Travelling to US, thru Canada. Transit Visa??

ruben123

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1B in USA and this time my trip to India, the return trip booked is coming thru Montreal. It will be just a transit and I will be in the airport only for 2 hrs. I had to book such a way, since I booked thru miles and this was the only available route they could award.

What are the transit rules for travelling thru Canada?

I hope I dont need a transit visa or visit visa or something, as I will be inside montreal airport for less than 2 hours. Also, where will be customs and immigration processing, in the US or in Canada itself?

If you are landing in Montreal from an international flight and then catching a US bound connecting flight, you will need to pass through Canadian customs and immigration. Your US customs/immigration will also take place at a pre-clearance facility in Montreal itself.

What are the transit rules for travelling thru Canada?

If you are landing in Montreal from an international flight and then catching a US bound connecting flight, you will need to pass through Canadian customs and immigration. Your US customs/immigration will also take place at a pre-clearance facility in Montreal itself.

oops!! then will i need canadian visa or anything? i have indian passport with H1B stamped visa

Wrong advice. If he is only transiting (staying within transit lounge) and he is not leaving transit lounge, than he does not need a visa, as he has US H1B. Please confirm with airline, what shall be your situation. Otherwise, if you will be going to transfer yor luggage than you need a visa

The OP will not be able to get to the US pre-clearance facility without entering Canada.

Wrong advice. If he is only transiting (staying within transit lounge) and he is not leaving transit lounge, than he does not need a visa, as he has US H1B. Please confirm with airline, what shall be your situation. Otherwise, if you will be going to transfer yor luggage than you need a visa

Dear I know Australia,America its a nice one places in the world.But india has its own importance.its a natural and beautiful place.flights to india provides you the best deals for india.visit at flights2india.co.uk

lagos is a nice one place in the world.you can get lagos visa easily.flightstolagos.net/ makes your jorney easily and comfortable.Lagos is the largest city in West African region. Its history shows that it called "Eko" in ancient Yoruba time.

It will take four or five seconds to complete the online form that is designed to replace the little green forms that we filled at the airport every time we drive travelled.Fly United States and explore the range of crops and land on holidays only to America and Canada can offer.