Travelling for interview and TN1

kite2020

Registered Users (C)
Is it possible a canadian citizen travel to USA for F2F interview after getting entry on B1/B2 and if selected apply for TN1 by mail to change his status?

Yes, filing an I-129 can be done from B status, even if no I-94 was issued. It would require premium processing for it to even begin to make sense doing this.
2 points though: on your entry into US, you would have been expected to (a) tell them that you are going for an interview, and thus (b) likely have a return ticket/date stipulated.

Yes, filing an I-129 can be done from B status, even if no I-94 was issued. It would require premium processing for it to even begin to make sense doing this.
2 points though: on your entry into US, you would have been expected to (a) tell them that you are going for an interview, and thus (b) likely have a return ticket/date stipulated.

Thanks for quick response. Most of the time I got offer over the phone once I traveled to USA for interview I told going for a meeting. When officer asked what type of meeting told him going to discuss a project, ya you are right I had return ticket that time and came back to Canada.