Travelling on AP....180 days rule

clear485

Registered Users (C)
Is it "Unlawful presence" or "Out of status" could be barred from admission upon reentry to USA after gained 180 days....

Travelling on AP, wants to check whether it causes any problem upon reentry.... Since last entry I don't have any issues, but before I was on bench morethan 6 months.....

Plz advise whether it is safe to travel or not !

Is it "Unlawful presence" or "Out of status" could be barred from admission upon reentry to USA after gained 180 days....

Illegal presence.

Travelling on AP, wants to check whether it causes any problem upon reentry.... Since last entry I don't have any issues, but before I was on bench more than 6 months.....

My rule of thumb is that if you even suspect that you may be subject to the 3/10-year bars, spend the $100 to grab a half-hour consultation with an attorney to review your history and see. My layperson's opinion is that you're not, but it never hurts to double-check.

I-131 instructions page

Illegal presence.

Thanks for the response TRC....

I read in I-131 Travel Warnings page that "Unlawful Presence" ONLY causes 3/10 year bar....
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf

Read A,B,C,D in paragraph 3.....especially C

"Unlawful presence is defined as being in the UnitedStates without having been inspected and admitted orparoled (illegal entry), or after the period ofauthorized stay has expired."

So I concluded Out of status won't affect the 3/10 year bar.....