Travelling out of country while AP in process

GC_091

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

My AP is in process and Iam planning to visit India in couple of weeks. Do I have to wait till I get my AP approved or is it possible to travel on a H1b. I have another two years of H1b, but I may have to stamp it this time when I travel. Please let me know your valuable advise.

Thanks All.

GotPR? said:
You can use H1B if both of stamp and H1 status is still valid.

Thanks GotPR, however the visa stamped on my passport is expired as of last month. I got an extension approval for two more years. So i may have to get in stamped in India I guess. Will I have any issues.

You could get H1 stamped in india...but it is taking a long time to get an interview over there....

You cannot travel in back with an h1 extension letter without stamping.... so the alternatives are

1. wait for AP approval
2. schedule a interview for stamping in india and make travel plans so that you go there so that you have 2 weeks after interveiw to be safe

Thanks Jack. I will make sure to get appointment prior to my travel and get my H1b stamped before travelling back to usa. My primary concern was to know whether i can use my H1b visa while my I-140 & AP is in process.

jack144 said:
You could get H1 stamped in india...but it is taking a long time to get an interview over there....

You cannot travel in back with an h1 extension letter without stamping.... so the alternatives are

1. wait for AP approval
2. schedule a interview for stamping in india and make travel plans so that you go there so that you have 2 weeks after interveiw to be safe