Travelling on I -551 stamp

Jaic

Registered Users (C)
Please share your experience while travelling to India on Stamped Passport. Did anybody have any problem back in India or at POE

I dont see

any problems in travelling with I-551 stamp as long u carry sufficent eveidence of ur GC approval (like approval notice..). I dont hv any personal experience but I hv seen many ppl travelling on stamp with out any problems.

You may be subjected to secondary inspection at POE if you dont hv plastic.

hi

That's what I have consistently heard...but looking at the stamping it is such an anti-climax.......and it does not mention anything about travel...it just says temp evidence of lawful Permanet Residecy - Employment authorised

Re: hi

Originally posted by Jaic
That's what I have consistently heard...but looking at the stamping it is such an anti-climax.......and it does not mention anything about travel...it just says temp evidence of lawful Permanet Residecy - Employment authorised

For that matter even the actual green card does not say anything specific about travel.

I have a I-551 stamp too and plan to travel to India sometime next month. It would be really helpful if someone could share their experiences....

If you have the I-551 stamp in your passport you WILL be pulled into secondary, but other than that there is NO PROBLEM travelling. Enjoy your trip, and say a prayer for a forgotten August filer.

Hey Thanks Guys

Our prayer is always with the rest of the folks in this forum who are still waiting.............

May we all get approved......