBI says that people requesting the status of name check with FIOA may get an answer that the check is complete, however in reality this may not be so, because of the way name checks are performed.
In case you are not aware, most name checks are performed within 72 hours. They take your name, and they keep running and re-running it while changing the sequence of your First Name, Middle Name, and Last name. Then they run a phonetic name check to see if there are names that are spelt similarly, etc .etc. If there is no record, then you are done. If there is a hit, the FBI will look at your file manually, which may take between 30-120 days.

I feel like in CSI alreday! :D
that's a really good other explantion for what's been happening whit TSC. I haven't done anything yet to inquire about my case with USCIS, but if I just could find the way to do it;i'll be more than happy to try out at least this option and see if that speed up my case. :cool:

Actually 380,000 of pending name checks is not as much as it it sounds, considering the amount of currently pending I-485 forms based on different classes of admission (not only asylum).

i'm one month ahead of you, my mother is seriously ill and i can't go see her,
i have been considering lately going back to COP to see her and whatever happens happens. fudge the UCIS and fudge every single officer there.
they all are nothing but unfair pieces of crap and no matter what happens they still don't respond.

Still Waiting and Waiting !!!!!!

HISTORY:

I485 after Assylum
Asylum Granted: Oct/03/2002
BioCode 1: July/15/02
I-485 Notification Date(ND): Dec-2003
BioCode2: Mar-2004
Transferred to TSC: Nov-03-2005
Request For Intital Evidence (RFI): Nov-14-05
RFI: Dec-05-2005(I-693, and G-325A)
RFI Received by TSC: Dec-14-2005
BioCode3: April/05/06
LUD: (04/05/06--04/06/06--04/08/06--05/19/06)
InfoPass: July/07/06: Said that there is nothing they can do, but told me that they received FBI clearance on April/08 and April/18/06.

Approval: PENDING:
On December 14, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

After Info Pass I sent a letter to the Obdusman, and also hired a lawyer who sent a letter requestion action on my case. Hope any of the above could help in expediting the process.

Anybody has any idea or recommendation ? :confused: :mad:

Minsk said:
Interesting... Then what all those LUD changes were about? And why does it take so long to make a name check? A person whether has a bad record or doesn't. Bureaucracy in this country sucks big time!

Minsk,

Yes, I found this out through a congressman's office.

Being in name check pending status is not really a matter of having a bad record though. It is a matter of possible match with a person in whom FBI is interested. Although I do not expect this to drag for longer than 4 months, it explains the reason of my case not being approved or updated for now almost 2 months.

I've attached the file that some may find informative. If you scroll down and look under EXPLANATION OF THE CENTRAL RECORD SYSTEM, paragraph 11 you will see the detailed explanation of name check. If you keep going down you will see headings RESOLUTION DATE and USCIS NAME CHECK REQUESTS. This should give you enough information.

So I called TSC and asked if I was stuck in the name check/security clearance problem. Anyways she asked for my A# and checked my case and she said I wasnt stuck in name check. She said eveything was fine and I should just wait until a officer gets to my case.

I used the method below to get in touch with TSC, I also have a SRC receipt number which I used.
1-800-375-5283---select 1—select 2—select 6—select 1—enter your SRC number—select 1---select 3—and select 4 to speak to a TSC representative.

taurusborn said:
So I called TSC and asked if I was stuck in the name check/security clearance problem. Anyways she asked for my A# and checked my case and she said I wasnt stuck in name check. She said eveything was fine and I should just wait until a officer gets to my case.

I used the method below to get in touch with TSC, I also have a SRC receipt number which I used.
1-800-375-5283---select 1—select 2—select 6—select 1—enter your SRC number—select 1---select 3—and select 4 to speak to a TSC representative.

Where did you get SRC number? I have just LIN # and I was transferred to Nebraska.

