Travelling in a week ,got RFE on I-485

GreenMurda

Registered Users (C)
All,

I made all travel arrangements (Air tickets, Advance Parole etc.,)to visit India. My wife gets a RFE and I am yet to know the contents of RFE. I am wondering what options I am left with

1) Resond to RFE (Provided RFE is simple and not time consuming ).

2) Request USCIS to provide more time to respond as I cannot cancel my trip owing to ticket cancellation fees etc.,

3) Postphone to other date.

Thanks in advance for all replies

All,

I made all travel arrangements (Air tickets, Advance Parole etc.,)to visit India. My wife gets a RFE and I am yet to know the contents of RFE. I am wondering what options I am left with

1) Resond to RFE (Provided RFE is simple and not time consuming ).

2) Request USCIS to provide more time to respond as I cannot cancel my trip owing to ticket cancellation fees etc.,

3) Postphone to other date.

Thanks in advance for all replies

You have to respond within the time frame the USCIS will give you (some RFE 1 month, others 3 months)

hi , may not be pertaining to your query . but just wanted to ask you did you receive any email for the RFE or was it the document directly mailed to you without any email .

Hello shribhadra,

I had created a online account on USCIS web site and site provides you with a option to select a case and e-mail to yourself on any application updates.I got a e-mail with standard message, the content of e-mail just says I would be getting a RFE letter and I am still waiting for this letter.

hi GreenMurda ,

Thanks for the update , yesterday i had received email saying Document mailed to applicant . I hope it is not rejection or denial.

Thanks
Shri

My Response to RFE

a) Hospital birth records which name the child and both parents

b)Medical records which name the child and both parents

c)School records which name the child and both parents

d) census records which name the child and both parents

e) Religious records in the form of certificate ubder the seal
of the organization where the baptism, dedication, presentation or
comparable rite occurred following the birth ,showing the date and
place of the child's birth, the date of religious ceremony, and the
names of the child's parents.

The above are the docs which USCIS has in its RFE . I would be submitting following

1) SSC certificate ( Secondary School ) with DOB and father's name .

2) Affidavit from both parents.

3) Passport biographic page ( parents name and DOB pages)

4) Diploma certificate with DOB and father's name.

Do you think the above are adequate in response to the above RFE ? as I cannot furnish each and every detail on RFE.

Thanks