travellin on adnavced parol

SATYARAJ K

Registered Users (C)
Friends,

I am travelling next week with the advanced parol. I have 3 copies. 2 with photograph and one without. Can you enlighten me on whether the INS at the port of entry would take one way or not. If I need to travel abroad more than 3 times a year, do I have to keep applying for parol

Do you have a multipe entry AP or a single entry ?

My attorned told me that i should never surrender/give the original copies of the advanced parole to anyone since my advance parole can be used as many times i want but before the expiration date.

The first 2 copies are meant for Alien and the bottom one is the transportation copy. If you have a multiple entry AP, i would recommend that you should always keep the originals and hand over the duplicates to the officers when you check in...

Could anyone please answer regarding how to use the AP before leaving the country ? Do we need to show the AP to someone before you leave the country ? please advise......

Thanks
Mog

I have travelled on advance parole. Here is my

experience. You donot surrender any copy anywhere. On your return when the airline staff start looking for a valid visa tell them that you are reentering based on advance parole and show them the copies. They will return all the copies and verifying them. The same happens at the POE. The officer stamps your I94 as well as one copy of the advance parole. He takes a xerox copy of the advace parole that was stampe and returns all the 3 copies back to you.
Surrender it when you go for your 551 stamping.

No Title

vinayak & mspwait,

thanks for your feedback. Mine is a multiple entry. I did enquire with couple of oter folks on advanced parol and they said at the port of entry, they will take you to a seperate room and take one of the paper away.
any more out puts on this

My Experience

Yes! At the Port of Entry, after a short (very short) interview by the immigration officer, he/she will send you to a small room, where you will wait for few minutes (in my case it was 10 min or so). You will be asked some questions by an officer in that room, when your turn comes, and if everything is clean, he/she will give you all the papers back to you. They will make their own copies to retain.

Mine is also a multiple entry AP. This is based on my experience in mid January, 2002 at NY JFK Airport.

Hope that helps.

I-94 when travelling on AP?

mspwait,
Do you get a new I-94 card when you enter using AP? What would be the expiray date on the I-94 in that case?

Different experience for my wife and Kid at Mumbai airport

My wife was asked to give the Transportation copy at the checkin counter inspite of her objections for herself and kid saying that they need proof of visa. It was just bs and probably they wanted to get some money. Anyway, she had to give it and when she reached here they checked the alien copy and stamped it. No problem.
The problem is that outside the country nobody knows or understands the parole process and you are pretty much at their mercy at the airport because their is no valid visa stamp if you are in US only on AOS and your H1/H4.... has expired.
The only new thing was that they gave the new I-94 with a stamp showing "paroled into the US until Jan 2003" (she came in on Jan 2002)
Have a safe trip....

No Title

Do we need to use the AP for travelling even if we have a valid H4 stamping in our passport . I heard someone telling that once we apply for SSN on EAD and start working on EAD, we cannot use our H4 stamping for travelling further and should go for AP. But i am not pretty sure about this, any suggestions would be helpful.

ead & ap

Mirya,

Once you start using the EAD card you have to use the AP. The H4 is no more valid. It\'s the same case as that of being in H1 or EAD. Once you decide to switch over to EAD from H1 OR H4, your H MULTIPLE VISA expires. You have to travel on Parol.

advanced parol

mastan,
thanks for your comments. could you tell me in which line you have to stand if you are using the Advanced parol, is it the greencard/ permanent resident line???

I got only 2 copies with my photo on them for AP.

both copies are exactly identical...nothing says alien copy or transportation copy...no third copy

Need help in EAD and wife\'s travel to USA

Hello all,

I am getting my EAD, AP in next week. My H1 valid until Sep 2002 and amd travelling to INDIA. Need help in the procedure for my wife travel to USA with me ... like does she need to get H4 or use my EAD and AP.

Entered using AP at JFK yesterday

Folks,

I just came back yesterday and was allowed entry using AP-multiple entry (JFK).

I did fill the I94 card in the flight. After arrival, as I got to the counter, the agent looked at the papers (ppt,i94,ap,customs form) and sent me to the room behind the counters.

Inside the room, submitted the docs to the agent. After 10mins, was called at the counter, asked to show ID (EAD) and that\'s it.

The officer stamped the 2 copies of AP (with pics) stating that I am being allowed entry using AP. He made a photocopy of AP for himslef. Same stamp on ppt. And I was out of that office. Nothing else was asked - not one word was exchanged.

While boarding the flight at point of origin, the airline just looked the ap docs , no copies asked.

Real simple, nothing to worry about.

AP/EAD is for the individual...

So if she does not have H4 stamp, she need to get her own AP (EAD is for employment). With AP as backup she can try for the H4 stamp. If you are using AP and do not have a H1 or don\'t intend to extend H1 (on an expired H1), then she cannot use H4. She has to use AP.

Thanks for sharing your info. Is EAD must for travelling on AP??

So far I didn\'t get my EAD. Planning to travel some time in May this year.