Travelling to India

raveesh12

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I am planning to travell using Advance payroll in Nov .Do I need to show I 485 receipt while traveling to India?If yes, Does copy of receipt work(I don't have original one)?
Any responce/suggestion will be welcomed.

Thanks.
Raveesh

You don't have to show anything while going to India. But while coming back. Keep all the Original three pages of Advance Parole handy for Immigration officer at Port of Entry and make few additional photo copies in case required by Airline.

If you have valid visa stamped on your passport, In that case you don't have to show AP papers to anyone in India.

At POE, Just show the AP papers to Immigration Officer and keep your 485 Receipt and other documents if you have any. In case the officer ask.

Hope this reply your question.

sayedfaisal, related question...

Are there "three" pages of Advance Parole ? I got only one page from my lawyer. Please let me know how many pages is AP.

In fact, First I gave only one paper to Immigration Officer at Atlanta POE which was meant for Immigration. But she specifically asked me where are other 2 papers. Then I had to pull from hand bag.

Page One is covering letter which is stated to you that Form 512 approved Present this document prior to MM/DD/YYY to an Immigration Officer at a POE in USA to permit you to re-enter the United States.

Page Two : Where your photo is pasted and blank box which states Arrival Stamp and at the bottom is TO ALIEN

Page Three : "Notice to Applicatant : Presentation of this authorization will permit you to resume your application........."
This page too has a signature of Director, INS Service Center

Hope this answers your question.

Shah Faisal Sayed

same here...single page ap

with picture on it. Did INS change AP format recentely?

AP ND 05/2002
Approval 08/2002

:eek: Where did the 3 page AP come from???????

:eek: :confused:

Where did the 3 page AP come from. The AP i received 2 weeks back has 1 page and an excat duplicate of it. On the First page top portion it has, Name, Address, DOB and addesss, SRC # , A#

The middle portion of the paper has square box in which it has all the INS blah blah blah.

The bottom portion has Signature of INS director and a empty box for parole Stamp on the right.

Any help regarding this will be great.

Appreciate it.

Gowdru, probably from April 2002,

the AP paper has been changed to two identical sheets. Do not worry about it.