Travelling outside US/delay GC?

someone2007

Registered Users (C)
Does travelling outside US as Asylee really delay the GC Application Apporval ?
this is what some people around were saying but I see a lot of people here travelling outside US before getting GC...

this is what some people around were saying but I see a lot of people here travelling outside US before getting GC...

Make sure you get an RTD before travelling.

I think it does. I traveled extensively for my job before getting my GC and they did request for evidence asking dates and countries I travelled. It delayed my gc maybe 4-5 months.

I think it does. I traveled extensively for my job before getting my GC and they did request for evidence asking dates and countries I travelled. It delayed my gc maybe 4-5 months.

thanks wantmygcnow
I'll be travelling once only and for tourism purpose ..

Hi Want:
you should update your signature's "days to citizenship" to 1 year now. :) I'm one month right after you. Life is good when you have something to hope for and it's coming...

Not for me. However if you travel excessively, of course it'd raise questions. Normally people going abroad for vacation once in two or three years. So unless it's related to business or if you are 'loaded' I think you have to be prepared for consequences.
Some things done beyond "normal" would always draw questions.