Traveling to parents COP

DeathstarIII

Hey all,
This is my first post :) My situation is I want to travel back to my country but my parents were granted asylum when I was a kid. I have a green card and an expired Passport from parents COP. Will it be a problem for me to come back if I go to my country? Do I need any other documents besides a renewed passport and my green card? Thanks.

Hey all,
This is my first post :) My situation is I want to travel back to my country but my parents were granted asylum when I was a kid. I have a green card and an expired Passport from parents COP. Will it be a problem for me to come back if I go to my country? Do I need any other documents besides a renewed passport and my green card? Thanks.

If you were a kid when your parents were granted asylum and now you are adult greencard hold, I assume you are eligible for citizenship. Why not become a citizen and use American Passport?

I just got my green card about a year or so ago. I been living in the US for 7 years so can I get my Citizenship yet? Is there any way they can backdate the time of residence to the time I came here? That would've been great if possible.

I just got my green card about a year or so ago. I been living in the US for 7 years so can I get my Citizenship yet? Is there any way they can backdate the time of residence to the time I came here? That would've been great if possible.

I got your point and sorry about that. The problem of backdating is a problem we all have as asylees. I have also the same problem and wish there was a way to backdate to the date of original grant of asylum. but for now there is not way to backdate it...

As for your former question, that question has been debated on this forum for a long time and there is no consunsus among forum members and the USCIS. Some individuals have renewed their passports and travelled to their country of claimed persecution and returned without problem. In the short term there appears no problem. You may renew your national passport and travel back to your country of claimed persecution at your discretion and return safely, but we don't know about the long term consequences.

As far as travel documents go, your national passport and greecard is enough. some people obtain re-entry permit, but that is redandunt and not necessary....good luck on your trip...

Would I be questioned on point of entry to the US by officials? I mean the fact that I was a son of an asylee wouldn't be a problem for my re-entry? I just don't want to be told that they can't let me come in anymore so I want to make sure. Anyone in here in my type of situation ever had a prob?

What category does it appear on your Greencard? AS6 or AS7?

It seems that the probability of you having problems at the time of citizenship is much lower if you are not an AS6 (principal applicant) on your asylum case.

You should be fine (unless the asylum application was premised on problems related to you, an unlikely situation since you were a kid).

The best thing to do is to ask an attorney to evaluate the contents of the asylum application and then advise you accordingly.

If you were a kid when your parents were granted asylum and now you are adult greencard hold, I assume you are eligible for citizenship. Why not become a citizen and use American Passport?

Why Are you so Stupid the Guy asking a question he said ``can I travel with my National passport and GC \
why u have to be a smart ass and telling him to get a US passport . Again think First Mr Chertoff before u say anything .

Why Are you so Stupid the Guy asking a question he said ``can I travel with my National passport and GC \
why u have to be a smart ass and telling him to get a US passport . Again think First Mr Chertoff before u say anything .

Deathstar said he has been here since he was a kid...Logic tells anyone reading that maybe he can get a US passport.. SO just chill off on faysal.

Mrs. King 27…On April DeathstarIII posted his question. I responded with a curious question on the same day. He then clarified the misunderstanding. We come to a common understanding.

Why on earth would you dip up my postings on April 13 and analyzed them. You are not the person you posed the question. You are not who responded to it. You are not bringing any new insight into the conversation. How is your post relevant to the follow of the discussion?

Want: thanks for your understanding

Mrs. King 27…On April DeathstarIII posted his question. I responded with a curious question on the same day. He then clarified the misunderstanding. We come to a common understanding.

Why on earth would you dip up my postings on April 13 and analyzed them. You are not the person you posed the question. You are not who responded to it. You are not bringing any new insight into the conversation. How is your post relevant to the follow of the discussion?

Want: thanks for your understanding

Just go and F***k yourself