TSC-800 number

Kanu2000

Registered Users (C)
Our 485 received date is Jan 2001. We are still waiting on name check from FBI.

Last few days, we are getting a message "due to temporary problem we can not access your case status ...." message when we try to check status by calling 800 number.

Does anyone come across this?

Also, any suggestion on name check? I have sent email to fbi name checkm address. This has been 2 months. No reply. I have faxed FOI.. letter, and still waiting.

Total frustration.....

I read in this forum that the phone system is not updated with all messages, does your online message say: "we responded to your request for more information blah blah blah"?
Try using another receipt # like EAD or AP, then choose the optoin for case separated, this should connect you to TSC. They will help you out from there.
How did you know about pending name check. I talked to TSC once (using the case separeted option) and they told me my name check is clear. However, there is no approval

'too_long' is right

I believe In their system they have limited voice msgs, and since they start new msg like "We responed ur request concerning about blah blha" (that most ppl found onilne becz they update their address/or send query). ppl have the similar msg the standared msg is online but on phone it says error in system or temp blah blah, becz I believe they don't have voice msg eqvualent for that msg. my msg was same when I changed address. and they updated thier system and on phone it always say error or temp blah blah. so don't worry about that msg.

How to talk TSC directly.

Suggestions:

1. Talk Directly to TSC , use regular customer server no on receipt, and call them since u have issue with 485 receipt to hear msg (error in system), use either ur EAD or other any applicaiotn previously u have. (I used my OLD EAD receipt to connect directly), when u hear the status, u have option to go further more option, and one of option they would ask "IF YOU have Multiple applcaion" select that option and that connect to TSC directly, there is a nice lady who picks up phone , be nice with her, talk politley with her on ur concerns. and I found her very helpful her. see what they say.

And about Namecheck, check this out. or u may wirte regular mail to them but before, I would like u to read and und the procedure/ and what other ppl are doing.

FBI Fingerprint Status (304) 625-2000
FBI Name Check Status (Main Line) (202) 324-3625
FBI NNCP Public Inquiry Voice Line (202) 324 2399
FBI Name Check Inquiry Fax (202) 324-3367 (Mention Name/DOB/A#/Ph#/Addr#/Email/Fax)
FBI NNCP Analyst Diane Berger – (202) 324 0680 (Do not nag the analysts)
FBI NNCP Supervisor Renee Morton – Call the FBI main line and ask for this person.
FOIPA Contact Person Debbie Beatty (202) 324 6182
FOIPA Fax Inquiry (202)-324-3752

William L Hooton
Assistant Director, Records Management Division
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Room 11703
935 Pennsylvania Avenue N.W
Washington DC 20535-0001

Cut and Paste FOIPA form
http://foia.fbi.gov/privacy_request.pdf
FBI NNCP (National Name Check Process) email address..
FBINNCP@ic.fbi.gov
Sum Total of Useful Links
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/hardy102303.htm
http://www.fbi.gov/congress/congress03/garrity071003.htm
http://www.house.gov/science/hearings/full04/feb25/garrity.pdf
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl48639866d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
8&selm=Es7Lb.85895%24I07.420177%40attbi_s53 _(Search google groups for
postings by aurora for name check info)

Name Check usefull links... U must read

http://www.immigration.com/faq/uscitizen.html#219
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8181
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10678

Note: Before u send letter always check the latest supervisor/Asst Director/ Director name of Name check division from their web site.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you Know the Name Check is Pending?

Kanu2000 said:
Our 485 received date is Jan 2001. We are still waiting on name check from FBI.

Last few days, we are getting a message "due to temporary problem we can not access your case status ...." message when we try to check status by calling 800 number.

Does anyone come across this?

Also, any suggestion on name check? I have sent email to fbi name checkm address. This has been 2 months. No reply. I have faxed FOI.. letter, and still waiting.

Total frustration.....

