Trinidad to India Via Canada. Do I need VisitiorVisa?

amitpatel316

Hello guys,

I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on F1 Visa which is yet not expired. My employer did my H1B and I was supposed to go to Trinidad for business visit. Now I cannot go back to USA anymore as I have to get my H1B Visa stamped.

I am trying to find flying routes that will go from Trinidad to India NOT VIA USA. Two options that I see is I have to fly through UK(London) or Canada(Toronto) and get my connecting flight(Hopefully its all the way thru checked in) from there.

My questions are:

1) If I fly through Canada, and have to catch my connecting flight from there to India, do I need to have a canadian visa for that purposes? I have Valid F1 Visa stamping on my passport and I know that there is visa exception if I have a valid US Visa then I donot need to have a visitor visa but I am not flying from USA. I am flying from Trinidad to India via Canada with Valid F1 Visa.

2) Does anyone know of a known itinerary like this?

Please help me out here as I feel stuck.

Thanks,

Amit.

You will definitely need a visa to transit via Canada, whether you have a valid US visa or not.

You can try to fly via Dubai or Singapore or Kong Kong.

You will definitely need a visa to transit via Canada, whether you have a valid US visa or not.

You can try to fly via Dubai or Singapore or Kong Kong.

I have a different question.

I am planning to fly from POS to YYZ to dubai to India.

I know I have to apply for Canada Transit Visa but Will that visa allow me to claim my luggage at the airport and check it in again from another airlines? I will not be leaving the airport during this time.

My dilemma is that the airlines which is flying me from POS to YYZ can only check my luggage till YYZ. Then I have to claim it and check it in again at YYZ via different airline which will take me directly to India via dubai.

Please help.

I have a different question.

I am planning to fly from POS to YYZ to dubai to India.

I know I have to apply for Canada Transit Visa but Will that visa allow me to claim my luggage at the airport and check it in again from another airlines? I will not be leaving the airport during this time.

My dilemma is that the airlines which is flying me from POS to YYZ can only check my luggage till YYZ. Then I have to claim it and check it in again at YYZ via different airline which will take me directly to India via dubai.

Please help.

You will have to claim your baggage in Canada, then check it again, this applies to everyone. Your transit visa should allow you to re-check in and change flights.