Travelling thru Paris

bvreddy75

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I am travelling on H1B, my wife will be on AP. And I know this question has been asked/answered several threads. Based on those I think:
-I do NOT need transit visa as I have valid H1B visa.
-My wife needs transit visa as she will be on AP.

And as far my understanding this apply while I am coming back to US. But do we need same while I am leaving US and going to India? That doesnt make sense but we all know airport personnel. Actually my H1b visa is expired so while going I wont be having valid visa but I am going to india not US. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My friend has a valid H1-B extesion and his wife has H4 valid extension too. But they do not have passport stamped. They do have valid A.P.

a) Do they need transit visa while travelling through Paris.

b) Do they have to use A.P or H1/H4 visa?

Please reply..

Last edited by a moderator:
Marais said:
I have valid H1-B extesion and my wife has H4 valid extension too. But we do not have passport stamped. We do have valid A.P.

a) Do we need transit visa while travelling through Paris.
YES, if you dont have H1 or H4 Visa stamps, you can talk to particular consulate
b) Do we have to use A.P or H1/H4 visa?
---- if you get H1Visa or H4 visa then why to use AP? use H1 or H4 Visa stamps if you dont get VISA stamps then you can use AP
Please reply..

bvreddy75 said:
Hi all,
I am travelling on H1B, my wife will be on AP. And I know this question has been asked/answered several threads. Based on those I think:

And as far my understanding this apply while I am coming back to US. But do we need same while I am leaving US and going to India? That doesnt make sense but we all know airport personnel. Actually my H1b visa is expired so while going I wont be having valid visa but I am going to india not US. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
http://www.consulfrance-atlanta.org/visas_for_france.htm#requirementsairport

Canadian PR

Do canadian PRs holding pr card need a transit visa while travelling via paris to India.
I have a valid AP , expired H1 and valid canadian PR issued on Aug-2003.
Pls respond !!!!

jish said:
Do canadian PRs holding pr card need a transit visa while travelling via paris to India.
I have a valid AP , expired H1 and valid canadian PR issued on Aug-2003.
Pls respond !!!!
---- If you have Canada PR card then you dont need Transit visa

2 visas Or 1?

So lets say if I need a transit while going to India and coming back to US, Do i need to get separate transit visas for both directions with separate fees? Or is it just 1 application that supports both ways by 1 time of fee?

hummingburd said:
So lets say if I need a transit while going to India and coming back to US, Do i need to get separate transit visas for both directions with separate fees? Or is it just 1 application that supports both ways by 1 time of fee?

just 1 application that supports both ways by 1 time of fee

Its an apathy that airlines such as Air India or Delta who are the only carriers from US who have direct flights to India have to make a stop in Europe. I don't find any reason for these jumbo-jets making a round about trip to europe (making extra 1500 miles odd trip thru a stop-over in europe ).
Thus forcing travellers bound for US take a schengen/transit visa.
Look at China air, Singapore Airlines,JAL, Nippon airways who have direct non-stop 14-20 hours flight to far east from both US eastern and west sea boards.
And the biggest irony is that hardly you fill find passengers travelling by Air India alighting in Paris, almost 95% of them are direct India bound.
We need a lobby to force these 2 airlines which are india bound to remove such stop-overs in europe.This will save us time and money.

Travel thru PARIS !!!

Hi Guys my I 485 approved on Sep 30th and now i am waiting approval notices,once i received approval notices i will go to get stamped in Passport.
When they stamp on PP will they cancel all Valid visas(My H1Visa is valid till Feb 2005)?
Can i travel to India via Paris (AirIndia Flight) with I-551 Stamp? Do i need to take a Transit Visa for france? Because i already booked tkts to India on Oct 26th and i don't have Valid AP's. Actually i applied for AP's but that triggered 485 approval, so please i need ur valuable suggestations....

Thanks

bvreddy75 said:
Hi all,

Depends on the country of citizenship. For the citizens of some countries they still need transit visa even if they have valid US visa. For example, Sudan.Indians doesn't need transit visa if they have valid US visa or GC.

jish said:
Its an apathy that airlines such as Air India or Delta who are the only carriers from US who have direct flights to India have to make a stop in Europe. I don't find any reason for these jumbo-jets making a round about trip to europe (making extra 1500 miles odd trip thru a stop-over in europe ).
Thus forcing travellers bound for US take a schengen/transit visa.
Look at China air, Singapore Airlines,JAL, Nippon airways who have direct non-stop 14-20 hours flight to far east from both US eastern and west sea boards.
And the biggest irony is that hardly you fill find passengers travelling by Air India alighting in Paris, almost 95% of them are direct India bound.
We need a lobby to force these 2 airlines which are india bound to remove such stop-overs in europe.This will save us time and money.

Who in his right mind would want to fly 20 hrs non-stop? :) Its good they have a stop over in Europe.

pralay,
as of today i have valid visa (valid till Feb 2005), when i go for GC Stamping will they cancel all the visas? So at that time i am going to have I-551 stamp in PP, and No Physical GC....
I am Citizen of India.

EAD2003 said:
Who in his right mind would want to fly 20 hrs non-stop? :) Its good they have a stop over in Europe.

:cool: A non-stop won't be more than 15 hours to Bombay flat.