Check my sig. My case was transfered to TSC on 08/26/05 and I was given a SRC#. Fast forward to Jan. 2006, my case was transfered again but this time the LIN# was used. So I have 2 rececipt numbers.

taurusborn said:

1-800-375-5283---select 1—select 2—select 6—select 1—enter your SRC number—select 1---select 3—
PHP:
and select 4 to speak to a TSC representative

My dear, just now I tried 2 times to contact the TSC representative according to your "calling sequence". In fact, up to the step the automated machine reads the information " On such and such date we received your evidence for more information , blah, balh.........." there is no choice of touching key #4 as you said in the above. Would you please recheck that and tell me again?

coolguy_11 said:
My dear, just now I tried 2 times to contact the TSC representative according to your "calling sequence". In fact, up to the step the automated machine reads the information " On such and such date we received your evidence for more information , blah, balh.........." there is no choice of touching key #4 as you said in the above. Would you please recheck that and tell me again?

My dear if u just wait until the message is done then press the button it will work.

I got transfer to NSC intead of TSC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Minsk said:
Where did you get SRC number? I have just LIN # and I was transferred to Nebraska.

I tryed the secuence too, but got transfer like you to NSC :( , and like normally those nice guys did not give any information besides what website says,,,,, :mad: . I even ask them to transfer me to TSC, and they said they can't and i'll get same info from TSC. They recommended to writhe a letter inquiring about my case............................... GOD! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!.... :confused:

masylee said:
I tryed the secuence too, but got transfer like you to NSC :( , and like normally those nice guys did not give any information besides what website says,,,,, :mad: . I even ask them to transfer me to TSC, and they said they can't and i'll get same info from TSC. They recommended to writhe a letter inquiring about my case............................... GOD! WHAT A NIGHTMARE!.... :confused:

hmmm, I dont know if this number is different from the 800# but u could try it 214 381-1423.

taurusborn said:
hmmm, I dont know if this number is different from the 800# but u could try it 214 381-1423.

I just talked to Nebraska and the lady said that the only way to get connected to them is by using SRC # as you did. There is no other way - the direct number has been disconnected and peoplein Nebraska are not able to tranfer us over because this is the way their system is set up. Mess as in any federal agancy. :rolleyes:

Privacy Act Waiver

I got my document with the privacy act waiver form to send tomorow to my congressman to see if at least I'll be able to get any information about real status of my TSC case. I know that this inquire from a congressman wont speed up my case or get it resolve, but I expect to stop guessing about my case actual status (FBI name check, IO sleeping on my case folder :p , TSC checking my grand/grand/grand.....mother's blode type :D .whatever is going on with my process), Well at least i hope so...................... :confused:

masylee said:
I got my document with the privacy act waiver form to send tomorow to my congressman to see if at least I'll be able to get any information about real status of my TSC case. I know that this inquire from a congressman wont speed up my case or get it resolve, but I expect to stop guessing about my case actual status (FBI name check, IO sleeping on my case folder :p , TSC checking my grand/grand/grand.....mother's blode type :D .whatever is going on with my process), Well at least i hope so...................... :confused:

Masylee, where did you get this form? Through your congressman? May be if we start sending those inquiries it'll make tSC people work faster...

Minsk said:
Masylee, where did you get this form? Through your congressman? May be if we start sending those inquiries it'll make tSC people work faster...

well, i just checked the representatives website www.house.gov. Then I typed my complete zip-code. it showed me the representative for my particuliar area. The one the i'm going to contact is from florida and has a own website.Once i got to his website, I clicked services/ then federal assistence/ then inmmigration/ then the option for inquire about cases. i filled the form ,then i printed and just have to attach the documents that i want to send.
his website says that i can send this form by fax, but just to make sure i'll be sending ti by express mail tomorrow. I'm not sure, but i guess that all the reprentatives have a website where you can fill-up this form or download. In case that hi/she does'nt have a website, just call their office to have them mail it to you or just go by and pick it up. :cool:
I hope this can help you. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
masylee said:
well, i just checked the representatives website www.house.gov. Then I typed my complete zip-code. it showed me the representative for my particuliar area. The one the i'm going to contact is from florida and has a own website.Once i got to his website, I clicked services/ then federal assistence/ then inmmigration/ then the option for inquire about cases. i filled the form ,then i printed and just have to attach the documents that i want to send.
his website says that i can send this form by fax, but just to make sure i'll be sending ti by express mail tomorrow. I'm not sure, but i guess that all the reprentatives have a website where you can fill-up this form or download. In case that hi/she does'nt have a website, just call their office to have them mail it to you or just go by and pick it up. :cool:
I hope this can help you. :)

What kind of documents are you gonna send?