Dear Kanu2000, I can understand yur frustations. I am a 2001 Filer and had 485 RFE replied on 3/9/20005 and just want to know how one cames to know if the Name Check is Pending ??

Appreciate your Reply.

are you also a 2001 filer? yr signiture shows 140/485 : RD => 07/16/2003
i am surprised with the number of 2001 filers still around

I am a 2003 Filer

too_long said:
are you also a 2001 filer? yr signiture shows 140/485 : RD => 07/16/2003
i am surprised with the number of 2001 filers still around

TOO_LONG.
Sorry, my PD is Jab 2002. I am a 2003 485 Filer.

Fellas,

My PD is Jan-2002 w/I-485 filed in Sept-2004. I have also sent email/fax for Name check in march and no reply yet. I have also called TSC about the same, no response.

Just curious on why we are doing it.
Okay, FBI might comeback and say name check is pending or they haven't received request or they might say name check was completed on so and so date probably after 3 or 4 months.

What next? It does not mean anything as long as the file is still pending in TSC. We do not have any control or can't dictate anything. Right?

So, why are we all doing it (including myself). ;-)

Am I am missing anything, any opnions???

well, with your RD 2004 there is really no reason to see if your name check has cleared, and hopefully you wont need to. For those of us who have applications pending for about 4 years, we need to know where our files are stuck, are they lost in some FBI office, or the inbox of a retired immigration officer at TSC

Ask advice!!

My case:

PD: Aug-2001 ( China, EB2/RIR)

Labor(Atlanta) approved: 10/04
140/485/EAD/AP: received 01/18/2005
140/AP/EAD: approved 02/2005
FP( both my wife and me): 06/2005, code 2
2nd FP( only my wife): 03/2006, code 3

485==??

Call 1-800 number from Jan,( they only handle your call 60 days after sending the trace notice) and get 3 trace notice, all saying: "Your case has been delayed due to security check, we have no definite date at this time".

I am frustrated and totally lost. Do I need to follow with FBI now or still wait some time? ( my wife though that if you called too many times will further delay the case.)

Please advice and thanks in advance.

:mad: :confused:

I have been researching on the internet and calling few people, even FBI. FBI celarly denies giving out any status information directly. They suggest to call the concerned agency. This is a big loop they have created to prevent us from knowing the status. I have lost hope but I plan to keep these people bugging. Someone good in immigration issues, suggested to me, to setup infopass appointment every month and talk cool and calmly to the officer for status. Like tom hanks in the movie "the terminal". This month you wont get answer, next month no answer, then next month, then next month, but then some officer will realize and do something for the case..

The only option those agency will understand now, I think, is a lawsuit. We need to unite and file a cummulative lawsuit. Is there someone willing to take head on and lead us through? Does anyone have close and good relations with his/her lawyer to find out what is it involved to do such a lawsuit? Also the monetary part and the time it would take.

Thanks.

gclabor said:
Fellas,

My PD is Jan-2002 w/I-485 filed in Sept-2004. I have also sent email/fax for Name check in march and no reply yet. I have also called TSC about the same, no response.

Just curious on why we are doing it.
Okay, FBI might comeback and say name check is pending or they haven't received request or they might say name check was completed on so and so date probably after 3 or 4 months.

What next? It does not mean anything as long as the file is still pending in TSC. We do not have any control or can't dictate anything. Right?

So, why are we all doing it (including myself). ;-)

Am I am missing anything, any opnions???
Good question..?
I am basically doing it ..hoping that one fine day my request will be picked up by a reasonable person and understand the problem and try to solve it!
Also..some of my friends do not care at all..they don't even check the status online! For such folks it is okay..to sit back and relax..whereas for me it is bugging all the time..so keep googling..find something new and target it!
Lawsuit is a good option..but I am not sure how far it helps for I485 cases..may be useful for those who are waiting for more than 2 years..I will think about it ..if my name check is not cleared by this Nov. If we hire an attorney..it will be expensive..we can do it on our own..with help from those who have successfully sued!
Good luck to everyone!